Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor on 3G

• 28-10-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone on the 3G with Meteor yet ?
    the reason i was wasnt moving of Meteor was cos they were rolling out 3G soon. then i find out that they rolled it out in Dublin and like Cork (?)
    Looked at my phone today and was actually connected using 3G... which may be worring cos i wasnt on the internet at the time.

(i can only pick it up in Dublin, when i go home to Meath i back to good ould 2G)

Any one using the 3G with Meteor yet ? are you lucky enough to have it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Im using it.. I find it quite good..
    Dont use it that often because its heavy on battery, and I dont like the tarrif, paying €1 a day... which gives you 50MB.. an amount you'd never use.. therese a thread of people moaning about it somewhere..

I wouldnt be worried about being connected, your phone will display a 3G logo when it recognises a 3G signal, doesnt mean your browsing online using it or being charged for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

EDGE is a better option imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah i use it too, find it handy on the go to get onto my msn messenger and such, but the 1EURO for 50mb is just silly tbh. I've been using it daily for about 2 weeks, not all that much, some light browsing and msn and some other internet apps and in all that time i've only downloaded 8.1MB. And yet i pay €1 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I use it and love it. I have Meteor 3G coverage at home (Louth) and work (Dublin). I am very impressed with the speeds and because I download quite a lot I really like the €1 charge per day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

mathew wrote: »
    Im using it.. I find it quite good..
    Dont use it that often because its heavy on battery, and I dont like the tarrif, paying €1 a day... which gives you 50MB.. an amount you'd never use.. therese a thread of people moaning about it somewhere..

I wouldnt be worried about being connected, your phone will display a 3G logo when it recognises a 3G signal, doesnt mean your browsing online using it or being charged for it.
    Yeah i use it too, find it handy on the go to get onto my msn messenger and such, but the 1EURO for 50mb is just silly tbh. I've been using it daily for about 2 weeks, not all that much, some light browsing and msn and some other internet apps and in all that time i've only downloaded 8.1MB. And yet i pay €1 a day.
    Tarakiwa wrote: »
    I use it and love it. I have Meteor 3G coverage at home (Louth) and work (Dublin). I am very impressed with the speeds and because I download quite a lot I really like the €1 charge per day! :D

Do you have to ask for this tariff or is it automatic?
    Is this tarriff only for 3G or is it applicable for EDGE as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Its applicable for 3G and EDGE.. you dont have to sign up for it, its the only data tarriff available on PAYG..
    Appart from Metoer streaming which seems to give free streaming of Youtube videos... theres a thread somewhere about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

samhail wrote: »
    Anyone on the 3G with Meteor yet ?
    the reason i was wasnt moving of Meteor was cos they were rolling out 3G soon. then i find out that they rolled it out in Dublin and like Cork (?)
    Looked at my phone today and was actually connected using 3G... which may be worring cos i wasnt on the internet at the time.

(i can only pick it up in Dublin, when i go home to Meath i back to good ould 2G)

Any one using the 3G with Meteor yet ? are you lucky enough to have it :)

3G in dunboyne, co meath.. except places like where i live (a big well known estate) where even GSM coverage is questionable!!

Advertisement