Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energy engineering in UL

Options
  • 28-10-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey all just wondering about this new energy course in UL.Doing the LC this year and this new course really caught my eye.however,i cannot find out the required points,useful subjects etc.Nothing really on qualifax.Any help?ps i do higher maths and chem but no physics.would that be a problem?cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'd say getting in contact with the course leader would be your best bet for answers to those questions:

Name: Dr David Corcoran
    Tel: 00 353 61 202509
    Email: David.Corcoran@ul.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 movingsheepdip

will do thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If it's a new course the points requirement is an unknown entity. The demand won't be known either, so really anywhere between 250 to 550 points (at a guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 movingsheepdip

well demand is expected to be high,i found out that much at least,and anything over 520 could be risky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

well demand is expected to be high,i found out that much at least,and anything over 520 could be risky for me.

Then Boards is the last place you need to be at 12:30 on a Wednesday morning;)

Edit:

Oops....realised it's mid-term....damn no holidays :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Hey, I'm doing Electronic Engineering and I think I heard that this is in our department, although it may be in the Engineering department I'm not sure. But given current trends in all of these faculties there is little or no demand for the courses, that means there probably won't be many places available so it may be quite competitive to get into.

You should be fine as regards requirements with higher level maths and a science course (ie Chemistry) Physics might be useful to you but I'm sure it won't be a requirement. Also remember UL give extra marks for higher level maths (at least they did when I started !!) so if you put a bit more effort into that you can get an extra 30 points ;)

Advertisement