Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

urbex - urban exploration

• 28-10-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Well I know that ages agi there were some posts about "urbex" with mention of the 28days later website. Unfortunatly, its mostly UK based and i cant seem to find any Irish based, so here goes.

I visited the old hospital in wexford and got the following:

[IMG][/img]1053A68A837749B780B504DE50893119-500.jpg

[IMG][/img]C8D4AF7F2DF44DE594A1AE9F08E967E3-500.jpg

[IMG][/img]44C96DBB566347CF91E704FAA77F40CA-500.jpg

[IMG][/img]28C3E9D1203A4585BAEA1E87E29E1F36-500.jpg

[IMG][/img]F5C88B656B704EEB8B4FC592F34F6850-500.jpg

Hope you enjoy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

are these for c&c?

if so 1 and 2 are a bit overexposed, perhaps you could reduce the exposure in cs2/lightroom

3 could do with a wider angle, to save the central object having its corners cut

something similar with 4

are you aware of HDR? could work very well with some of the photos i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 IrelandsEye2009

Hey dude we are the first irish Urbexer's visit us at www.barelythereireland.com

Forum www.barelythereireland.com/forum/index.php Sign up and post your reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

sweet. Something Im interested but im in rural not urban environments at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 IrelandsEye2009

Phototoxin wrote: »
    sweet. Something Im interested but im in rural not urban environments at the moment !

no worries, you should sign up on our forums anyway! we have tons of reports to post. we also want to visit rural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

abandonedireland.com is another irish run site. I've been on a few shoots with them - some shots on my flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭properbo

hi does anyone know other places in wexford or wicklow area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Diabalo

maddog wrote: »

Thats a pretty cool site. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Try do a bit myself, few pictures here.

5F47719D20134D25B7B523E61B53BCBC-0000344677-0002643538-00750L-CD63434EBF4C4CABB7BA983A06EB1BDA.jpg

Loads more on my pix account http://pix.ie/jonnyfitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Just wondering how safe the hospital is? I've been thinking of doing some modelling shots in there for a while and want to find out first as i wouldn't want to be putting any of the girls in danger

• Registered Users Posts: 19 storysham

Do a bit of this myself. Post on this forum quite a bit
    http://www.derelictireland.com/forum/
    Great community on there and it's fairly busy all the time.
    They also have loads of locations to hit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Just wondering how safe the hospital is? I've been thinking of doing some modelling shots in there for a while and want to find out first as i wouldn't want to be putting any of the girls in danger
    So just check it out yourself without the models. Different people have different ideas of what's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

storysham wrote: »
    Do a bit of this myself. Post on this forum quite a bit
    http://www.derelictireland.com/forum/
    Great community on there and it's fairly busy all the time.
    They also have loads of locations to hit up.

is this site gone ?

One place I would love to see would be the old Jurys in waterford, remember staying there when I was only a child in the late 80s-90s, its an eerie site seeing it closed up on the hill overlooking waterford now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 storysham

Larsso30 wrote: »
    is this site gone ?

One place I would love to see would be the old Jurys in waterford, remember staying there when I was only a child in the late 80s-90s, its an eerie site seeing it closed up on the hill overlooking waterford now
    I'm afraid so.
    They were getting too many legal threats. All of them unfounded but even to defend oneself from bull**** costs money and the decision was made to let it go.
    There are still pages about, particularly on Facebook, but you have to find them. I tend not to post my stuff to FB though due to a lack of anonymity.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Larsso30 wrote: »
    One place I would love to see would be the old Jurys in waterford,

It's on my list of things to do..........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

storysham wrote: »
    I'm afraid so.
    They were getting too many legal threats. All of them unfounded but even to defend oneself from bull**** costs money and the decision was made to let it go.
    I told the guy who was running it that he shouldn't have his address and phone number so easy to lookup. He said he wasn't doing anything wrong and had nothing to hide. Month later he received a solicitor letter. A lot of the heads on the forum needed to wise up.

Advertisement