Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomb Raider Underworld

• 28-10-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Demo now on live.. Anyone play it? Im in work so I cant :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I had a little go - looks very polished and the framerate is rock solid. Looks like a pretty big demo but I'm gonna wait for the full game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dazftw wrote: »
    Im in work so I cant :(

Same as.... grrrr....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Same as.... grrrr....:mad:

ah I know I read it earlier on kotaku and realised I had 5 hours left in work.. :(

Finished at 8 though but it will probably take over half hour to dl!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I loved the previous 2 Tomb Raiders, this is looking sweet. It will be downloaded as soon as I'm home! I must get the 1000 out of Anniversary before this is released...

Well, got the demo finally. Looks very nice, plays nice too. Lara gets all muddy and stuff, dirty girl! :) seems like a good game apart from a couple of minor gripes.

Might leave this for a while, too many games vying for attention at the minute and Fallout 3 is probably gonna take up a million hours of my time when it's out.
    Mr. K wrote: »
    I loved the previous 2 Tomb Raiders, this is looking sweet. It will be downloaded as soon as I'm home! I must get the 1000 out of Anniversary before this is released...

There's been 6 or 7 Tomb Raiders, has there not? Tough enough achievements for that one though...
    Finished at 8 though but it will probably take over half hour to dl!!

:eek: How fast is your net? the file is 1.27gb

• Advertisement

20mb ntl, it flew up to 56% now its stuck!? So annoyed!?

Just played the demo there now, very impressed I have to say its got a ton on the previous games! Its reminds me of uncharted but better, shes got a few new moves! Graphics are stunning its very realistic looking. The demo level is pretty big its got tigers as well :)

She does this annoying thing though when shes walks past like leaves but she smacks them as if there attacking her lol :D

20mb ntl

Jaysus!
    She does this annoying thing though when shes walks past like leaves but she smacks them as if there attacking her lol :D

Maybe she saw that film with the killer plants (The Ruins)

I fell off some places a few times due to glitchyness/collision detection. Wasn't too bad though. The tightness of her clothes made up for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

its got tigers as well :)

Tomb Raider isn't Tomb Raider if your not pushing endangered species further towards extinction.

Will D/L tomorrow and give it a whirl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I downloaded this but sadly didn't get a chance to play it as my connection was horrible last night so it finished while I was asleep.

I've also loved the previous two, so I'm a bit of a junkie. So glad the franchise has been rebooted with Crystal Dynamics. Lets face it, TR2 was the last decent one before Legend, and even that wasn't up to 1. (Anniversary was like a dream ;))

Will try tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Played it through and I must say, it's great fun! The animations look real nice and the graphics got a nice upgrade. Day 1 purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gonna fire this demo up now and see if its worth a look......

Maybe she saw that film with the killer plants (The Ruins)

Thats possibly the worst film ive seen in a long long long time!

:eek:

Fieldog wrote: »
    Thats possibly the worst film ive seen in a long long long time!
    :eek:

It wasn't that bad....:)

Was that the film with
    the temple and once they went up the village people wouldn't let them back down? and that poor man had his legs chopped of with a ROCK!?
    if so that film was more funny than anything

In the game though its really like shes having a fit and smacking the plants out of the way :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mental note, never let women go to the videoshop, they come back with films such as "The Ruins" which is grand for ****s n giggles, then when its over they look at you and say "well your man behind the counter said it was good!"

:p

On another note, never let Bombleswizzum go to the video shop!

:D

Fieldog wrote: »
    On another note, never let Bombleswizzum go to the video shop!

:D

Ha! I never said it was good though.... :)

It was about as scary as The Happening! (ie, not at all)

Ha! I never said it was good though.... :)

It was about as scary as The Happening! (ie, not at all)

Ok the happening is the worst film ever, went to see that in the cinema with a few friends and jesus did we do some laughing.. by the end we had half the cinema laughing at it aswell. Oh god what a bad film!

...so back to Lara Croft :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That was an interesting diversion lads, I now know to avoid that film!

The demo is good. It's pretty much the same as the others gameplay wise, but the graphics are beautiful. I like!

Advertisement