Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a hug ...

Options
  • 28-10-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭

I messed up in my interview today :(
    I can't stand being at home anymore, as much as i love the company of the ladies lounge!
    Please give me some hugs girlies :(

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

*big hug*

Interviews are like buses. Therell be another one along in a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

/* Removes penis and steps forward :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Aww hugs pet *HUGS*, maybe it wasn't as bad as you think? There'll be more jobs anyway don't worry xx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Aww you poor thing, hopefully it didn't go as badly as you think.

Have a hug from me, treat yourself to some chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

/* Removes penis and steps forward :D

Removes penis from whom?

Poor you She Devil, don't worry... everyone always thinks they do badly in interviews!

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At least you got an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

She Devil wrote: »
    I can't stand being at home anymore, as much as i love the company of the ladies lounge!

ditto! I got yet ANOTHER "we regret to inform you that your recent application has been unsuccessful"....really feel like crap right now! :(

**hugs**

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Have a hug! :)

I got a "We regret to inform you" letter during the summer. I didn't even get an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

At least you got an interview.

I know, but i am more than experienced and qualified for the position its in my area of expertise and i just ruined it!! I had prepared for a whole week, all weekend i practiced very seriously on my friends and boyfriend :( sniff sniff they didnt ask me anything i had prepared, :(

ANYWAY thanks for the hugs girlies, ye are the best .... love ye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ditto! I got yet ANOTHER "we regret to inform you that your recent application has been unsuccessful"....really feel like crap right now! :(

**hugs**

***hugs back***
    Isn't it so horrible, rejection really sucks, you have to be a real strong person to get through those letters, and phone calls. :( I will cry when i get the unsuccesful letter, i will come back and look for more hugs that day :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get ready for the next one. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

You can have a giant hug from me.......I'm a man but sure hopefully a man's hug won't hurt.....

*hugggggggggggggggg* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Not a girl but you can have a hug anyway.

I totally know how you feel, I moved down to Limerick in May, thinking I had a job secured. Didn't start working until August. I have a degree and fairly broad experience... couldn't even get a job in retail. Was absolutely soul destroying. I was about a week away from dropping one into Maccers but I imagine I would've taken my own life before I let that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

HUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

however it mightn't have gone as bad as you think, and even if it did just learn from it and don't make them same mistakes the next time

Aww i am in tears here, everybody is so nice, thank you to the guys to, you have lifted my spirits :) i love hugs :)
    Totally agree on the soul destroying thing, i was in a great job in waterford, i really don't want to regret moving to dublin because i love it here! :(
    Again thank you guys xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Wouldn't worry about it, you never know. I went for my grad interview last year, it lasted 15-20mins or so and it went horrible imo. Talked to others in my class who went for the same position and they told me how great theirs were and how they lasted at least an hour, I ended up getting the job though which shows that although you think you may haev done bad the interviewers may have seen something in you to choose you instead of others!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

*hugs* for She Devil. You poor poppit. I feel your pain. Rejection is becoming a pain.....as is the past almost three months of unemployment.

There's only so much playing on boards you can do!

*super snuggly bone crusher hugs* :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

**big hugs**

Maybe they just didn't ask you the questions you expected because they know by your experience and qualifications that you would know that stuff no problem!! I wouldn't rule it out yet!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

I don't know you so I shall give you one of those slightly awkward pat-on-the-back-but-no-body-contact type hugs

I was unemployed for 9 months there 2 years ago and though all my friends were sayin how they'd love to not be workin, it was horrible so I is a feelin your pain mu-lady

though not inspiring when uv just botched an interview, all i can say is, learn from it and move on...that that doesn't kill us will only make us stronger :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bob1970

hugs all round!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

No hugs from me. Life is tough and you need that fear of failure to do better the next time. Hugs will do you no good in the long run. A week of painful introspection will.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

No hugs from me. Life is tough and you need that fear of failure to do better the next time. Hugs will do you no good in the long run. A week of painful introspection will.
    Ooooh tough love!

So who refused to hug you, CE?

Perhaps if people greeted others problems with a hug and caring and understanding people might be less depressed!

extra hugs from me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Oryx wrote: »
    Ooooh tough love!

So who refused to hug you, CE?
    The mods of Ladies Lounge. One in particular who hurt me quite badly.

The mods of Ladies Lounge. One in particular who hurt me quite badly.

Will we guess who it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

*Massive Nursy Hug coming your way *

You poor thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Here's a big Munster hug commin at ya :D

You know your good enough to deserve a good job.
    It will come to you, just keep on trucking for the time being.
    ((((((HUGS))))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Not one of the girlies but as long as you don't mind:
    hug.jpg

funny-pictures-bunny-wants-hug.jpg

Hopefully the next one will go better for you.

Advertisement