Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

She Devil wrote: »
    it would take a long time of pestering you before they would bring you to court. BUT i am telling you they are going to get some earful off me tomor morning. I just want on to pay a toll that my boyfr went through today and there on screen when i put our number plate reg in was three other penalties, one for €3 and the other two for €43 each!!!!!!!!!! So i wrote a not so nice email ... i am waiting for them to get back to me now, what a bloody scam!!!

Their email system is a joke, I emailed them at the end of Sept and still have not had a reply.

They charged my toll fee to my CC 3 times. I ended up having to make yet more phone calls and paying through the nose for the priviledge :mad: In the end they told me it would take up to 30 days to get my refund, probably by cheque. That only just leaves me enough time to begin the chargeback process with my CC company (I genuinely do not expect them to get the refund sorted at all) so I can't give them any leeway.

I did manage to pay another set of toll fees yesterday and it seemed to be working, I took a screen shot of the confirmation page. I am keeping everything, have set up a folder especially, to protect myself from their incompetence :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    have set up a folder especially, to protect myself from their incompetence :(

you should charge them for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'm a month trying to make a payment now and still getting an error on the website. Also a month without reply since emailing them to report the problem and try to clear my account

What a joke of a business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I decided to cancel my account with them after I tried to use my tag on the M4 toll and it would not work. On calling their "customer service" team I was told that although they do advertise that the tag works on all tolls - it apparently does not

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I used my tag on the M1, M4 and M7 without any issue.

Of course, upon checking, it doesn't always charge you for those trips. :D

• Advertisement

At the end of September I was charged for the same transaction 3 times. When I finally got someone to help me resolve it they told me it would take up to 30 days.

Guess what?? The 30 days have come and gone and no refund. I am sorting it through my cc company now.

Watch this lot, they are a shower of complete muppets :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Elvis 08

I AM SICK OF GETTING LETTERS FROM EFLOW , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE M50 ON THE DATE IN QUESTION I HAVE PHONED THEM TEN TIMES, AND ALL I GET IS GIVE US YOUR NUMBER AND WE WILL CALL YOU BACK IN A DAY OR TWO, WHAT A ****ING JOKE. THERE IS NO WAY I AM PAYING FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT USE, I CAN PROVE WHERE I WAS ON THE DAY IN QUESTION SO IF THEY WANT TO TAKE ME TO COURT GOODLUCK TO THEM, THEY WILL END UP LOOKING LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS. I HATE EFLOW AND I AM SICK OF THE LETTERS THEY KEEP SENDING ME, THE STAFF OBVIOUSLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH OR THEY NEED TO ATTEND SOME ENGLISH CLASSES. ON ONE OCCASION I PHONED AND THEY ASKED ME WHAT MAKE AND MODEL MY CAR WAS!!!! THEY COULD NOT RUN A TAP NEVER MIND A 'TOLL FREE BARRIER OPERATING SYSTEM'. SEE YOU IN COURT EFLOW, YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I'm a month trying to make a payment now and still getting an error on the website. Also a month without reply since emailing them to report the problem and try to clear my account

What a joke of a business

I found that when trying to pay by laser but then I changed to my visa card and that seems to work.

Elvis 08 wrote: »
    I AM SICK OF GETTING LETTERS FROM EFLOW , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE M50 ON THE DATE IN QUESTION I HAVE PHONED THEM TEN TIMES, AND ALL I GET IS GIVE US YOUR NUMBER AND WE WILL CALL YOU BACK IN A DAY OR TWO, WHAT A ****ING JOKE. THERE IS NO WAY I AM PAYING FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT USE, I CAN PROVE WHERE I WAS ON THE DAY IN QUESTION SO IF THEY WANT TO TAKE ME TO COURT GOODLUCK TO THEM, THEY WILL END UP LOOKING LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS. I HATE EFLOW AND I AM SICK OF THE LETTERS THEY KEEP SENDING ME, THE STAFF OBVIOUSLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH OR THEY NEED TO ATTEND SOME ENGLISH CLASSES. ON ONE OCCASION I PHONED AND THEY ASKED ME WHAT MAKE AND MODEL MY CAR WAS!!!! THEY COULD NOT RUN A TAP NEVER MIND A 'TOLL FREE BARRIER OPERATING SYSTEM'. SEE YOU IN COURT EFLOW, YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Eek, turn of the caps lock :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 freddy15

Here is my experience:

Went throught Southbound toll 8.15am.
    Paid in filling station Lucan 7.30pm.
    Realised wrong reg. no entered on receipt. Ask for refund, cashier says they cant issue one, but to call eflow.

Have to call eflow - thats ok they say, it will be sorted, account amended to say i have paid on my reg no, not the one entered in error. they take note of receipt no.

2 days later, receive eflow in post, I ring them, explain what had happened, that i had been speaking with a guy. Ok they say, it must have crossed somewhere, ignore letter. I do.

2 weeks later, I receive eflow in post, the one with the pic of me in my car. 40 euro they want. I ring up, explain situation as outlined. No problem they say, that should be ok. I say i have made a number of calls, i would appreciate no more mail in interest of environment. I accept their apology.

Now today, i get a letter that states REJECTED: PAYMENT CANNOT BE TRACED FOR DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS. MUST PROVIDE MORE DETAILS FOR DISPUTE. WE KINDLY REQUEST IMMEDIATE PAYMENT ETC ETC

I call eflow,try to explain to girl situation, she says it has to be referred back to disputes resolution authority or something, I ask her to check to see has she any records of calls made by me, she keeps saying it hase to be referred etc etc, so i get nowhere. They'll contact me she says.

What can I expect now? I could pay it again to avoid the hassle, but hell, 3 euro is 3 euro at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, whilst i have kept all eflow letters sent to me, i have mislaid the receipt, so I have no physical proof or receipt no. anymore.

What happens next? Any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

freddy15 wrote: »
    Here is my experience:

Went throught Southbound toll 8.15am.
    Paid in filling station Lucan 7.30pm.
    Realised wrong reg. no entered on receipt. Ask for refund, cashier says they cant issue one, but to call eflow.

Have to call eflow - thats ok they say, it will be sorted, account amended to say i have paid on my reg no, not the one entered in error. they take note of receipt no.

2 days later, receive eflow in post, I ring them, explain what had happened, that i had been speaking with a guy. Ok they say, it must have crossed somewhere, ignore letter. I do.

2 weeks later, I receive eflow in post, the one with the pic of me in my car. 40 euro they want. I ring up, explain situation as outlined. No problem they say, that should be ok. I say i have made a number of calls, i would appreciate no more mail in interest of environment. I accept their apology.

Now today, i get a letter that states REJECTED: PAYMENT CANNOT BE TRACED FOR DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS. MUST PROVIDE MORE DETAILS FOR DISPUTE. WE KINDLY REQUEST IMMEDIATE PAYMENT ETC ETC

I call eflow,try to explain to girl situation, she says it has to be referred back to disputes resolution authority or something, I ask her to check to see has she any records of calls made by me, she keeps saying it hase to be referred etc etc, so i get nowhere. They'll contact me she says.

What can I expect now? I could pay it again to avoid the hassle, but hell, 3 euro is 3 euro at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, whilst i have kept all eflow letters sent to me, i have mislaid the receipt, so I have no physical proof or receipt no. anymore.

I would like to think that the incompetance or teething problems is common knowledge. So any Judge to throw out such cases until such a time arises when their system is shown to be relatively trouble free. For your own piece of mind, take note of times and dates of every correspondance along with names of people who you talk to. Stick it all in an email, or a letter so you at least hold all the aces if it does go further. You can accuse them then of harassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you pay now, it'll be 40 euro they're looking for, not 3.

Without the receipt, or some sort of proof, you've got nothing. You'll be at the mercy of eflow to trace the payment to the wrong reg number, if you know it, but given their complete incompetence so far, I wouldn't be counting on this.

What happens next is probably court, but you have no proof of the original mistake. Do the shops where you pay keep a copy of the receipt? If so, they might be able to trace it for you, but again, this could be difficult.

You'll take a big chance by letting this go to court, it could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

dodgyme wrote: »
    exact same thing happened me. I also am wondering what happens to all the monies paid on false charges. I think they are trying a scam to defraud people of money - I am not joking here.

I'm with you on that. My dad who rarely/never uses the M50 got a letter for payment. He was actually on the M50 on that day, but he never went over the bridge into the toll area. I think they're trying to ride out the recession by getting payments from people who use any part of the M50. Very suspicious. He's disputing it of course.

His reg no could not have been recorded if he was not near the toll bridge. Its more likely that someones elses reg, a very similiar one to his, passed through and they messed up and sent the letter to him.

While they are incompetent ninnies I can't see them plucking reg nos out of the air to charge for the fun of it.................although it seems that way sometimes :pac:

I have to say, I have seen regs where the screw holding the plate in makes a 6 look like an 8 etc, that kind of thing.

Don't bother emailing them btw, I am still waiting for responses to emails from last September :eek:

If you phone them get the names of the people you are talking to, and the time and how long the conversation lasted. Be as detailed as possible, it will stand to you if they keep harassing you (your Dad).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    His reg no could not have been recorded if he was not near the toll bridge. Its more likely that someones elses reg, a very similiar one to his, passed through and they messed up and sent the letter to him.

Don't they take a photo of every vehicle? Ask for the photo and then you can prove it's not your car.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

eth0_ wrote: »
    Don't they take a photo of every vehicle? Ask for the photo and then you can prove it's not your car.
    When they get to the fine (€40) stage the letter that comes has a photo of your car in it.

I got one once with a lovely pic of my car, taken at night. Completely black except for the headlights, you couldnt even read the reg. I did wonder what would happen if it was required as proof in court, but fortunately it wasnt required as the fine in this case was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

The call centre for Eflow is based in the north so you can’t even walk into there offices... When the tender went out for this contract I wonder was the minister for transport thinking of doing his patriotic duty by keeping the jobs north of the border :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cleo1

I have used the toll bridge 4 times since it came into effect, and paid online within a few days. Each time I have received multiple letters in the post demanding payment. I then in turn call to confirm that the toll has actually been paid. Some are still under 'dispute' and unresolved. I spend 20 minutes on the phone each time trying to explain myself, they say they will call out or return my call - which never happens. So i'm not sure where I am at. At one stage I got an email to say if I set up an account or something to that effect they would be prepared to waive what I owe. Needless to say my response wasn't too favourable. I am sick and tired of dealing with them. Makes me not want to use the toll. Not sure what to do though, should I leave it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Has anyone had money debit from their account for a transaction without using the toll bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

cleo1 wrote: »
    I have used the toll bridge 4 times since it came into effect, and paid online within a few days. Each time I have received multiple letters in the post demanding payment. I then in turn call to confirm that the toll has actually been paid. Some are still under 'dispute' and unresolved. I spend 20 minutes on the phone each time trying to explain myself, they say they will call out or return my call - which never happens. So i'm not sure where I am at. At one stage I got an email to say if I set up an account or something to that effect they would be prepared to waive what I owe. Needless to say my response wasn't too favourable. I am sick and tired of dealing with them. Makes me not want to use the toll. Not sure what to do though, should I leave it?

In fairness if you wait nearly 3 days to pay it then you will get a letter in the post. The conditions of usage are that the toll must be paid before 8pm the day after you have passed through the toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

I went through the toll on January 16th. On January 17th I paid for it by laser over the phone.
    Three weeks later, I got a fine from them totaling €43. What was funny was the layout of the fine;
    Outstanding toll : €0
    First fine : €3.00
    Second fine :€40

So I had total of 43 euro fine on a toll that they acknowledged was paid. I rang the centre, and the girl told me that there was nothing she could do as the computers were sending out fines automatically, even for tolls they knew were paid. She said signing up for a laser photo account would resolve the problem as all fines were wiped when you got a photo account. To make her life easier, I agreed. I am kind of sorry I did that.
    Two weeks later, I get another new letter, same STN number saying I owed them the original toll, and a new 3 euro fine.
    When I rang the toll centre, a snotty fooker on the other end told me that I didnt have proof of payment for the original one on 16th Jan, and therefore I had to pay again, even though the girl as above had acknowledged that I had paid this and she could see the payment. When I replied to him with her name, date of my last call, time of the call and my new account number, he said that the STN number had obviously been used again by accident, and that this MUST be a different unpaid toll. So what are the chances that the same STN is used twice, and on both occasions I happen to be the one who gets allocated it? He said he would wipe the second fee on the same number as an "act of goodwill".
    He got really snotty with me on the phone and told me "not to panic" in a really snide way when I exclaimed my frustration at spending my free time calling and holding on this number, and also that I am getting multiple bills for one charge that was paid.

What sort of country do we live in that justification in gaining time using a motorway is negated by the thought that you will spend the next month being hassled by the idiots that charge you for using it??

Muppets, the lot of them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

cleo1 wrote: »

Cleo, what you said sounds so close to my own situation. Only ever used the M50 toll area three times. Paid each time online within the allowed time but now have disputes pending resolution on the last two of those journeys.
    I've emailed, I've phoned and still nothing is sorted. I haven't got any additonal letters from eFlow yet but surely that's only a matter of time.
    I was also told that if I set up a video a/c, any fines would be wiped out. I don't want to do that nor is there any way I want eFlow being able to dip into my credit card a/c at will and unchecked.
    I usually went out of my way to avoid the M50 and now I really wish I had on these three occasions too. I certainly will be avoiding it again.

Additonal question: Has anyone actually been to court over unpaid tolls? If so, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

i had the same problam paid my 3 euro then got a letter for 6.i rang up the guy on the phone says no thats clear i paid.then i get a letter for 46 euro. i rang again and was told i have to have proof of payment.sent in astatement during this time bout 3 weeks the fines on hold .to make a long story short they daid i never paid even though their excellent phone operator said i had and now i,m told its out of their hands and its goin g to their enforcemt board because i did,nt pay 46 euro within 56 days even though it was in despute for at least 21 days of the 56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

keep all reciepts for tolls paid and then you can ignore these muppets because you will have proof that you have paid! let them spend a fortune chasing you for nothing and do nothing as you have done nothing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Twice I have been through the toll, paid my 3 euro ( which is a rip off by the way )... then 3-4 weeks later got a letter.

I ALWAYS keep my receipt because I don't trust these guys .

Anyway , I just pin the letter to the receipt , and store them. I have not heard anything since ( the last time was December ). I don't waste my time phoning them , why should I ?

I will not open an account with these twits because I would not trust them with my bank account details .

I truly hope to get a summons to be honest , I would have the greatest of pleasure dumping the receipt on the judges desk and asking for my expences back.

It's the worst run system I have ever encountered .

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

In fairness if you wait nearly 3 days to pay it then you will get a letter in the post. The conditions of usage are that the toll must be paid before 8pm the day after you have passed through the toll.

I got a letter today saying I now owe them 47.50 as I didn't pay the 'additional charge' of 3 euro for not paying the toll fee before 8pm that day. I'm fuming. I'm not a regular user of the M50 toll bridge, was just bringing someone out to the airport. I went on line and disputed the charges for what it's worth. It's my own fault for not familiarising myself with the rules, but it still sucks! I'll know I'll have to pay the 47.50 within 56 days

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Davy wrote: »
    Has anyone had money debit from their account for a transaction without using the toll bridge?

I had two transactions against me when I hadn't used the toll bridge. I signed up to an account with laser card last year, let the laser lapse (it expired a few months ago, luckily) as I only use the road when going to the airport (haven't been past the toll since September). And then this month got notice for two transactions.

They're "investigating" it as we speak, I won't be holding my breath, a brain damaged gerbil could do a better than E-Flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

astrofool wrote: »
    I had two transactions against me when I hadn't used the toll bridge. I signed up to an account with laser card last year, let the laser lapse (it expired a few months ago, luckily) as I only use the road when going to the airport (haven't been past the toll since September). And then this month got notice for two transactions.

They're "investigating" it as we speak, I won't be holding my breath, a brain damaged gerbil could do a better than E-Flow.

Im not alone so. I have had 4 transactions on a tag that i had to despite. And god they are a disaster to get it sorted. It was a easypass tag, but they had to wait for eflow to get back to them and apparently is only done at the month end. So the first 2 transactions happened on jan 13th and 21. I got refunded for them just last week and still waiting for the other 2 transactions which happened in February, which im guessing wont be refunded till next month. The amount of phonecalls and emails just gets so frustrating.
    Now i find myself constantly checking the account to see if more transactions are happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

astrofool wrote: »

dont spend a penny or a cent trying to sort out their mess as long as you know you owe them nothing then let them sing for any money they are billing and fining you for not paying.
    Davy wrote: »
    Im not alone so. I have had 4 transactions on a tag that i had to despite. And god they are a disaster to get it sorted. It was a easypass tag, but they had to wait for eflow to get back to them and apparently is only done at the month end. So the first 2 transactions happened on jan 13th and 21. I got refunded for them just last week and still waiting for the other 2 transactions which happened in February, which im guessing wont be refunded till next month. The amount of phonecalls and emails just gets so frustrating.
    Now i find myself constantly checking the account to see if more transactions are happening.
    in your case you should also get compensated for your time and the many phone calls to these clowns.

it seems very odd that these people are allowed to continue using a system which is widely known to be so inaccurate as they are charging people in error then imposing fines which could eventually lead to imprisonment if left unpaid. they should have to prove you owe them money before any bills or fines are issued!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Its quite clear that the system is not working and we are funding them for no reason.

Time to take action I say.

What can we do on a specific day that will make them stop this?

Advertisement