Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russell brand Show 18/10/2008

• 28-10-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Well we've probably all seen the (delayed) reaction to the above episode featuring Russell making a call to actor Andrew Sachs where he and co host Jonathan Ross spill the beans into Sachs answering machine about Russell's "relationship" with his grand-daughter.

I did feel they crossed the line in a big way I still laughed my ass off big time/

So my post is to gauge peoples reaction to this.
    Did anyone listen to the show?
    What do people think of the different co-hosts lately?
    And what has happened to Matt Morgan???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i believe matt is still in LA.

Thought the segment of the show wasnt that funny but also wasnt that bad.
    They shouldnt have done it but 10,000 complaints and the main headline on sky news:rolleyes:

if you have sex with russell brand expect to be mentioned by him at some point.Also if im not mistaken didnt david baddiel mention that the entire satanic sluts were around his house when he went there with his kids,so im not so surprised at this turn of events.

Its an adult show with adult humor and a warning before it.

The Beeb themselves should have censored those particular parts.At least it wasnt borderline racist like tommy tiernans most recent output.

I think the co hosts thing has been great so far,baddiel and simon amstell were both excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Red-B

I think it has been blown out of proportion. I love Jonathon Ross and fair enough, the two made a big cock up on radio that they should only be given a slap on the wrist for. But in fairness, people would want to get over it. It's just silly what a big deal is being made out of it. What about other comedians that take the p*ss out of celebrities. Do they get pulled for that??? I mean how many mean remarks are made every day about Britney Spears just because she's been through a tough time!! That's only one example. This kind of thing happens every day and I can guarantee if it was broadcast by a nobody dj, nothing would be made of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I think reaction was blown out of the water. None of the media are mentioning the fact that Andrew Sach's granddaughter is in a group called "The Satanic Sluts"... lol
    I listened to the show as I do every week and I thought they got a bit silly and they should apologise to Sachs about it but don't know why it's such a big deal.
    I'm a girl too and I think if his granddaughter is in a group like that - it must be a bit tongue in cheek...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its a slow week for news obviously, what better chance for the P.C brigade to get in a twist over something idiotic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

Very unfunny dumb and repetitive.The worst thing about it is that the equally awful Colm and JimJim on RTE will try the same kind of ****e and it will be even less funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

raven136 wrote: »
    i believe matt is still in LA.

Thought the segment of the show wasnt that funny but also wasnt that bad.
    They shouldnt have done it but 10,000 complaints and the main headline on sky news:rolleyes:

if you have sex with russell brand expect to be mentioned by him at some point.Also if im not mistaken didnt david baddiel mention that the entire satanic sluts were around his house when he went there with his kids,so im not so surprised at this turn of events.

Its an adult show with adult humor and a warning before it.

The Beeb themselves should have censored those particular parts.At least it wasnt borderline racist like tommy tiernans most recent output.

I think the co hosts thing has been great so far,baddiel and simon amstell were both excellent

But he didn't sleep with her did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

I was listening that particular evening and thought they took it too far. I'm a big Jonathan Ross fan and like Brand also, but this had an unpleasant tone to it...a kind of harrassing/bullying vibe.

The reaction, however, is equally over the top. The British prime minister making a statement on the matter!!

kraggy wrote: »
    But he didn't sleep with her did he?

pretty sure he did,mentioned a few weeks back.Its on the episode with David Baddiel co hosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Apparently Ross asked a BBC producer for David Sachs mobile number (who promptly obliged), Ross & Brand then recorded 'their thing' & handed it over to be edited, which it was! only to be passed/authorised & then played on Radio Two . . .

If anything, the producer should get the boot for allowing the recording to be transmitted, but I do agree that Brand & Wossy went too far this time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I thought the funniest thing about the whole episode was this quote from the Granuiad:

"She is disappointed with what Russell Brand said. She felt genuinely surprised and disappointed that Russell would say those things about her," Clifford added of Baillie, who has just returned from Vienna, where she was touring with burlesque group the Satanic Sluts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's the clip. I didn't find it particularly funny. Terribly repetitious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Why does anybody give any credence to those idiots.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I was listening to it on the podcast last week.
    I knew it hadn't been broadcast live and I remember thinking to myself that they must have got Sachs' permission to broadcast it.
    It was slightly over the top but probably got a bit out of control - nothing to justify the media reaction this week though (why did it take a week for this story to take off anyway?). I would bet that most of the complainants would not be regular Brand listeners and would probably be a bit more outraged than anyone that was used to his style.
    Andrew Sachs was surely aware that the only reason they were getting him on the show was because Brand and Baddiel had spoken about the granddaughter the week before.
    If he had actually answered and been on the show I don't think the content would have been too different but the reaction might have been.
    All a bit unfortunate really but no more than that IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I didn't listen to the show, as I don't like Russel Brand, but I've listened to all of the clips on Youtube. It's fairly unfunny stuff, but hardly anything over the top. The reaction to it is just ridiculous, as is the suspension of Brand and Ross from their shows. The fact that the British PM even got involved, just shows how farcical it is.

Georgina Baillie will get a lot of publicity out of this, and I predict big things for her in Nuts, Zoo and Loaded. If Andrew Sachs was embarrassed by what was said about her on the show, then he should definitely stay away from her Bebo, Myspace and Facebook pages. Wouldn't want to offend someone who made a name for himself out of berating an entire nation in his early acting days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This getting really crazy

surely the british pm and shadow leader have something more to worry about...like the economic crisis.

This is beyond odd now,an unfunny segment in an adult comedy show is now top news on sky news and the british pm is talking about it.

Means the best friday night chat show is off the air or does someone else host it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

showry wrote: »
    why did it take a week for this story to take off anyway?
    Apparently, the BBC received only a handful of complaints after the broadcast, but when the Mail on Sunday featured the story a week later, the complaints came flooding in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

raven136 wrote: »
    surely the british pm and shadow leader have something more to worry about...like the economic crisis.

I'm sure they can worry about more than one thing at the same time.
    This is beyond odd now,an unfunny segment in an adult comedy show is now top news on sky news and the british pm is talking about it.

It wasn't just unfunny, it was offensive and it's amazing that it got broadcast in the first place considering it was pre-recorded.
    Means the best friday night chat show is off the air or does someone else host it?

I hear Gerry Ryan is available on Friday nights ;)

... seriously, though... yes, it's off... and the BBC haven't decided what to put in its place yet:
    BBC One show Friday Night with Jonathan Ross was due to have been filmed at BBC Television Centre, west London, later on Wednesday.

Guests on the show were to have been Sir David Attenborough, comedian Frank Skinner, US teen singer Miley Cyrus and band The Killers. The BBC said people with tickets to be in the audience should not attend.

A decision has yet to be taken on what should be shown in its place on Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Can't stand Brand, so only heard this via Today FM yesterday; had mixed feelings listening because if something shouldn't have been aired the first time, then I wasn't sure whether Ray Foley should have replayed the clip.

It was idiotic, unfunny and in bad taste - about the standard of those "comedians" who think that throwing in some bad language or sex comment makes a bad joke funnier.

It's tough to determine who's at fault, though; since it was a pre-rec, it could (and should) have been edited out (lots of gaffes and vaguely funny-at-the-time-but-edit-out-later occur in a radio station).

But given that it was already on Sach's answering machine then he would have known that he was insulted/harrassed by lewd comments from the two, who were acting like 6-year-olds......

I mean, aside from whether it's insulting or should have been aired since when is "I'm f**king your grand-daughter" even remotely funny ??? If that's the best those two can come up with then they shouldn't be on the air anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Pris

Complaints have now hit 18,000. Wow. Really feels like this is a witch hunt against two known jokers when the blame should lie with whoever approved it for airing.
    The fact that the complaints rose so steeply because of the Daily Mail's sensationalist reporting is sickening.
    I liked Brand's acknowledgement of it in his "apology".

"I would like to remind the Daily Mail [sic] that while it is a bit bad to leave a swearword on Andrew Sachs' answerphone, what's worse - leaving a swearword on Andrew Sachs' answerphone or tacitly supporting Adolf Hitler when he took charge of the Third Reich?"

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    It was idiotic, unfunny and in bad taste - about the standard of those "comedians" who think that throwing in some bad language or sex comment makes a bad joke funnier.

Anyone who listens to Brand regularly though expects idiotic and bad taste (personally I think he's funny), this was slightly more idiotic and less tasteful than what happens most weeks.
    I mean, aside from whether it's insulting or should have been aired since when is "I'm f**king your grand-daughter" even remotely funny ??? If that's the best those two can come up with then they shouldn't be on the air anyway.....

On its own it's not funny but the setup was along the lines of "Don't tell him I've been f**king his grand-daughter", something similiar to "Don't mention the war" really.

My point is I don't think the audience it was intended for would have been too upset/offended by it but it should have been cleared with Andrew Sachs before airing it. I still think the reaction is way out of proportion.

