Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Run Sarge Run!

• 28-10-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

So i have decided to start this log to track my weight loss in the next few weeks. I am now the heaviest i have been ever. I'm 6ft and 93kilos. SO its a lot now i do carry it well but its time to do something about it. I'm 23 and ready to get my weight under control.Too much drinking and takeaway food last 3weeks. I have given up the smokes and drink and takeaway food.

So first day back at the gym today

This morning woke up and had pint glass of water took my vitamins and had a banana.

Went to the gym and did 55minutes on the treadmill training at interval training. 6.0 walking and 11 running. burnt a total of 700 calories.

Did 3Set of 15reps on the smith machine lifting 15kilos (bench press)

Had bowl of vegetable soup and banana for lunch and more water.

Dinner : spaghetti bolognese with loads of vegetables.

My goal is too lose about 2 kilos a week for 3 weeks.
    I shall be updating this everyday , if anyone thinks they can offer me some constructive advice it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just back from the gym about an hour ago. Decided to fill this out for myself earlier as might forget later on.

So breakfast : banana , vitamins , litre of water

Gym : 46mins interval training on the threadmill. edit burnt 570 calories

Looking back from yesterdays performance , im very disappointed in myself. I know what the problem is. Basically i was running on empty. I need to have a nutritious low fat breakfast in the morning to keep me going in I'm to succeed.

Way home from gym i bough some porridge and honey. This will be the breakfast in the morning with some fruit.

Lunch : left over small bowl of spag bol

Dinner : chicken salad with baked potato.

Snacks : fruit

I weight myself today i shouldn't of because i said i would weigh myself once a week.

I feel myself definitely getting fitter as a result of giving up smoking , its now been 5days since I last smoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Best of luck with it man. The only thing i'd say is you dont seem to be eating an awful lot ? Might be worth checking out your cals consumed Vs Daily requirements so you dont accidentally send yourself into starvation mode ?

c - 13 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it man. The only thing i'd say is you dont seem to be eating an awful lot ? Might be worth checking out your cals consumed Vs Daily requirements so you dont accidentally send yourself into starvation mode ?

Cheers buddy thanks ! Yeah I felt the lack of energy in the gym today and that's when i realised that I'm not eating enough. So for that reason I have introduced porridge into my diet. Hopefully I should notice the difference with tomorrows work out.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Was gonna say the breakfast seemed a bit on the light side. As the saying goes, Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, and Dinner like a Pauper.

Otherwise, good going, brilliant on the smoking too, as a fellow slogger, Ill be keen to see how your doing with all this.

Oryx wrote: »
    Was gonna say the breakfast seemed a bit on the light side. As the saying goes, Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, and Dinner like a Pauper.

Otherwise, good going, brilliant on the smoking too, as a fellow slogger, Ill be keen to see how your doing with all this.

Cheers thanks for the support.

So how today went :

Breakfast : porridge honey banana vitamins water

Gym : 60 mins interval training on the treadmill plus some stomach exercises
    Burnt a total of 820 calories.

Felt fantastic on the the treadmill after having something substantial for breakfast.

Lunch : small bowl of soup , Small chicken salad bowl.

Dinner : lamp chop with baked potato.

Lots of water in between as well.

Thumbs up for the porridge :D
    My breathing has really improved now that i have stopped smoking , also not craving now at all. I think this is due to the fact that I'm been kept busy.

• Advertisement

Got very lazy updating this so i shall just give myself a brief run down as too where i am , Since starting this i have had one night out on the drink (curse non-alcoholic night outs :) ) and i have given in and I'm back smoking intermittently.

On the plus side I'm still eating rather healthy and weight myself at the gym on Tuesday i was 90kg exactly so that's a lose of 3kilos that i have seen already. I'm pretty chuffed with that at the moment , by next week i want to have it down to around 89/88.5 kilos that would be a great result for me.

With exams and projects deadlines coming up getting to the gym is harder and i seem to be only making in 2/3 times a week now.

I'm disappointed with the smoking but happy with the weight lost for the moment , im still working on this with my goal to be set at 87 kilos before exams that would be a weight lost of 6 kg/ just under one stone :D

Still working out (semi ) and eating well (semi )

The reason for the semi-ness is that with exams exams and parties coming up its very hard to geta good routine going at the gym and my weight loss the past two weeks has still be gradual but I'm still losing weight which is great and i feel better for it

Im down to 88kilos now at the moment , happy with that. I shall update this proper next week as im off college for study week so plenty of time in the gym then :D

so total weight loss at the moment is 6kilos.

edit

I have achieved my weight loss goal with two weeks spare , these two weeks will be trying to get down to 84 kilos that would be tremendous weight loss for me at this time of the year especially.

Ok xmas is over and the drinking and eating as well. I have started back hard at the gym Monday and be doing about 40mins running every day.I shall weigh myself today at the gym see ho much i am . I'm dreading it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Congrats on getting to your target :) Are you going to add a weights routine in when you're happy with your weight or are you happy to just stick with cardio? Just wondering because you haven't really put any weights in your log.

I get what you mean about the whole routine thing, college and work tend to to get in the way alot. Don't worry if you've put on weight over Christmas, sure everyones the same and you'd have put on alot more if you hadn't lost what you have beforehand! Just get back at it now, thats what I told myself anyway:)

Advertisement