Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options
  • 28-10-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Got a letter ( well my wife did) demanding payment of €3 toll...and a €40 additional charge. My wife went nuts as the car is only registered to her...its my car really...but thing was i was almost positive I paied the toll. Anyway...i found my receipt which did confirm i paid...so i rang them and asked wht the story with the letter was. The guy said..yeah..we know you paid...but the system is just sending these letters out!:eek:

(me)...EHHHH....so you guys have a revenue collecting system in operation that you know isint working correctly??

( E-Flow operator)Yeah!

Now....I dont know about the rest of the nation...but this just seems wrong!
    Look...the toll has to be paid...no problems there...but what happens to all the monies paid on false charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Clytus wrote: »
    the monies paid on false charges?

No doubt Harney will tell us all to "shop around" ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Even Worse !!!

It automatically sends the unpaid debt to a debt collector after 4 weeks and they then threaten your credit rating and come around at night to kidnap your puppies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Anyone tried to pay a toll yet? Technical difficulties on the website for around a week now and any time I ring the customer service number the line goes dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I paid 2 tolls online, but neither have been charged to my card after two months. Haven't got any bills either.

The system is broken, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Lemming wrote: »
    No doubt Harney will tell us all to "shop around" ...

Or buy a canoe to paddle across the Liffey thus avoiding the toll.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Got the same letter after paying the toll, and rang up to sort it out. Was on hold for 25 minutes, and when I asked how much the call had cost, the operator kind of laughed nervously and said she didnt know. Probably ended up costing more than if I had of just re-paid the toll. Bastards.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I paid online a week ago, payment failed. Rang the helpline, got through straight away. Poor put upon girl on the phone sounded out of her depth and fed up, but put the bill in dispute till I checked my cc. Rang later and paid, no problems.

This week I have a letter for an unpaid toll, which is paid. It says on the letter that there is a period of grace because of the problems and no additonal penalties are being charged until after 31 Oct. Ill just have to phone em at some stage and sort it, but I did expect this to happen. One of my journeys actually did work... I didnt get a bill for it. So whoop di do.. They can do it right now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

I paid online the day after a journey, and it appeared on my online Credit Card Bill. Then I got a refund of the €3 on my Credit Card, and then a letter in the post saying I hadn't paid.

I rang them, and before I even got a chance to explain about the refund, the girl on the phone said 'Ah, that's our fault!' and said she'd put the bill into Dispute. I asked her what would happen next and she said someone would be in touch, but if they weren't don't worry about it.

Seems like a shambles to me. Should I ring them again or just assume it's all sorted? After all, I didn't actually pay, though I've no idea why they accepted my payment and then refunded it again...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

My boyfriend got a notification of a €3 fine, although he is not registered with eflow, was not driving in Dublin on that day, does not own a car with that reg number, nor has he ever owned a car with that reg number? What the hell??

Malari wrote: »
    What the hell??
    Should be the motto for the whole fiasco.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Should be the motto for the whole fiasco.

That's exactly what it is but it's costing people money just to ring up or send letters and get their fines sorted, which is totally unfair if they have already paid them (or never warranted them in the first place). If it happened to me I'd be very concerned about debt collectors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Got a letter ( well my wife did) demanding payment of €3 toll...and a €40 additional charge. My wife went nuts as the car is only registered to her...its my car really...but thing was i was almost positive I paied the toll. Anyway...i found my receipt which did confirm i paid...so i rang them and asked wht the story with the letter was. The guy said..yeah..we know you paid...but the system is just sending these letters out!:eek:

(me)...EHHHH....so you guys have a revenue collecting system in operation that you know isint working correctly??

( E-Flow operator)Yeah!

Now....I dont know about the rest of the nation...but this just seems wrong!
    Look...the toll has to be paid...no problems there...but what happens to all the monies paid on false charges?

exact same thing happened me. I also am wondering what happens to all the monies paid on false charges. I think they are trying a scam to defraud people of money - I am not joking here.

Ive paid tolls previously online with cc but the past week it hasnt been working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You are mad to be ringing up wasting your time and money. Just ignore all the letters and let them sort their own mess out.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

jasonb wrote: »
    I paid online the day after a journey, and it appeared on my online Credit Card Bill. Then I got a refund of the €3 on my Credit Card, and then a letter in the post saying I hadn't paid.

I rang them, and before I even got a chance to explain about the refund, the girl on the phone said 'Ah, that's our fault!' and said she'd put the bill into Dispute. I asked her what would happen next and she said someone would be in touch, but if they weren't don't worry about it.

Seems like a shambles to me. Should I ring them again or just assume it's all sorted? After all, I didn't actually pay, though I've no idea why they accepted my payment and then refunded it again...

J.

