Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy Polish vodka in Ireland?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Would someone know if any off licenses sell the polish vodka 'Wodka Zoladkowa Gorzka'

comes in a mint and kinda cinnamon favour... and is beautiful like polish women;)

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Maybe try the Offlicence on Talbot street near Connolly station, seems to have decent amount of Vodka's (including Lithuania vodka which i'l shamelessly plug)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You might want to try that bison grass vodka, fairly common now. It has a cinammony taste, goes well with pressed apple juice, tastes like apple tarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill second that. Zubrowka and apple juice. ONly apple juice, doesnt taste the same with anything else :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubrivka

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

According to teetotaller it can be got from Molloys in Coolmine, D15.

Żołądkowa Gorzka is an excellent vodka, certainly I prefer it to Żubrówka but it's so hard to get. I've never seen it on sale in the city centre and usually end up bringing a few bottles back from Poland.
    It comes in three flavours, original herb, mint and the newest is honey.
    2361922345_e580dcc933.jpg

They also have a limited edition which is a recipe from the 50's and I aim to get a bottle next time I'm back over there. I wonder how much different it'll taste.
    2370154_685992.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I've seen it in "The Ice Box" Off Licence in Balbriggan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

cozmik wrote: »
    I've seen it in "The Ice Box" Off Licence in Balbriggan.
    some good botteled beers in there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I've seen that vodka in Fairview, offlicence oposite to ESSO.

You can get Zubrowka and Wyborowa in most offies these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Oooh, thanks for reminding me about this stuff... A friend in work brought a bottle back for me and I've been dying to try it again ever since.
    Haven't seen it in any offies in Ireland yet, they only ever seem to stock Bison (which is quite nice, but in a different league)

I could easily see myself turning into an alco if I had a plentiful supply of it, it goes down way too easy on the rocks straight out of the freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smile27

Hi, if you are still interested in Zoladkowa Gorzka here you have a list with Offies where you can find this product: Winewell Dunyboyne, Eamon Grimes Wine Limerick, Talbot Off Licence on Talbot St., Centra Ballyjamesduff, Spra New Bridge, Shiels OL in Dublin, Kelly's Wine Cellar in Phispboro, The Ice Box Finglas and Ballbrigan and also in SV stores and Centra if you are lucky:))

Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

smile27 wrote: »
    Hi, if you are still interested in Zoladkowa Gorzka here you have a list with Offies where you can find this product: Winewell Dunyboyne, Eamon Grimes Wine Limerick, Talbot Off Licence on Talbot St., Centra Ballyjamesduff, Spra New Bridge, Shiels OL in Dublin, Kelly's Wine Cellar in Phispboro, The Ice Box Finglas and Ballbrigan and also in SV stores and Centra if you are lucky:))

Cheers!!

I've also seen it for sale in the Centra on Manor street for about €30, a pain in the behind when it costs €5 in Poland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

polish bloke I had introduced to a few whiskeys brought me a bottle of chopin vodka a while back, my oh drinks vodka, not mad for it myself but this stuff with tonic was demolished(1 sitting)..........and I never did that before,
    lovely stuff but never went looking for it again,I think it would be a bad thing for me if it was easy to get, 500mls i think:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ODuibhi

Have been to that off license in Limerick,and it is closed down.
    Tried fine wines, dunns and tescos with no luck. Im meteor <snip> if anyone finds it."its nectar of the Gods".Get the tradional "Tradycyjna"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

ODuibhi
    a) Don't put your personal phone number into posts, and
    b)Please don't dig up very old threads.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement