Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Portsmouth

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Kuyt still chasing down the keeper and last defender even after 88 minutes. Dynamo! If only he could shoot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus Liverpool are defending like it was going out of fashion!

Keane on for Gerrard

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Robbie Keane comming on last few mins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I love the dirk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

this stream has gone to sh1te...from what I can make out pompey have the ball every time it plays

Keane coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Davei141 wrote: »
    I love the dirk

The mans a legend, theres no doubt.

91 mins, 3 mins injury time. Keane coming on for Stevie G. It's been panic stations out there. Why can they not hold onto the bball and kill it off. Why are my nerves shot every time I watch them... 91.40 mins

Keane spurs a good chance but thats it.

FT 1-0

Phew.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

solid result, poor performance. Still on top though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That's it. Didn't see much of the game, but I'll take the 3 points.

From the BBC Live Text:

"If Liverpool win today it is the best start for any Premier League team in a Premier League, eight wins and two draws. I remember Chelsea under Mourinho going on a similar run."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Few its over that was a nervey last few minutes but we got the victory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »

FT 1-0

Phew.

Mike

A pun and a sentence that surely cant be true all in the one Mike. Good work.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

keane with chance at the end there.
    Fulltime...YES 3 points, no banana skin after the Chelsea win..just. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

FT 1-0

Phew.

Mike

Pun??:D

Edit: Damn Stekelly's too fast!

Will take it, phew!!! But we're still nowhere near champions standard yet. Love it, 8 games won and a goal difference of +9:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Spurs equalize, what a great game 4-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

sod it, that'll do - spurs'll be tricky, shouldn't be having watched most of their game tonight but I think we're making most things tricky. Nevermind - someone said on the bbc text thing that this is the best start by any team to a prem league season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Phew. Not a good performance, but i'll take the result. Not happy about Spurs grabbing a point. They'll be high on confidence now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Phew. Not a good performance, but i'll take the result. Not happy about Spurs grabbing a point. They'll be high on confidence now.

ah well, bless em, they'll be low on it after saturday...especially if a certain Fernando Torres is back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

good 3 points won.
    would have liked to have seen a goal from open play. i think PHB is right tho about being a bit toothless. babel played well and has a few good ideas, kuyts finishing is too poor for him to be a centre forward.. hes grand on the right tho when he can drift in for a sneaky one.
    with Torres back i think we will have more bite. another thing about kuyt - i dont think he has a good natural instinct as to wat the players on his team are looking to do. there was a good few times where gerrard would go looking for him to be making that instinctive run (like torres) but he would be caught flat footed. hes good with whats in front of him but doesnt seem to have that mental edge that top goalscorers have.

at the end of the match we were creating our own problems (just like the commentator said) some sloppy play and too many loose balls. need to shore up on this sort of thing or else a lower quality team will ride their luck and get a goal and that could be the difference between 3 points and 1.

happy with the result, not so much with the attacking play. that said we have our 2 main strikers fit and ready again and babel is showing wat he can do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Doubt Keane will be happy to have a game where he had little time to score added to his stats.

Out of curiousity why was this not available on any UK channel?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

shane86 wrote: »
    Doubt Keane will be happy to have a game where he had little time to score added to his stats.

only one game can be shown at a time and arsenal v spurs was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sky Sports News

"Do Liverpool deserve to be 3 points clear and top of the table Charlie Nicholas?"

"I don't think they do."

Bravo Charlie.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

he had a great chance to score actually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Sky Sports News

"Do Liverpool deserve to be 3 points clear and top of the table Charlie Nicholas?"

"I don't think they do."

Bravo Charlie.:rolleyes:

Yes Charlie....

Che (a)
    Man U (h)
    Villa (a)
    Eve (a)
    City (a)
    Pompey (h)

6 top half teams in 10 games, 4 of them away from home and 16 points from those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

"If Liverpool win today it is the best start for any Premier League team in a Premier League, eight wins and two draws."

Fekcin Stoke :(

Delighted with tonight, would have been very happy with a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So. Keane to bag his first premiership goal for Pool against Spurs. No?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Possibly so Bill, possibly so...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Has to come at sometime surely, so good a time as any!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

good win,poor performance.still gikes will be on newstalk tomorrow saying we arent this and that and charlie nichlos saying we dont deserve to be on top.

If it was about playing good all the time arsenal would win but as its about winning the game im delighted.

The team can defend and Torres adds the bite up top.

You cant win the league at this stage but you can lose it and so far we are still in it*

*sorry about the cliches:o

i know its early days but an 8 point gap over united is great.

• Advertisement

to be honest, the longer the 'experts' are saying we don't look too good and haven't been playing well the better. It's when they start saying you have it in the bag that you know you are in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

copacetic wrote: »
    to be honest, the longer the 'experts' are saying we don't look too good and haven't been playing well the better. It's when they start saying you have it in the bag that you know you are in trouble.

sonehow i dont see many experts will be cheering us any time soon.

Heard a stat on the game podcast that only two teams palying in the champions league are unbeaten in all games this season and we are one of them.Thats quite an achievement.

Will Wycombe or Liverpool crack first?

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Will Wycombe or Liverpool crack first?

Mike

In fairness, they've got the tougher fixture.

True! Rothers would be 3rd in table without the deduction.

Mike

just saw replay of peno. crazy volley ball style spike by Papa, what was he thinking. Pushed Sami out of way to do it too. nuts.

Great Peno by Gerard, right into side of net with James going the right way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

raven136 wrote: »
    i know its early days but an 8 point gap over united is great.

quoted because....

copacetic wrote: »
    only one game can be shown at a time and arsenal v spurs was on.

Why, pray tell?

I dont have sky (not my choice) but it is seldom so many important games are on midweek.

Poxy sky news didnt even show the peno ffs. Nor did RTE. Ive long given up trying to watch a match online with any quality (are the PPV online services better quality anyone know?

Why, pray tell?

I dont have sky (not my choice) but it is seldom so many important games are on midweek.

Poxy sky news didnt even show the peno ffs. Nor did RTE.

It's the rule of the premier league contract. Similar rule doesn't allow them to show 3pm games on Saturdays in UK either. Attempt to protect attendances. You never see more that one game on at TV at same time except on final day of the season.

• Advertisement

Why, pray tell?

Poxy sky news didnt even show the peno ffs. Nor did RTE. Ive long given up trying to watch a match online with any quality (are the PPV online services better quality anyone know?

Don't think they're allowed to until after it's shown on terrestrial TV (ie - MotD)

What a bag of ****e.

Mind you, **** they certainly made a lucky pick entertainment wise in showing the Spurs match!

Again, are online PPV sites reliable quality wise or is it as blocky and pixalated as the free ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

was available on eurosport2 hungary/ romania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah the Sopcast stream I had was good quality from Eurosport 2 with the Romanian commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

was available on eurosport2 hungary/ romania.

Good channel they show United and Liverpool before any other team, shame about the commentary but you can't have everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

What a bag of ****e.

Mind you, **** they certainly made a lucky pick entertainment wise in showing the Spurs match!

Again, are online PPV sites reliable quality wise or is it as blocky and pixalated as the free ones?

I had tvu player going with an excellent connection and laptop connected to my lcd and it was grand. Channels 21500 and 21501 usually have the english soccer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Aye, TVU Player is usually good. Shite connection for me last night though cos of the shitty weather.

Got the few highlights on MOTD, and from what I saw, Portsmouth offered very few chances compared to what Liverpool had.

Was surprised Agger was dropped for the game, hate seeing the centre half pairing being messed about with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think we had 18 shots, 7 on target, and Pompey had 4, 1 on target

Advertisement