Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Repairs in Charlesland+Greystones

Options
  • 28-10-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey all....

Just to let you know......those of you who got the washer/dryer with the house in charlesland will now be out of warranty (obviously at this stage!)

Recently rang the MANUFACTURER of our own machine as it had packed up mid cycle and I was dreading having to fork out for a brand new one!!!!

Sadly the cost for a technician to come out is ASTRONOMICAL in my opinion!!!!
    €114 just to cast an eye over the nefarious machine.....then we would have had to pay labour AND replacement parts if necessary - I was choking at this point....

Anyhoo, decided to ring around and got talking to a guy off the website 'domesticrepairs.ie' mobi-0860686230 (sorry didn't get his name-duh!)

It turned out, he directed me over the phone on how to fix what he thought the problem sounded like.......

We actually fixed it + saved a fortune!!! He didn't charge a pingin rua!

I had to post this as a result.....and with impending doomsday otherwise known as the credit crunch approaching, these tips are very handy me thinks!!!

I am NOTHING to do with the domesticrepair.ie, I simply want people to save a bob or two and the lad deserves credit for being a decent fella not looking to extort money off every person who rings him!

A happy washer woman:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Thanks for the tip, il know where to go next time.....twice this year i have paid the ridiculous fee of e.114 (im assuming your is indesit as well) for a five minute call out.

Why go to college- this is legal robbery and im sure you could learn how a washer/dryer works in a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barn Owl

It is the same manufacturer indeed! Wasn't sure if I was allowed name them or not but you did it for me !!! oops!!:D

Yep, he was great....I totally agree, 114€ is a royal rip off.....google them if you have a prob again....although I hope you won't have to obviously!

:D

Advertisement