Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for fast internet (20mb+)...

Options
  • 28-10-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Alright so I moved into a new apartent and our phone isnt activated yet I'm waiting on Eircom to call out. I've already tried Chorus UPC and tried to get a BB and Digital bundle but they basically said my address isnt BB active for their 20meg connection even though the guy two doors down has it. They said its on an address to address basis. Fair enough. Smart Telecom when I use the line checker says its 24mb connection isnt available either.

So do you need to have some connection to a cable network if you want anything over 10mb connection speed. Eircom are offering 7mb for something ridiculous like 45 euro a month. I was wondering also when my line is connected do I still have to pay Eircom for line rental if I'm with another ISP? Anyone else offering 20mb+ speeds in the mid west that doesn't need cable ready addresses?

Advertisement