Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Board

Options
  • 28-10-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi lads,
    Just wondering does anybody have any experience using ouija boards and where to get one in Limerick city...me and a few friends are going to try one out just for fun as its Halloween so any body with helpful information please reply, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi Cooldude - trust me - they are not cool or fun - infact the total opposite. Please don't even think of using such a Board, if you need to communicate, then go through a proper Medium. But these Boards are not games. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cooldude2008

hi jude, a group of friends are thinking of doing one, just for Halloween. It would be their first time and we dont really know much about them. But its just superstition, or is there any truth in the stories that they work. Many family members over the years spoke adamantly about not going even near them.some actually tried it and you could tell by the way they spoke that something spooked them..do they actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Supposedly they are very dangerous alright...Not fun at all

has anyone got any personal experience with them, a lot of people say they are dangerous. Most people I know have tried them just out of interest when they are drunk or something, but most people believe them to be sinister and dangerous...dont know why though

Yes I have and it wasn't good and that's why I'm saying please stay away. It isn't a game/toy and should not be taken lightheartedly. Listen to your friends/relatives. Please don't be bullied into doing this, even if your friends laugh and say you're a coward - so what. It just isn't worth it. There's enough unrest in the world today. There are plenty of things you can do for a laugh on Halloween but keep away from that kind of board!!! J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They are a load of nonsense. You've nothing to fear. It has been debunked many an occasion.

sounds like you had a very bad experience with one..i myself wouldnt be taking part but id still watch just to see what happens..just curiosity really..anything strange happen when you tried it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

sounds like you had a very bad experience with one..i myself wouldnt be taking part but id still watch just to see what happens..just curiosity really..anything strange happen when you tried it

Seriously it doesnt matter if you take part or not you will still be there,

if you want my advice DO NOT USE IT..... it's only looking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

fted008.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

u can draw one up. but dont, its not good. personal experience, told someone would get hurt, 3 days later they were caught up in concert crush and seriously injured. whatever about them being fake etc, why take the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Why is this in the Limerick City forum...?

haha tanks for lightening the mood bazz..to answer your question its in the Limerick forum because I wanted people from Limericks information on where to get a board and their experience alright.

well my drunk friends decided to use the ouija board last night just for some entertainment, and unsurprisingly a lot of things happened. When they started they asked if anyone was there and a picture of our lord fell off the wall and cracked everywhere. As they were asking questions, something answered with Hell and Kill, pretty freaky if you ask me. Again they asked another question and the pointer moved immediately to the letters Death. They could hear footsteps around the house and even worse the power cut to the house, now how could you explain that.

They could hear voices in the room being played and due to the house being in complete darkness one of the girls started crying and ran out. Doors started slamming and the kitchen was a mess. The process of ending it was disturbed and not finished so for all they know whatever they were talking to is still around. Was a very scary experience according to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

What a pack of idiots,

they should go and get the house blessed straight away to be safe.

Friends of mind played with one on a housing site in one of the nearly build houses, they got a bit obsessed and couldn't stop playing until one of them killed themselves,. to this day whoever moves into the house doesn't stay very long.

Im sure your friends will be fine but it would be alot safer if the just got the place blessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ouija board is NONSENSE.

Nothing happened. Just an over-active imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing happened.. yet..:pac:

So you got on to Boards last week asking for advice on where to get one and asking of people's experiences. Most people said "avoid it" - "don't do it" and yet your friends went ahead and now God knows what harm they've caused.

But there is no point reiterating how stupid they were, that isn't the advice that they need now. I agree with previous poster who advises you to get the house blessed and when you do so, tell the priest exactly what your friends did. Hopefully they will heed the advice given this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Years ago, we made one with a sheet of paper and a glass. One of my friend's heads did a full 360 degree spin. His other heads were grand though. I told him to stop messin and he pounced on me and ate my leg.

sparkman dats not funny..my friend used one the other nite and he did a 360 aswell, now hes in hospital with concussion after falling on the floor...was a bit dizzy after all the spinning business. But I think after hearing my friends stories there a load of crap and if anyone has any proof to state the otherwise Id be all ears. Everyone talks about them as if there letal, its just a wooden board. If they actually worked wouldnt some company have marketed them to mourning relatives trying to contact loved ones and made billions.

To be honest Its a load of BS if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

If they actually worked wouldnt some company have marketed them to mourning relatives trying to contact loved ones and made billions.

Toys R Us are ahead of the game :

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266493

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I used one and got sucked into the tv, after avoiding the white light my mum came in and dragged me out after a creepy little woman told her to, now....this house is clean

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

krudler wrote: »
    I used one and got sucked into the tv, after avoiding the white light my mum came in and dragged me out after a creepy little woman told her to, now....this house is clean
    might wanna get onto dyson about that, you might be onto something there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I did a Ouijah board a few months back. Nothing happened then, nothing happened now. A load of bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 *Carol*

What a load of bull.... If anything actually was spelt out on a board it was by one of the participants... Such a ridiculous thing to be afraid of in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think its meant to harm you on what way you live your life.

We found one while we were in Santa Cruz CA, that place is weird enough and we put on our mates bed beside him while he was asleep and he woke up and found it beside him....was so funny! He nearly pooed himself.

Guess who made it?? MB games....!!!

Would never touch or use them to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie797

Years ago, we made one with a sheet of paper and a glass. One of my friend's heads did a full 360 degree spin. His other heads were grand though. I told him to stop messin and he pounced on me and ate my leg.
    :D:D:D

seriously though I would never dare use them myself!!I am terrified watching that haunted live programme on one of the sky channles!!:o

interestingly enough my younger sisters did muck about with these boards many years ago and when they asked the "spirit" to leave a number of light bulbs fell out of the sockets at home!! that was freaky

Advertisement