Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have buses stopped coming through UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't blame dublin bus for taking these actions at all and I live on campus so it effects me more than a lot of people.The drivers are not paid enough to be a babysitter,security guard and a driver.
    It's just a shame the the small minority always ruins it for everybody else .

I think if anyone living on campus does this they should be evicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

There is a very simple solution to the problem of rowdiness and drunkness and public disorder on buses and other forms of public transport.

Years ago they had these magical men who worked on buses and let the driver do his job, which is to drive, and didnt have to deal with passengers. These aformentioned magical men were called Bus Conductors.

Personally i think conductors is a great word for what they did.

If you needed to go somewhere you werent familiar with you got on, and asked the conductor, he gave u a ticket and told you when to get off. He made sure that the elderly, infirm and pregnant got seats and threw people off for not having a ticket.

Due to cutbacks over the years and consecutive shortsighted governments the conductor was done away with. In plenty of other countries there are still conductors. Bring these back and people can enjoy public transport properly, and drivers can go back to doing their job.

Nuff said.

Ps, this happens every year, and sure it is a few bad eggs but the service eventually returns and some fines are handed out. Personally, its bad business practice, dublin bus makes money from a route like the 10, its guarenteed business, all they have to do is employ some security dudes and problem sorted.

Vive la conductor!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Perhaps they want to make a point?

And conductors would be great up until you wondered who'd pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

And conductors would be great up until you wondered who'd pay for them.
    Maybe they'll be paid for out of our returned college fees :rolleyes:

Advertisement