Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 'not selling' broadband till end of november...

Options
  • 28-10-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

was in my local o2 shop in donegal and enquired about their broadband as id recently cancelled my 3 contract, the girl said....

'oh we've been told not to sell any more units til the end of november'...

'are they upgrading the network'...i asked...;)

'i dunno...we have plenty of units here but we got an email telling us not to sign anyone else up to it till the end of november'....:rolleyes:

any one else come across this?? are they doing this all over the country?
    i need to get some kinda broadband in ASAP so its 02 or vodafone for me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Maybe they have oversold their service and don't want to oversubscribe it by taking more customers until they upgrade their backhaul? Maybe they're trying to avoid the problems 3 faced?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or maybe there is another reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If oversold it is the right thing to do , pity those crooks in three don't follow their example . o2 did overcook their network in studenty areas with this offer last month

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/HEAnet

Then again Tesco could be launching Tesco 3G mobile :eek: ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If oversold it is the right thing to do , pity those crooks in three don't follow their example . o2 did overcook their network in studenty areas with this offer last month

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/HEAnet

Then again Tesco could be launching Tesco 3G mobile :eek: ???
    carlow has two colleges availing of that HEAnet offer so we are doubly stung here! but there may well be some other reason like the introduction of their home broadband offering?

Advertisement