Thats exactly what happened to me, but when I rang up and he mentioned about a dispute, I told him there was no dispute, take my credit card details, charge me the 3 euro 'again' , give me the reference number and you name and don't be pestering me again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You are mad to be ringing up wasting your time and money. Just ignore all the letters and let them sort their own mess out.
    if you have paid then simply keep all your receipts and let them send bills and debt collectors and just ignore them until they take you to court and you can then produce the receipt, this will cost you nothing but will cost them a fortune in revenue and embarrassment and also taint any further cases brought in the courts against drivers!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    if you have paid then simply keep all your receipts and let them send bills and debt collectors and just ignore them until they take you to court and you can then produce the receipt, this will cost you nothing but will cost them a fortune in revenue and embarrassment and also taint any further cases brought in the courts against drivers!

And if you do this, can they actually take you to court? I wouldn't want that happening. I mean would you come up against problems because you hadn't produced the evidence up to that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We signed up for the no tag , pre pay account (€2.50 a go) with eflow at the start. We have 4 cars on the account and all cars have been through at various times, the missus car in particular is through it semi regularly. We've had no issues and it's worked properly every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

And if you do this, can they actually take you to court? I wouldn't want that happening. I mean would you come up against problems because you hadn't produced the evidence up to that point?
    surely it is up to them to prove you did not pay? and once you prove that you have paid they will be shown up as incompetant and the system shown to be seriously flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

it would take a long time of pestering you before they would bring you to court. BUT i am telling you they are going to get some earful off me tomor morning. I just want on to pay a toll that my boyfr went through today and there on screen when i put our number plate reg in was three other penalties, one for €3 and the other two for €43 each!!!!!!!!!! So i wrote a not so nice email ... i am waiting for them to get back to me now, what a bloody scam!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

I went through the toll bridge a total of 3 times in that week....and paid the tolls correctly....and for those 3 tolls I now have 15 sheets of A4 sitting in my bin (green of course)

Now in times of being green..saving money...being pragmatic about things...surely you can have a system that does not invlove the sending out of kilos of paper for a phantom toll bill.My green bin has been filled with Eflow letterheads for bills I paid....

I just get the feeling this is turning into bit of a dogs dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

went through twice two weekends ago, paid in a newsagent the Sunday evening where as we were paying in cash we were kindly advised by the shop manager to hold on to our receipts for an indefinite period as he's had loads of people in complaining that they're receiving fines after paying.

Sure enough TWO fines this evening for each paid journey. Called to ask whats going on and were told quite snottily "Fine it will go down as disputed". Replied there is no dispute, we have the receipts in our hands, onus is on them to sort their obviously faulty system out and stop harassing people with threatening letters.

Once every driver car owner whatever in Ireland has a dodgy credit rating from this scheme ( whether they or their car or their registered car ever went through the Westlink or not ) then we shall most certainly have a credit crunch on our hands with all the wrecked credit ratings :(

Give these eFlow clowns 6 months to destroy the entire free state credit system :cool:

foggy_lad wrote: »
    surely it is up to them to prove you did not pay? and once you prove that you have paid they will be shown up as incompetant and the system shown to be seriously flawed

Absolutely...IF you actually owed them anything in the first place. So what we would have to prove is that we never owned a car they are claiming went through the toll. I assume we would have to get that historical infomration from the tax office. I mean where the hell did the get the name and address from if we never registered on their site? :confused:

Absolutely...IF you actually owed them anything in the first place. So what we would have to prove is that we never owned a car they are claiming went through the toll. I assume we would have to get that historical infomration from the tax office. I mean where the hell did the get the name and address from if we never registered on their site? :confused:
    They obviously have access to the vro ownership records. Ive been sent bills for my car, my hubby has had them for his. We never signed up for any tag, but the address details are precisely as per the tax books for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I had mega issues with eFlow they owed me 30 euro and kept sending me letters. I lost the plot on Monday and used their website to send a really snotty email.

I got a call yesterday aplogising profusely for the mess ups and telling me I owe nothing.

I was asked to send an email of my credit card statement but when i checked it online I had been credited back what they owed me.

So, yes, infrastructure is crap, website is crap, call centre is over worked and understaffed and still crap, yet, in the midst of this, there are some good people and they are trying it seems... time will tell if I get any more letters tho..

At least the email form was read so perhaps its the route to take...

FBP.

Oryx wrote: »
    They obviously have access to the vro ownership records. Ive been sent bills for my car, my hubby has had them for his. We never signed up for any tag, but the address details are precisely as per the tax books for the car.

Yeah, exactly. There is a page on their website where you can cancel your fine if you have not registered on the site. I just did this and they say we should get a postal notification of the cancellation. I am holding my breath...

I went through the toll bridge a total of 3 times in that week....and paid the tolls correctly....and for those 3 tolls I now have 15 sheets of A4 sitting in my bin (green of course)

Now in times of being green..saving money...being pragmatic about things...surely you can have a system that does not invlove the sending out of kilos of paper for a phantom toll bill.My green bin has been filled with Eflow letterheads for bills I paid....

I just get the feeling this is turning into bit of a dogs dinner.

They email me a pdf of my account/statement instead of posting a paper version.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Got home tonight and theres 6 more pages from e-flow....WTF is going on with these guys!!!!!!

• Advertisement

They will be bankrupt by christmas at this rate of going .

Their call centre is close to collapse , it only need a nudge to tip it over the edge !

Advertisement