Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon and Play.com not shipping to Ireland anymore?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

In search I found a thread from '06 saying amazon.co.uk weren't delivering here anymore because of some recycling issue, but I guess that issue got resolved, as I ordered a game from them back in June of this year with no hassle. Now amazon.co.uk/amazon.com, and play.com are telling me they can't ship here.

Anyone know the reasoning behind this? They seem to deliver allover Europe, save for Ireland, and their email responses to my queries are unhelpful at best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

play.com dont deliver electrical goods to ireland,everything else they do,looks in here for more info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

only some places shops wont ship to the RoI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

rejkin wrote: »
    play.com dont deliver electrical goods to ireland,everything else they do,looks in here for more info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583
    Yup, I was ordering in sterling. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

In search I found a thread from '06 saying amazon.co.uk weren't delivering here anymore because of some recycling issue, but I guess that issue got resolved, as I ordered a game from them back in June of this year with no hassle. Now amazon.co.uk/amazon.com, and play.com are telling me they can't ship here.

Anyone know the reasoning behind this? They seem to deliver allover Europe, save for Ireland, and their email responses to my queries are unhelpful at best.

As far as I can tell, Amazon still aren't shipping games here. Just tried to order a 360 game and it wouldn't let me. Maybe you ordered your game from a third party seller on amazon?

This is because Amazon registered as an Irish company and have a shipping depot here now. They have to abide by the weee law. Because they don't have to do this in the UK they just stopped shipping electronic goods here because it would require a change to the website that added a percentage to the cost of all goods falling under this category and shipping to an irish address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

As far as I can tell, Amazon still aren't shipping games here. Just tried to order a 360 game and it wouldn't let me. Maybe you ordered your game from a third party seller on amazon?
    Possibly, the seller looks like Amazon, though. This is what it says under my past orders:

"1 of: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Play.com is definitly shipping to Ireland. IMO far superior to Amazon, prices are cheaper and you dont have to pay the rip off delivery fees in Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

The problem with play.com is that if you pay more than 26 quid for an item you could get hit with import tax. I've never been hit myself but quite a few people here have been.
    A couple of years ago the revenue office went to town on all play.com parcels arriving here because Play wouldn't include irish vat in their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Think your right there, i have noticed their base is in Jersey, a tax haven the revenue are no fans of!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use to order games and manga videos off amazon before,but lately they wont send games to me anymore,so I just use play,there much better and they give the item you in either sterling or euro sumthing amazon didnt do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is really annoying because I'm just after cashing in my Irish opinions vouchers to buy a game on Amazon.

Their help section is confusing to, They have the UK and Ireland mentioned in the same paragraph when it comes to restrictions on shipping games.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A couple of grand blown on Play over the years and not one import tax,

Maybe when they stopped us buying in Sterling and gave us the 'bastardised' Euro exchnage rate they were appeasing Irish customs to a degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Seems like an EU WEEE problem. Seem to recall that being the case when I e-mailed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PabloGraham

Amazon prices are cheaper and you dont have to pay the rip off delivery fees in Amazon. However I heard about some website
    which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

batmantv.JPG

Holy Birthday cakes Batman, this thread is old!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't dig up old threads, thanks.
    (Looks like a shill too, so link removed).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement