Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for Bargain Alerts

Options
  • 28-10-2008 8:31pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So many of the thread on here are DVD related... I never buy DVD's. Why can't we keep them all to one thread?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Would make sense alright. Like in the gaming forum, i believe they have a thread for this kinda stuff about games only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Zascar wrote: »
    So many of the thread on here are DVD related... I never buy DVD's. Why can't we keep them all to one thread?
    I wish there was a feedback forum for Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Zascar wrote: »

good idea - lets call it "the cheap DVD thread" .......how did i come up with that one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I wish there was a feedback forum for Boards.

Would be handy alright kinda like somewhere to suggest a new forum type of thing. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Would a sub-forum not be better than a thread?
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Wrong place for a suggestion and also a bad suggestion imo.

If there was only a single thread for DVD bargains then it would become unwieldy as the thread grew longer. Lot's of people don't have the time to plough through pages of a thread on the offchance that there will be a DVD that they want.

Also there are so many different genres and types of DVD that it simply wouldn't work to have a single thread, you'd need a thread for Action DVDs, Horror DVDs, Music DVDs DVD Box Sets, Television DVDs etc.

It'd be like having a thread for electrical items - imagine how shítty it'd be to have the same thread for toasters as TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry, but I think it's a terrible idea!

Why not have an Electronics thread? Or a PC / Laptops thread? Because single threads (despite them having a purpose) can just go ignored, and this aggregation of products into a single thread for "neatness" or "convenience" typically just ends up having the opposite effect.

And when I saw the thread popping up on my User CP repeatedly, I'd just tire of going into it - similar to the 'freebie list' thread. Rarely go into that anymore (well, that and the fact that 8000 applications for freebies resulted in a single solitary moustache comb!)

To summarise..

... ah bollocks, was looking for the "Skinner & Baddiel Unplanned" intro with "It'll Never Work" being repeated. It's not on YouTube.. honestly, that suprises me! :eek:

PS - moving it to Feedback BTW. We'll see how the masses take to the idea there!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

- 1 !!

How difficult is it to allow your eyes to glide past a thread title that mentions a DVD?!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It would be a non runner imo. People like to see up to date bargains and the names or descriptions highlighted in the thread title.

Imagine having to trawl through a long thread (interrupted by discussions along the way) just to see who found what only to discover that by the time you decide to buy the offer/bargain is out of date so to speak.

Its easy at the moment to have a cursory glance over all the thread titles.

If it aint broke then don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I use the thread as a feed to google reader. I'd find a sub forum welcome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement