Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Event - The Plague

Options
  • 28-10-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Was on argent Dawn at the weekend. happen to stumble across the world event that happened.

The Plague outbreak across every major alliance and horde settlement in Azeroth. did this happen on your server, if so what did you think?

did you enjoy the experience or did you not?

I had a level 32 shaman i can't tell you the amount of times i was turned into a ghoul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Happened on my realm this weekend. Decided not to play because of all the QQ rp'ers throwin hissyfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Manties wrote: »
    Happened on my realm this weekend. Decided not to play because of all the QQ rp'ers throwin hissyfits.

Yea tell me about it, Argent Dawn is a RP heavy server. I have to admit i REALLY enjoyed it. my toon wasnt high enough to help out in the battles save for healing and the like but it added a litlle spice when you wanted to cross the city. at lower levels it meant creeping in the shadows once in a while.

plus if you got infected you got turned into a ghoul, how can you not enjoy that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It wasn't realm specific guys, it was on all realms.

And I thought it was pretty amazing tbh, tons of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

WellyJ wrote: »

+111111

Absolutely epic, hours of fun to be had in IF and SW. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Loved it, but even better was all the "I'm cancelling my elevendy accounts !!11one11!!111 " bullsh%t on the forums :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

really enjoyed it :) managed to get alot of the gear and got the awesome axe from kara on my paladin from the temp boss :D best hidden use effect ever! (turned ya into the guitarist from L80ETC)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

there was one stage where about 15 ghouls controlled by alliance came to org, and they were slaughtered pretty quickly.

AS for the zombies that were coming into shattrah, they got killed pretty quickly.

There was something happening world wide though, where basically these crystal type things popped up and loads of undead came out of them, and by killing them you got these rune drops, 15 = epic.

Though they were surrounded by loads of people, and it was pretty ****, with mages jsut aoe'ing and robbing the targets for their party ..

we spent roughly 2 hours going around the world searching these out, found 4 , and the same ****.

Wasnt enjoyable at all... we got nothing from it..and the battles themselves were puny

In a server which is pvp, and RP isnt an issue, they got slaughtered pretty quickly, but most werent interested in the zombies floating about the cities.

However there was just horde camping at the zones where undead got summoned to drop runes.

The best part was an alliance party of about 15-20 camping one crystal set, and we steamrolled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

think the biggest "invasion" i saw was some 45 player zombies + npcs breaking out of the chaple in sw city, we pretty much left nothing but chaos in our wake for 2 hours(think bout halfway through it must have been about 80+ players... and zombie npcs everywhere)

unfortunate fact was that, that many zombies togethere can heal eachother so fast... anyone attacking will be a zombie before killing one

have to say i think the whole thing was fun, annoying at times but in no way gamebreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Holy crap, monty!

long time no see.

On topic, the zombies were fun for about 10 seconds then got annoying. The guitar is awesome (WHY IS IT A *&^£*&£$( 2hander) and the epics for the runes is good idea for the more scrubalicious players going into northrend.

Btw doc, theres still tons of invasions going on and, onn my server at least, theyre all empty now, you can go and be entirely alone farming your runes if that is your wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I thought it was hilarious and fun
    But I did get a bit pissed when planning to do a few BG's, to find the battlemasters were dead/undead and they wouldn't respawn

Guys in our pact pulled off a nice little raid on ally territory's
    http://i37.tinypic.com/2h66nfa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

on my mains i thought it was fun, when i logged my 18 rogue at xr to join a group for rfc and wc i found it a pain in the ass, had to zombie my ass over to the gy and blow myself up and hs back to org

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

WellyJ wrote: »
    It wasn't realm specific guys, it was on all realms.

getting turned into a zombie was the ****ing gayest thing i've ever experienced in 3 years of wow.

it ****ing sucked, you had all the ****ing downers on the server LOLSing it up killing auctioneers and flight masters.. just a steaming pile of **** from beginning to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

think the biggest "invasion" i saw was some 45 player zombies + npcs breaking out of the chaple in sw city, we pretty much left nothing but chaos in our wake for 2 hours(think bout halfway through it must have been about 80+ players... and zombie npcs everywhere)

unfortunate fact was that, that many zombies togethere can heal eachother so fast... anyone attacking will be a zombie before killing one

have to say i think the whole thing was fun, annoying at times but in no way gamebreaking

The same thing happened to me. On the friday night when the plague event happened I was in the cathedral square in sw, over 70 players plus most of the guards were turned into ghouls they managed to drive everyone defending the city right back to the trade district. that was the most insane 90 mins of my wow playing days.

The high point for me was I actually got infected (unknown to me) at the time i was just talking to the griffon master in sw i took a griffen to athari highlands and died and rez'ed as a ghoul mid fight while still on the griffon, I landed in refuge point in athari and managed to infect EVERY NPC in refuge point. (including the griffon master) I have a few screenshots of it at home. Funniest thing i have ever seen.

The ghouls even managed to infect that group of 4 alliance NPC's on horseback that travel between refuge point and stormguard keep.

I'm pretty sure the plague event is over now isn't it? Tho blizzard are saying there's still more to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Plague event is over however they will be doing more world events in the lead up to WOTLK :)

so ive noticed :)

I found one of those crystal things last night, on my own...and got some guildies and mates to come.

in literally 30 mins i got 300 nerotic runes, the legs and chest...4 times...for each armour type :)

ive the whole set 3 times over all the trinkets and a ridic amount of wizard oil.

Have to say it was fun, because i was on my own with the lads :)

But i love the world events that happen i think they are tremendous and if they keep up till the start of wotlk ill be chuffed..

I dont know if any of you remember back to beta before wow vanilla came out, but on the last 4 days, there was an end of world event, where doom guards and infernals ravished the lands, and id never seen such a coming together of players in all my life, ill never forget the 70 horde then lined up in brill to tackle the scourge army.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Can the runes still be turned in?? in work atm & got like 300 on lock, wish hadda got more on rogue but was desperatly tryin to get the cloth chest with no luck :(

ive the whole set 3 times over all the trinkets and a ridic amount of wizard oil..

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/19/12065199534-where-are-the-sharpening-stones.html
    Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks.

discontinued for sale, or just taken from game totally?

id be pissed to go home and find them all missing, they were sound for blasting through kara

discontinued for sale, or just taken from game totally?

id be pissed to go home and find them all missing, they were sound for blasting through kara

****ing right, they were dead handy on my lock for a extra bit of spell power.

that full set with that oil was just demolition in kara...

most of the raid i was last night had it equipped and we milled through kara in 2 hours 25 mins.

Not to mention i also got some robes there, that have a chance to increase spellpower by 130 for 10 seconds...and it just so happens to kick off every 4-5 attacks which is just class.

I kept a full plate set in my bank, cause there is seemingly, with wotlk, the ability to pass soulbound items between chars on your account on the same server.

With this in mind, ive pretty much gotten some ridic gear for my DK when he turns 60 then 70...

• Advertisement

Yeah i had them robes on my lock, i was amazed how often they procced to be honest, but the robe from ZA or even the MGT heroic robes woudl be better for you.

that full set with that oil was just demolition in kara...

most of the raid i was last night had it equipped and we milled through kara in 2 hours 25 mins.

Not to mention i also got some robes there, that have a chance to increase spellpower by 130 for 10 seconds...and it just so happens to kick off every 4-5 attacks which is just class.

I kept a full plate set in my bank, cause there is seemingly, with wotlk, the ability to pass soulbound items between chars on your account on the same server.

With this in mind, ive pretty much gotten some ridic gear for my DK when he turns 60 then 70...
    it took you 2 hours and 25 minutes even with all that stuff :eek:

the are spawns are bastards to have spawn...its all about luck

i couldn't believe it took you 2 hours 25 mins to clear kara

with a pug thats grand...considering 4 of the group had jsut dinged and were dieing for their first kara run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

The event was fun, something to do while waiting for Wrath. People will complain about anything. Wasnt it cool as **** to turn into a zombie then have the ability to talk to people on the opposing faction?

i loved how the forums got spammed with

" omfg blizz like buff zombies please jesus"

and then go on for ages ranting about how underpowered they were..

i ****ing hate WoW whingers, and pretty much anyone who posts on there :(

A simple little event, to keep you amused...and they moan about it.

If i was working in blizz sometimes id jsut say " you know what **** them, we wont do little events like this if they are going to moan"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

To me, this is part of what seperates Blizzard from it's competition. These seemingly random, and yet highly polished events and encounters that tie in the overall lore and storyline to the day to day lives of the jaded WoW player.

Shame they have a tendency to stick them into a little bag and drag them out to perform like a trained monkey every year to remind us of how awesome they are. Somewhat ruins the seemingly spontaneous appearance of them and just makes them mundane.

I personally love these events, they are so much fun. I just wish there was more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Do you have any links to this

Advertisement