Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Acceleration problem

Options
  • 28-10-2008 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys i was wondering could someone help me out.

My dad drives a 01 terrano and is having a problem with accelerating. The problem is that it actually doesnt accelerate anymore. Cant seem to go over 20mph. We have tried bleeding and it might be ok for half an hour but then revs cut out again. There have been a few hairy moments when he has lost revs when crossing roads and stuff!!

were kinda stumped so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be one of many things to be honest. I would have a mechanic examin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Its always worth plugging out the airflow meter and checking if it runs ok when there is problems accelerating/reving etc. Should be a case of just unplugging out a clip and starting up the engine. Wont do any harm and may help you out. Not sure of the particulars of your engine so apologies if its no help to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭berettadt10

Hi
    Had the exact same issue. The air flow meter needed to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭NDM

Guys i thoroughly appreciate all suggestions and am now gonna go out in the snow and see what the craic with air flow meter is!!

Mnay thanks :cool:

Advertisement