Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh tuna steaks

Options
  • 28-10-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I have 2 fresh tuna steaks at home for tonights dinner but i've never made them before. I have a griddle pan but i'm a bit stuck for a nice dressing / sauce for the steaks. I'll probably serve with new potatos and mixed veg..
    Any tips appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

To me lots and lots of pepper is essential for tuna steak.
    This one sounds really simple:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/searedtunasteakwiths_89495.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i never put any dressing personally on tuna steaks, just salt and pepper. or i'll chop it up and eat it raw with a soya sauce, lemon and coriander dressing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I had tuna steaks before at a restaurant before on holidays and they were fantastic, the guy basically marinated them in a spicey tomatoe sauce, chopped tomoatoes, garlic, onions, black pepper and a little tabasco sauce and then onto the barbeque or grill..

Bloody fantastic.. droool!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Storf

I know this is an old thread but im looking for somewhere to actually buy tuna steaks - if anyone could recommend a place that would be fantastic!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you're looking for frozen Aldi normally have them. If you're after fresh tuna steaks where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Storf

I live in Dublin - Ive heard of Cavistons in Sandycove that could help me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I've gotten/seen fresh tuna in

Fallon & Byrne
    Donnybrook Fair
    Fishmongers in Donnybrook that i can't remember the name of
    Sea Pearl on Sth Richmond st
    Tesco a few times, some of them have a fish counter
    Superquinn

Advertisement