Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afro-Caribbean joint, Balbriggan

Options
  • 28-10-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had tried it and what it was like. I walked past it on Sunday night and the place seemed to be hopping. Good food? Good atmosphere? To be avoided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Would be interested as well! It's not listed on menupages.ie unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

paulie13 wrote: »
    Would be interested as well! It's not listed on menupages.ie unfortunately.
    Would that really sway you anymore?

Menu Pages Boards Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Would that really sway you anymore?

Menu Pages Boards Thread

Disappointed to see that. Will have to go on gut instinct or personal recommendations in future so :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wondered about this place too and am nearly sure there was a thread here before about it.
    I haven't tried it but the menu looks very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

There was mention of the place on someother threads but nothing "review" like. Looks like one of us might just have to take the plunge and try it and let the rest know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I wondered about this place too and am nearly sure there was a thread here before about it.
    I haven't tried it but the menu looks very limited.

3 different curries and a choice of 2 rice, something like that. They also have 2 different beers. I saw the menu outside once, actually quite funny it was so limited.

Anyways, without being controversial I would imagine that is geared towards non-national clientèle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen it open.

Seems to be lasting longer than the Fire Pit that was last there.

Be curious to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen it open.

/QUOTE]

Was open last Sunday night and was rocking - I went past about 10.30/11.00pm - good african beats blasting out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I was gonna start a new thread about this place but found this one instead :)

I've never seen it open but saw the opening times outside it the other day. Would be interested in hearing anymore reviews, has anyone else been?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Sheesh, I thought that closed ages ago :rolleyes: Love Caribbean food though, must check it out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement