Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 28-10-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey guys was out in kerry yesterday in castlegreg, my second time wit a surfboard and couldnt manage to stand at all on the board , it was pretty rough and the wind was really strong so not great conditions for a newbie i suppose. Will it be like that for the rest of the winter or was it just particulary rough at weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What size is the surfboard and what size are you would be the first thing that came to mind here before the weather comes into account I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nicksrfcas

i go down there the odd time...it really depends on the size surf board ur using ..also the swell..was it on or off shore wind..alot of people just see waves but you must look into the waves..are the waves crashing instantly and just dumping..are they breaking straight onto the shallow sea bed...also how long jave u been surfing for

c - 13 wrote: »
    What size is the surfboard and what size are you would be the first thing that came to mind here before the weather comes into account I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mags345

ta guys for response, I think the waves were too frequent for me and conditions were bit rough, But went back on friday and had a mighty day, got standing a gud few times! was happy out after that again, so is it just a case of practisin a lot? i've only been in the water three times so far with a surf board so long way to go i presume!:)

Advertisement