On its own it's not funny but the setup was along the lines of "Don't tell him I've been f**king his grand-daughter", something similiar to "Don't mention the war" really.

I think it's a LOT more personal; yes, it's the old pathetic retort like "I slept with yore ma", but it's completely out of context and unrelated to him not answering the phone for a pre-arranged interview. What does his grand-daughter have to do with ANYTHING ?

And also, tell me exactly where is the supposed "comedy" ? Using the word "f**king" instead of saying "sleeping with" ? "f**king" hilarious, that!

Sorry, but it is pathetic.

The joke as in much as it was a joke was set up weeks earlier by brand and baddiel.

It shouldnt have been said and it shouldnt have been broadcast and it was both hurtful and offensive to Andrew Sachs but does it justify the reaction.

A few complaints were made after the original show aired and only now has been it blown out of proportion by the media(one paper in particular).

I get the impression from a lot of it that its a little revenge on brand and ross who are both in love with themselves and their smugness rubs people the wrong way.

Mind you,in regards to the granddaughter,if you sleep with russell brand is it not expected that you might be mentioned by him at some point.He has done it with pretty much all his so called conquests.he is famous for fuc##ng for christ sake.
    Anyone who listens to his show will know he whores himself to everyone,from dita von tesse to sarah silverman.

this debate has turned into a whether he is funny or not,but is it not someone else's job to check this before it goes out on air(i dont know how radio works but im guessing that there must be some content control)

I think it's a LOT more personal; yes, it's the old pathetic retort like "I slept with yore ma", but it's completely out of context and unrelated to him not answering the phone for a pre-arranged interview. What does his grand-daughter have to do with ANYTHING ?

And also, tell me exactly where is the supposed "comedy" ? Using the word "f**king" instead of saying "sleeping with" ? "f**king" hilarious, that!

Sorry, but it is pathetic.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the comedic effects of the F word but that's neither here nor there as far as this issue goes.

As regards context, Andrew Sachs' grand-daughter was mentioned on the previous week's show when Baddiel mentioned he'd met her at Brand's house and she apparently told him not to tell her grandfather. So it was hardly a coincidence when Sachs was booked to appear on the show the week after and I think he should/would have been made aware as to what some of the content might have been.

The Guardian is reporting that Sachs consented to the use of the messages, albeit toned down, prior to broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Well something good has come out of this. It seems that Brand has resigned from his radio show. There is a God after all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I disagree fuzzy clam from the perspective that though Brand is an arse of a man the show itself was quite good.

The music was mostly pretty good when I heard it online (music is cut from the podcast) And the likes of Matt Morgan & Noel Gallagher made it very very funny at times .

Interesting to see if the BBC will keep the show going with a different host?

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the comedic effects of the F word but that's neither here nor there as far as this issue goes.

Obviously, considering I don't see anything that would even remotely raise a smile, let alone actually be funny. Sure throw in an F word and some canned laughter and maybe we'll all suddenly realise how hilarious it is! :rolleyes:

I've no objection to someone who's actually funny - e.g. Billy Connolly, Daragh O'Brian or Neil Delamere - throwing in an odd F word into a gag; sometimes it CAN make it funnier. But the gag needs to be funny first!

Mind you, I s'pose the thoughts of Brand actually scoring with a woman is funny in itself, because (re the comments of Brand "whoring himself around") I've got to say that the first moment I saw and heard him (between then and when I managed to reach the remote) I reckoned he's really glad that he's a "celeb" :rolleyes:

Because that's probably what makes girls go for him - can't imagine ANYONE finding him remotely appealing otherwise.....he's far too ponsey and metrosexual and self-absorbed - makes me cringe......

But aside from all that, I'll stand by my observation based on what I heard on Ray Foley's "relay" of the clip - it was crap, car-crash radio - you wouldn't have heard such ****e on the worst of the worst pirate station; not even remotely funny or interesting, and should never have aired.

Obviously, considering I don't see anything that would even remotely raise a smile, let alone actually be funny. Sure throw in an F word and some canned laughter and maybe we'll all suddenly realise how hilarious it is! :rolleyes:

I've no objection to someone who's actually funny - e.g. Billy Connolly, Daragh O'Brian or Neil Delamere - throwing in an odd F word into a gag; sometimes it CAN make it funnier. But the gag needs to be funny first!

Mind you, I s'pose the thoughts of Brand actually scoring with a woman is funny in itself, because (re the comments of Brand "whoring himself around") I've got to say that the first moment I saw and heard him (between then and when I managed to reach the remote) I reckoned he's really glad that he's a "celeb" :rolleyes:

Because that's probably what makes girls go for him - can't imagine ANYONE finding him remotely appealing otherwise.....he's far too ponsey and metrosexual and self-absorbed - makes me cringe......

But aside from all that, I'll stand by my observation based on what I heard on Ray Foley's "relay" of the clip - it was crap, car-crash radio - you wouldn't have heard such ****e on the worst of the worst pirate station; not even remotely funny or interesting, and should never have aired.

i didnt agree with you but i was happy enough to let you along with your opinion till you said Neil Delamere was funny:D

• Advertisement

I disagree fuzzy clam from the perspective that though Brand is an arse of a man the show itself was quite good.

That fair enough. I was refering to Brand rather than the show which I admit I've never heard.
    I took a dislike to him since the first time I was unfortunate to see him on TV.

While I don't feel this incident warrants dismissal or even resignation, I won't be sorry to see Brand gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

This reminds me of what happened to Kenny Everett.

On other boards I have seen comments that are from people (who of course are always right re: everything under the sun!) - Obviously. I think that it's not over yet. Two reviews still to come, one by OFCOM, the other internally within the BBC.

Russell Brand could end up doing lunchtimes on Radio One as a result of all this and Ross get a payrise and a knighthood. It's the way of the world these days. They got the headlines people, and whilst 18,000 plus complained there is a lot of people sitting 'dahhn va pubb' tonight going.. ' so, who is this Brand? and what..? Ok ? Manuel, yes right... oh, ok? ahh Johnathan Ross he is very funny' for all we know. Public awareness rises. All publicity is good publicity, no one died and there are positives to be taken from every situation.

Personally I felt Brand's show would be more suited to Lunchtimes at BBC Radio One! Or maybe after the Angelus at 6.30pm on RTE Radio One? ... just how whispering Bob Harris composed himself to follow THAT on R2 I often wondered? (How DID he?! ) We have not heard the last of Russell Brand. He went too far yes, he is human, we all make mistakes from time to time and I think his apology was both genuine and sincere. He is original and not untalented in my opinion and I like Andrew Sachs feel that and hope that he moves on from this! His agent will help him 'move on' I am sure!

It's not the beginning, it's not the end, it's just the opening of a can of worms on certain individuals who need to ask themselves.. 'is this funny anymore'. It would be the best thing if that happened in Irish radio also.

I had to laugh at Patrick Kielty's statements on presenting the PPI radio awards this year. That is all I can say. It is nice to have the 'view from abroad' and not be emotionally attached to these scenarios. It improves clarity I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

What a amazing situation with the world economy gone down the the tubes the British media have managed to get Russell to quit the BBC, now he won't be short of a few pounds but the Radio show was a weekly highlight and often very very funny. While the broadcast was in poor taste an apology should have been enough.

Last week over one week after the show was broadcast !!!! the BBC had a total of two complaints. After some bizarre reporting at the weekend and after an on air apology by Russell Brand on the show on Saturday by today they had got 18,000 complaints from people who probably never heard the show. The whole mess is quite bizarre. Whether you like the people involved is irrelevant to have this as a lead item on British and Irish news channels is quite amazing as there was only one person wronged Mr Sachs and yet 18,000 people complained !!

If Andrew Sachs has taken the pre arranged call, nothing would have happend.

His Granddaughter is in group called the Satanic Sluts and she has not denied the fact that they slept together.

Yes it should never have been broadcast (Hindsight is great) but it was a fairly normal show and far worse has been broadcast and spoken by comedians on shows like Mock the Week, Buzzcocks, Have I Got News etc.

If you are not a fan of his try listening to some of his shows, they are available to download, they are normally very entertaining.

Nobody has been hurt or killed or had there life destroyed, and it was very funny. Come on people where is the sense of humour gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/10/29/1224956086783.html

This article puts it into further perspective.

Beware of 'have a go' heroes of Irish radio who will now try copycat cock ups based on all this.

As the above poster says and I reiterate , no one died.

- it was also the look on Andrew Sach's face on the telly giving his comments on it.

Bizarre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

just listened to the show on you tube im a massive brand fan have been downloading his pod casts for over a year and can not believe he has resigned!! ok they went over board they apoligised that should be the end of it but no as usual its blown out of all proportion!!
    Sure we all know the bbc ratings are now goin togo through the roof with all the publicity! and to be honest ross started it all and brand has ended up losing his job its just crazy!!
    I was cringing listening to it and you could feel they were also uncomfortable they knew they had gone to far!! hopefully brand will be back on the radio again soon!!!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hopefully that's the end of that talentless whanker.

