Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Options for Home Entertainment Centre

• 28-10-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Im looking to put together an entertainment centre for our flat before the xmas party season kicks in, and i was hoping to get some advice please...

It must have:
    Scart out (doesnt have to be hdmi as we've only an old crt TV)
    Wireless lan
    Harddrive
    Play DIVX, Xvid, DVDs
    Bluetooth maybe...
    Im not big into games but if it could play games then thats great.

Im thinking about a few different options:

Old games console like XBox, Ps2 and modchip it. I had an xbox to do this but it got robbed. These are older so im not mad abot this. good thing is - cheap!

New games console. xbox 360, wii, ps3 - which is the best option here?
    My mates have a ps3 to do this and its great for parties. Expensive though.

HTPC - shuttle or something. Will it have scart out though, sound out etc? Noisy expensive? How smooth will it work at parties? I aint gonna be like bill gates in the corner trying to get a tune on, while everyone else is having a laugh...

Can anyone recommend me an option?
    Thanks guys!

Advertisement