Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just for Men hair products

• 28-10-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hi

i have this thread in Fashion+Appearance but id like to have it here aswell if thats ok with the mods as its an issue that is quite important to me.

basically, ive a lot of grey hairs for my age and having black hair makes the greys quite noticeable. went out and bought Just for Men the other day and am going to use it for the first time soon.

just wondering if anyone else here uses it and how good they find it?

it says that it only targets they grey hairs, does that mean if u put in on all over ur hair that the non-greys will remain unaffected? also how long does it last for?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Do you mind me asking what age you are? I've yet to meet a woman in my age group (late 20's) who expressly disliked grey hair on a man. Personally I find the whole flecked grey thing ridiclously sexy :)

OT though, if the product is anything like women's hair colourings then the dye will colour all of your hair, but it's a gentle colour. Grey hair is naturally unpigmented (hence the grey colour) and will hold the dye more easily, so your greys will absorb lots of colour and your dark hiars will only absorb a small amount and won't look 'dyed'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

thanks for the reply.

im only 20 so i feel far too young for the 'grey look'!

ive seen the greys developing for the last year or so but its got to the stage now where i really wanna do something about it, ie start dying it.

the bottle says to use the product all over the head but i was thinking of just putting it over the grey patches? does anyone know how long the dye lasts for?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

g'em wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what age you are? I've yet to meet a woman in my age group (late 20's) who expressly disliked grey hair on a man. Personally I find the whole flecked grey thing ridiclously sexy :)

I've had quite a few greys since I was fifteen, this is nice to hear! I've got brown hair, so it's not as noticable, but I see them when I look in the mirror!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

oh yeah . . Totally agree wit g'em on this one. The salt and pepper look is just extremely sexeh.

A girl will know when a guy has used hair dye! not pretty. even if you are 101 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I started to get grey hairs (well, there's no such thing as a grey hair actually, they're actually colourless, almost transparent) in my late teens, and was almost completely grey by the time I was in my late 20's. Mind you my dad was 50% bald by the same age, so I'm grateful for small mercies!

I think the whole thing with these cover up dyes is when do you call it a day, and stop? Or do you carry on doing it for ever and a day? I mean, it's going to look a bit strange if you suddenly decide to stop dying your hair, and then suddenly turn grey in a matter of weeks or months, isn't it? Then you're going to have to explain to everyone what you've been doing for all those years :)

Personally, I never felt the need to do anything to mine, and the only thing I've ever heard from the ladies is that they find that look attractive, never have I heard any of them complaining about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

Alun wrote: »
    Personally, I never felt the need to do anything to mine, and the only thing I've ever heard from the ladies is that they find that look attractive, never have I heard any of them complaining about it.
    to be honest, it doesnt matter to me that women dont mind that look. i dont personally like the greys so for my own personal reasons i wanna cover them up!

i think id keep dyeing the hair until i felt 'ready' to be grey, and then id get my haircut really short for ages so it wont be too obvious from the start.

if i just dyed over the greys and left the rest of my hair, wud it look obvious that i dyed it (presuming the dyed colour blends in ok with my natural colour)?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Homer

jph100 wrote: »
    if i just dyed over the greys and left the rest of my hair, wud it look obvious that i dyed it (presuming the dyed colour blends in ok with my natural colour)?

thanks

As a male who has been steadily going grey for a few years now PLEASE do not dye your hair, even if it is only for your own personal reasons. I've yet to see a man with dyed hair that didn't look ridiculous. It's pretty obvious, especially if you do it yourself.
    Why does it bother you so when it is socially acceptable, and even a turn on for certain women?
    Silver fox FTW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Homer wrote: »
    As a male who has been steadily going grey for a few years now PLEASE do not dye your hair, even if it is only for your own personal reasons. I've yet to see a man with dyed hair that didn't look ridiculous.

How do you know? Perhaps you've only just seem those with badly dyed hair.

There are some that should dye their hair as premature grey can make some people look old before their time.

One of the advantages of being a man is that it's far cheaper to get your hair dyed than if you were a woman :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

I think this thread has veered from Men's Health to Fashion & Appearance.

I'm closing the thread now. If people feel strongly that this is a Health issue, please PM me.

OP ... good luck with your decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement