Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Match Thread: Man United V West Ham [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Archimedes wrote: »
    Yea, that Anderson looks a right knob when he showboats.

lol

I didn't say he couldn't it just looks "out of character"

like keane doing the step overs taken the piss out of ronaldo just looks odd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

deleighted with the way the team are playing hope tevez and berbatov can get on the score sheet.

ya might not see Rooney on the pitch never mind the score sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

anyone have the misfortune of looking at the chat room on the justintv link the sheer leval of retardation would drive ye to suicide.

PHB wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. His movement has been outstanding, outstanding. His movement is the reason we've been dominating this game imo.
    His end product aint top class, but he's got an assist, and coulda had 2 more. He is young and he is frustrating, but its very harsh to say he's playing retarded.

Agree with this I would say it's been his best game this season. (I know that isn't saying a lot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

jaykay74 wrote: »
    you can see the 2 Utd goals below if you missed live (like me) due to dodgy streams.

click on "view more" to see 2nd goal

http://www.mightyfootball.com/
    You legend, fcuk lads berba is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The performance tonight has been fantastic same as the first half at the week end , Big differance tonight we got that all important 2nd goal.
    Like to see Carrick get some game time in the 2nd half .

As for Berb's piece of magic , WOW class :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nani's still had too many instances of making the wrong decision, or trying to take on too many players. Better than usual (got the assist), but still not good enough.

Berbatov = class act :D

But sorry, Bentley has GOTS wrapped up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

lampard scored a good goal alright. bentleys was better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bentley's goal reeks of **** goalkeeper for me, anyone else? Had that looped over Almunia it would have been unspeakable, but the goalie should have done better.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Bentley's goal reeks of **** goalkeeper for me, anyone else? Had that looped over Almunia it would have been unspeakable, but the goalie should have done better.

was thinking the same.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

course it was - keeper shouldnt have been beaten from there...

Skud wrote: »
    lampard scored a good goal alright. bentleys was better

just seen it there looks like a bit of a cross to me

game back on, no team changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's usually an element of bad keeping if someone scores from 40+ yards... Still gonna be one of the goals of the season.

Anderson's passing is quality today. He's playing great.

ntlbell wrote: »
    just seen it there looks like a bit of a cross to me

ya on second thoughts it was a cross - his foot is bending around the ball slightly

Dave! wrote: »
    There's usually an element of bad keeping if someone scores from 40+ yards... Still gonna be one of the goals of the season.

Anderson's passing is quality today. He's playing great.

Still think there is something missing. I dunno what it is, can't put my finger on it but there is just something i feel is lacking.

not enough show boating? :pac:

think nani missed finishing school :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

was waiting for replay to see if he meant it and he did :eek:, Some bit of skill from Tevez with that flick , was brillant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Coulda been a penalty there for West Ham, woulda been harsh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Who is this Carrick chap coming on? He might be a prospect!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the head on Rooney

jesus wayne grow some hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

V flat 2nd half overall...maybe to be expected but 1st half tempo never reappeared after break..

Shows the confidence that Rooney has right now, trying shots like that.

...and Neville is coming on.. really feel sorry for Wes Brown.. after last season how the hell is he third choice RB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Its ballax to be fair, I can understand playing Rafa but Brown should be no1.

That is the 3rd time i have seen rooney dropping deep and picking up the ball in or near our box and turning it around with a couple of brilliant passes into a great counter attack by hooking up with Duine eile. Just great counter-attacking play.
    EDIT: Or was it Evra?
    <<
    >>
    Nothing to see here.

D.S. wrote: »
    V flat 2nd half overall...maybe to be expected but 1st half tempo never reappeared after break..

Shouldn't happen IMO. Its what screwed us at the weekend. A poor attitude after an easy first half.

Regarding Brown I think Fergie is gonna change that position nearly every game. Neville will prob play at the weekend against Hull, and Brown will play in the CL against Celtic. Therefore better to give Neville a run out tonight for ten mins if he will playing at the weekend.

That is the 3rd time i have seen rooney dropping deep and picking up the ball in or near our box and turning it around with a couple of brilliant passes into a great counter attack by hooking up with Nani. Just great counter-attacking play.
    EDIT: Or was it Evra that time?

Rooney came on for Nani ;)

Legend!
    Ahaha. Stupidest comment ever goes to bollocko.
    So it was Evra?
    The pace on Rooney though, running from his own box to link up and challenge in attack. Loving this play.

Jesus 4-4 in the Arsenal-Tottenham game..

3-1 when I last checked in!

I should have watched the second half of that match instead of this bore feast of second half.

Game over. Poor attitude second half, we seen how that hurt us at the weekend don't how it was aloud happen tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Because we got 2 goals in the first half instead of one. 2 goals up, take it easy, be fresh for Hull. Good job well done.

I should have watched the second half of that match instead of this bore feast of second half.

Game over. Poor attitude second half, we seen how that hurt us at the weekend don't how it was aloud happen tonight.

+1...we're missing a bit of leadership on the pitch for me. Ferdinand as captain should be driving his players on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Just saw the berb flick, sweet.

PHB wrote: »
    Because we got 2 goals in the first half instead of one. 2 goals up, take it easy, be fresh for Hull. Good job well done.

Not sure on this. If we had eased up and just struck a few passes and controlled the game that would be one thing. For me, we just got sloppy. Continued to play our attacking game but were missing passes, trying flicks that weren't coming off etc etc.

Don't get me wrong. Great first half, good result. Just think we should be controlling the game a bit better when we get ahead. Maybe it's the inexperience coming through, though I do think Ferdinand should be showing a bit more leadership on the pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Jazzy wrote: »
    man utd will win 3 - 0

ronaldo (if he plays, is he being rested or back or wat?) will score 2.

ah well, half right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That is the 3rd time i have seen rooney dropping deep and picking up the ball in or near our box and turning it around with a couple of brilliant passes into a great counter attack by hooking up with Duine eile. Just great counter-attacking play.
    EDIT: Or was it Evra?
    <<
    >>
    Nothing to see here.

Managed to download the sky sports coverage of the champions league final the other day (before that I could only get the ESPN crap) and rewatched it. At one point Rooney wins the ball in our own right corner. Runs about 15 yards and whips a ball right to the opposite corner of the pitch to Ronaldo who crossed for Tevez's divin header which struck Cech and stayed out. He has Scholes' ability to play long balls.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Managed to download the sky sports coverage of the champions league final the other day (before that I could only get the ESPN crap) and rewatched it. At one point Rooney wins the ball in our own right corner. Runs about 15 yards and whips a ball right to the opposite corner of the pitch to Ronaldo who crossed for Tevez's divin header which struck Cech and stayed out. He has Scholes' ability to play long balls.

It really shows his workrate IMO. At the same time I can see why people sometimes get annoyed when they see a frontman drop so deep, but it is such an explosive weapon to aid Utd's counter-attacking when he does link up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Extended highlights of the game on Sky Sports 2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

It really shows his workrate IMO. At the same time I can see why people sometimes get annoyed when they see a frontman drop so deep, but it is such an explosive weapon to aid Utd's counter-attacking when he does link up like that.

True. I think it works though when we have Ronaldo playing as he's really an extra striker.. The english hate it though as he doesnt suit their national side then :D

Watching the highlights of todays game now. Some cheeky chip by Berbs :) wish he'd run a little more but I suppose then people would be giving out that he does too much :D Great to see Tevito getting a start. The guy bursts his ass for us. Though I think Fergie has a great skill to see when he needs to talk up someone he's had to leave out.

One last point Fletch has been excellent this season. I know with Scholes Carrick and Harg fit he can't be first choice but great cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Welcome back Michael Carrick

Hopefully it will be Carrick and Anderson in the middle against Hull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just saw Berbatov's turn for Ronaldo's goal..... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Suuuuupoib!
    Beautifully done. Soon to be a king among captains :)