Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 inch samsung lcd €299 tesco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I know you can get the 20 inch version for 250 as well in power city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

cronos wrote: »
    I know you can get the 20 inch version for 250 as well in power city.
    The T220HD is way better than Power City's 20'' 2032MW.

It's a good price considering Komplett sells it for €299 and pixmania €289, then there's delivery charge.

It would be a bargain when Tesco offers 25% back in the near future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dell

I've one of these bad boys and they are class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Canonfan wrote: »
    It would be a bargain when Tesco offers 25% back in the near future.
    Yes? they will?
    Wonder if tesco will get any bigger Samsung lcd's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

kearnsr wrote: »
    Dell

I might be wrong but aren't you comparing a tv to a computer monitor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Jack.
    Picked one of these up last night in Tesco.They were not on display and had to get one from the stores.
    Fantastic looking tv/monitor. Just tried it on an aeriel signal and the picture was very good. Haven't tried anything else ... yet
    I think it's a very good price for being able to walk into a store and pick it up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Dell

That seems like a great deal!!
    I know you say it's a good monitor, can you give anymore info?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

inforfun wrote: »
    I might be wrong but aren't you comparing a tv to a computer monitor?

It is a computer monitor but with Full HD and HDMI the only thing your missing is speakers. Would be great connected to a PS 3/xbox etc

Slaanesh wrote: »
    That seems like a great deal!!
    I know you say it's a good monitor, can you give anymore info?

There are a few review on the dell website. Probably worth having a read there.

It has HDMI, DVI so you can hook up your PS3/Xbox blu ray players. Doesnt have speakers (which is grand if you like to use your own av stuff).

It is a computer monitor but with Full HD and HDMI the only thing your missing is speakers. Would be great connected to a PS 3/xbox etc
    Sorry just to add one more thing, it doesn't have a built-in TV tuner.

The Samsung T220HD is 2-in-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jesus that's savage value for the dell 24"
    I paid almost 600 for one of their 20.1" tfts about 4 yrs ago...worth every penny, still gong strong and it's picture still blows away a lot of LCDs I've seen on sale in shops.
    If this monitor is of the same build quality and the compnay has retained it's edge in picture quality then that's a steal.

Wertz wrote: »
    If this monitor is of the same build quality and the compnay has retained it's edge in picture quality then that's a stel.

It looks and feels great

?? you mean a tv and computer monitor?

CH3OH wrote: »
    Thanks Jack.
    Picked one of these up last night in Tesco.They were not on display and had to get one from the stores.
    Fantastic looking tv/monitor. Just tried it on an aeriel signal and the picture was very good. Haven't tried anything else ... yet
    I think it's a very good price for being able to walk into a store and pick it up.
    Glad you got it. ;) Is the sound good? i have trouble hearing dvd see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055392340

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It was actually my son who bought it for his bedroom. I had read reviews where a few had said the sound wasn't great .. but I actually thought the sound was quite good. It is certainly loud enough. You could always use headphones as there is a headphone socket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Hi,

What Tesco's is this available in?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

this sounds like a great piece of kit, does it have built in speakers? From manufacturers website it doesnt say and would be the built in tuner be ok to use for an ordinary cable connection? i have a syncmaster monitor at the moment bw2232 i think, but seems a good bit better!

To Jack:

Yes, that's right. It's TV and computer monitor.

Take a look at the back of this baby, the NTL cable goes into the right hand side.

samsung-t220hd.506547.jpg

PC World Jervis Shopping centre has this model on display, check it out.

Tesco downstairs had two of this at 2pm today.

To Jack:

Yes, that's right. It's TV and computer monitor.

Take a look at the back of this baby, the NTL cable goes into the right hand side.

samsung-t220hd.506547.jpg

PC World Jervis Shopping centre has this model on display, check it out.

Tesco downstairs had two of this at 2pm today.
    Thanks. very tempted but waiting to see if tesco will do a 32 inch

Sorry just to add one more thing, it doesn't have a built-in TV tuner.

A digital built in tuner? If thas what you are talking about its not much use to the majority of people here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A digital built in tuner? If thas what you are talking about its not much use to the majority of people here

How confusing are you? Essentially we have two bargain alerts in this thread:

The Samsung the OP linked too is a bargain as it is both a computer monitor and TV in one.

The Dell monitor you linked too is a bargain also as it's a stonking price for a 24" Full HD monitor.

Just to add something, both Samsung T220HD and Dell S2409W are TN Panel monitors.

TN (Twisted Nematic) is older technology. Also cheaper,it has faster response time, poorest color and viewing angle,blacks are not as dark as other panels. May be best for gaming, not so good for photo/text editing.

PVA: compromise between TN and IPS technologies

The IPS/S-IPS panels are best for graphics.

Bottom line, the T220HD and S2409W only good for gaming and video playing.

By the way, Dell S2409W has gone back to €359.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chris1982

Anyone know where i can get a 26 inch Samsung in Dublin area with a decent price tag?! thanks

Advertisement