• Advertisement

dont think so some how,just means more time for his movies.

Brands initial "apology" was in the form of a song which probably made his situation worse. It certainly did not seem to be genuine.

Much of the backlash has little to do with the Ross/Brand issue anyway. I think there is a resentment, possibly justified, from A sizeable minority about the amount that the BBC pay stars such as Ross and this is simply an opportunity for them to vent their feelings.

Elainee, if they knew they had gone too far, they could easily have stopped it going out. It was prerecorded.

Anyway, Brand is unfunny and wont be a loss. Hopefully he will learn something from this.

Fair enough, I'll stand by my opinion based on listening to the show regularly. Each to his own. I'd rather be listening to Russell Brand than Ray Foley.

Hey, to be a wanker of Brands' proportions must require some talent.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

While everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats what makes the world interesting, i just wish the BBC had the balls to tell the British tabloids to get lost and that neither Brand or Ross were going to be suspended and that was the end of it.

Life would have gone on as normal for everyone aside from Mr Sachs Granddaughter who is now more famous that she ever could have been, as a punishment they could have renacted some Fawlty Towers scenes for Children In Need and put an end to all this mess, with obviously Manuel getting the upper hand on the two broadcasters.

If you really want to hear Russell Brand download his show from 06/10/08 which features an interview with Liam Fairhurst (A young Cancer Survivior http://www.liamfairhurst.com/) and you will hear a broadcaster being kind but also funny and showing that he can do it.

• Advertisement

If you really want to hear Russell Brand download his show from 06/10/08 which features an interview with Liam Fairhurst (A young Cancer Survivior http://www.liamfairhurst.com/) and you will hear a broadcaster being kind but also funny and showing that he can do it.

Its the exception thats proves the rule.

While everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats what makes the world interesting, i just wish the BBC had the balls to tell the British tabloids to get lost and that neither Brand or Ross were going to be suspended and that was the end of it.

Do you seriously think that would have been the end of it???:confused:

Anyway, Its not the first time Brand has been in suspenders and I sure it won't be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

My Money is on Brand to sign up with Richard Branson's Absoulte or Gcap. They are mad letting him resign over this. Next Chris Moyles will be told to tone down and all the hard work that has gone into the BBC to moderise it and make it more attractable to the young will go out the window. Let be honest she hardly sat with her grandad and sucked on Worther's Orginal with him. ;)

bbability wrote: »
    Let be honest she hardly sat with her grandad and sucked on Worther's Orginal with him. ;)

Maybe not Worthers but Im sure she sucked on Brands.:p

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Maybe not Worthers but Im sure she sucked on Brands.:p

:) You NEARLY pulled that one off, Fuzzy Clam.....ALMOST a classic!!!!!

Just add the word "another" and it would have been right up there!!!!
    Maybe not Worthers but Im sure she sucked on some Brand or other...
    ;):D

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that would have been the end of it???:confused:

Anyway, Its not the first time Brand has been in suspenders and I sure it won't be the last.

No. But it would have been nice for the BBC to stand up and support their staff instead of lying down and taking a kicking from some truly dreadful media the UK The Sun and Daily Mail are just poison.

This whole event is just out of control, what will happen when Clarkson insults some Tree Hugger or gives out some bad advice in the next series of Top Gear , the world is gone mad, the global economy is screwed and the most worrying thing in the UK news is that Russell made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

And was very impressed by his polite and measured reaction to the situation. If Brand and Ross ever get the wisdom of hindsight they might just cringe to see what twats they have made of themselves.

I'm with liam on this one - The Brand/Ross 'joke/wind-up' was pathetic.

Now sending up a whole nation (the spanish) for a whole TV series.. thats humour. They got away with it because (apparently) Manuel was Portugese in the spanish version of the show.. The best joke of course is that 'Andrew' was born in Berlin. The boys could learn a lot from this man.

I'm more into humorists like Bill Hicks and George Carlin myself and I like Jimmy Carr. Jimmy is one of those joke blowers that Bill just hated..

:) You NEARLY pulled that one off, Fuzzy Clam.....ALMOST a classic!!!!!

Just add the word "another" and it would have been right up there!!!!

;):D

Indeed, got to hand that one to you Liam.;) Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

But the whole point of the gag was that granddaddy wasn't there. That's why the lads left the stoopid phone messages. The mystery is why did they think it was funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Or indeed, why it was was allowed to go out on the Airwaves (seeing as it was pre-recorded) ...............

• Advertisement
Advertisement