Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Mother.

Options
  • 28-10-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys,
    need help with something. Evil selfish mother wants to take my child and move abroad with him. For many reasons which i wont mention online its not in his best interest. I am his legal guardian and pay maintenance and access etc.

What can i do to stop this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest that you get yourself a solictor who deals in family law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

CK909 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    need help with something. Evil selfish mother wants to take my child and move abroad with him. For many reasons which i wont mention online its not in his best interest. I am his legal guardian and pay maintenance and access etc.

What can i do to stop this?

she shouldn't be able to do so without your permission. However, see a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CK909

she claims she'll go to court tomorrow. I presume its standard stuff and cause for another argument on another day but im the father i can pay up and shut up.

I'll ring my solicitor tomorrow. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'd advise the first thing to would be to call a group like treoir for advice. They could also organise a mediatio meeting between your childs mother and yourself. They could also suggest a suitable solicitor i believe. I would also suggest you don't call her evil and selfish as it doesn't paint you in the best light either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Are ye married by any chance? I have a daughter with my partner who is Canadian and my partner was checking up my rights as a father out of curiosity and surprisingly I have very little rights at all as we are not married.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CK909

LolaDub:been there done that and Killwill: Yup you've prob next to no rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Your the natural mother .Your mother might think she has more rights than she actually has regards your childs welfare .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

This move may work in your favour oddly. Check out the laws in the country your child's mother is moving to. For example, in some states in the US, the court will award custody to the parent who is most willing and able to facilitate the child's access to the other parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

latchyco wrote: »
    Your the natural mother .Your mother might think she has more rights than she actually has regards your childs welfare .

OP is the father, and he's talking about the mother of his child, his wife, not his mother, the child's grandmother :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

she can not leave the country to go and live in another country without your concent. Get a lawer and get a court order to stop her leaving. I know countless people who have done this... plus if you are her father and leagal guardian then she has no rights other then the ones you allow her. Any other rights she has to ask a court for. Get a passport for your son under your name... that way she would have to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

He cant get a passport that requires the consent of the mother nor can he do it in his name it has to be the name of birth cert.Are you paying maintenence or have you gone to court over visitation,do it soon as it will shed you in a better light with the judges.But ultimately whatever is done will be done for the childs benefit not the mother or fathers.

Advertisement