Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killorglin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Tis that..Its also the one with no clothes on....;):p

Ohhhh look at my shiny ban-hammer! *shakes ban hammer angrily at carch*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

440Hz wrote: »
    Ohhhh look at my shiny ban-hammer! *shakes ban hammer angrily at carch*
    blahbyfblows.jpg
    banhammer2ug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Now then - you'll need directions.
    If you're coming from the Killarney direction, look for the filling station on your left. It still has last year's Santa display on the roof.
    Then, on your right, look for the brown tourist sign for the King Puck Statue. Then, carefully move your head to the left. 15 feet away, there is the statue.
    I don't know if the teddies are still there.

Wouldn't want you to go wrong there. Have a whale of a time.

Cheers for the directions :D I shall be looking for the Santa on the roof and the brown signage ... Should be good going back again after so long...What's the nightlife like back there on a typical week-end? Any places worth going to or even avoiding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

avoid them all - take my advice! puck fair the only semi-decent thing about d town.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Cheers for the directions :D I shall be looking for the Santa on the roof and the brown signage ... Should be good going back again after so long...What's the nightlife like back there on a typical week-end? Any places worth going to or even avoiding :pac:

Stay down by the filling station until about 9:00 - if the Santa hasn't lit up by then, I should leave it.
    Some of the bars at the top of the town are very popular with locals, the Kingdom or Bunkers - you'll come to no harm in any of these. A little out of season, but this need not be a bad thing. Fishery or Bianconi are good for food. I think Nicks is closed for the winter, but that's gone down imo. Pity you missed Puck this year - it lashed down for three days but Mundy's gig was great on the Square.

• Advertisement

Well the santa refused to shine for us at the beginning & people weren't quite sure what it was we were looking at :pac: but the goat was just as i remembered, still and quiet, very very quiet.

I have to say i liked the lights on the bridge, real nice touch and focal point when the night’s coming to an end.

Oh what a night! Seriously I have to go back here. The town itself was relatively quiet but like everything else you make the most of it with the company you are in. We went into this one really auld pub at the top of the town and met some locals that were just absolutely lovely to talk to. It had this rustic, old-fashioned, good auld traditional feel to the place. I almost enjoyed it better than the puck week-end that I remember from years ago – defo no-where nearly as busy, the locals weren’t afraid to speak their minds and were just good company.

Thumbs up from me anywhoo & I will have to go back.

Cheers Oliverdog for the tips and info ;)

... Pity you missed Puck this year - it lashed down for three days but Mundy's gig was great on the Square.

I heard about Mundy alright and damn , it really did leave me envious that i missed them - fantastic concert by all accounts

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I heard about Mundy alright and damn , it really did leave me envious that i missed them - fantastic concert by all accounts

It was - and he's in Killarney on New Years Eve at the INEC with Sharon Shannon and Shane McGowan :eek:
    We have tickets and we're looking forward to it - I've been ill and have to get this cleared by the medics first, but hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I've been ill and have to get this cleared by the medics first, but hoping for the best.

Sorry to hear that - wishing you all the best also!

That's very kind of you - thanks a lot. Better every day, thanks to some very special people at Kerry General and elsewhere. :)

• Advertisement

It was - and he's in Killarney on New Years Eve at the INEC with Sharon Shannon and Shane McGowan :eek:
    We have tickets and we're looking forward to it - I've been ill and have to get this cleared by the medics first, but hoping for the best.
    Sorry to hear,hope all is well now and that you get to the gig!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

hey guys im back......
    thank god for that.

PUCK 09 Counting down da days........

puck isnt a festival...................... its a state of mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭mr kilo

im free

mr kilo wrote: »
    im free
    Ah..not permambanned so...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 landykid60

yep, i"m from killorglin, but living in callinafercy,and killorglin is one of the best towns in ireland,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 julanont

Killorglin is on the up. They have a comedy club there now with all the top lads playing. I went to see Joe Rooney at a Spanish tapas bar there last friday. Venue was cool its in an old church that was renevated.

Here is a website for the upcoming comedy gigs
    http://www.happyendingevents.com

and here is latest news happening there.
    http://www.killorglinringofkerry.com/category/blog/

Killorglin has about 26 pubs, 2 great venues for gigs, a golf course, rowing club and not to mention Puck Fair Festival. Killorglin also has some big companies in town which are big employers and unlike other towns in Ireland hasn't been hit as bad from the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Do any of ye Killorglin lads know if that big lake by Cromane is fished? Are there salmon and trout in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 cutefainne

Yeah there are some trout in that lake no salmon. I have fished there over 20 times and not much luck. More fun shore angling in Kerry than on the rivers or lakes in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Cheers. I do a lot of sea fishing down in south kerry but prefer fly fishing for trout. I saw it from a hill walk recently. I might try that lake so. Can I just ask if there is easy access to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

any suggestions for a beach close enough to killorglin foe jogging/running and for swimming later in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rosbeigh is the closest which is about 20 mins or so from Kilorglin (far side of glenbeigh). There's also Inch which is about 30/40 mins away. Not sure if Cromane has any beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ditzyfitzy

any suggestions for a beach close enough to killorglin foe jogging/running and for swimming later in the summer

Rossbeigh for sure! The back strand is best for running sometimes as the sand is harder. But sure that's a local secret! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

mr kilo wrote: »
    BOUT TIME WE HAD A THREAD
    took ye an age to get it going,
    so how are things going by the banks of the laune, it is about 13 weeks to go for puck,

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

goat2 wrote: »
    took ye an age to get it going,
    so how are things going by the banks of the laune, it is about 13 weeks to go for puck,

Enjoy the summer before you wish it away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

newman10 wrote: »
    [/B]

Enjoy the summer before you wish it away
    what summer, it is lashing down right now and has been for past week, ha, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hello, where bouts is the CarryOut off licence in Killorglin?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

On the hill opposite Mulvihill Pharmacy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 francomcdaddy

Last post about Killorglin back in 2011! Jesus show u how relevant Killorglin is online! Time to restart.

Big Wind Turbine went up in 2012 that caused alot of controversy.
    Finnally locally community groups got better organised and started doing thing for the town like the spring clean event, flavours of killorglin and cleaning up the town. Every sat I see about 40 tidy towns people around the town cleaning up

Local man was murdered in Beaufort which was big news as nothing like that has ever happened here. Killorglin is a nice town with low crime rate.

Lots of new businesses opening and closing but alot more going on in town now way more events.

any questions about killorglin check out the facebookpage or I am trying to get the killorglin website going again The only killorglin website -

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 francomcdaddy

Horrible about James, one day hopefully someone will come forward with info.

Puck was amazing last year as the first day was a scorcher, i was in Oshea beer garden after the goat went up and great atmosphere, people singing, reciting funny speeches great.

it it 4 days this year or next year. Its the 400th anniversary for puck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've only ever been to Killorglin once! The shame lol

Advertisement