Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

These incompetent idiots are driving me up the wall at the minute.

Tried to pay for two trips a couple of hours before the 8pm deadline but was told their system was down and they'd call me back. They never did. Rang a couple of days later (and got the girl who originally said they'd call me back! Though she said it's someone else who does the calling back...) but now in addition to the €6 was another €6 as a fine. She took payment for the original €6 and said the fine would be sorted out. Of course it wasn't and I got the letter in the post looking for it. Have called them 3 times since and each time they fobbed off that it's in dispute. The original trips were about a month ago. Along the way they took my phone number (again) and said they'd get back to me in a day or two but never did. That fake call-back one was last week. This week I rang again and got a supervisor who said he'd chase it up again (like the guy who took my number last week said he'd do...)

Is there anything I can do to get someone off their arse to sort this out? It's not my fault their system was down and I couldn't pay the original bill on time but I am the one getting continually fobbed off with fake promises of letters and call-backs and getting stressed about it. Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Clytus wrote: »
    Got a letter ( well my wife did) demanding payment of €3 toll...and a €40 additional charge. My wife went nuts as the car is only registered to her...its my car really...but thing was i was almost positive I paied the toll. Anyway...i found my receipt which did confirm i paid...so i rang them and asked wht the story with the letter was. The guy said..yeah..we know you paid...but the system is just sending these letters out!:eek:

(me)...EHHHH....so you guys have a revenue collecting system in operation that you know isint working correctly??

( E-Flow operator)Yeah!

Now....I dont know about the rest of the nation...but this just seems wrong!
    Look...the toll has to be paid...no problems there...but what happens to all the monies paid on false charges?

I paid my toll at the toll booth and got a letter saying I didnt pay. I dont think I kept or even got a receipt. Never heard of EFLOW until I got the letter. Had no idea there was even such a system in place.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I paid my toll at the toll booth and got a letter saying I didnt pay. I dont think I kept or even got a receipt. Never heard of EFLOW until I got the letter. Had no idea there was even such a system in place.
    The letters are issued for travel through the (non tollbooth) tolls on the M50. So did you take a trip on the M50 separate to whereever you went that you paid at a booth?

Oryx wrote: »
    The letters are issued for travel through the (non tollbooth) tolls on the M50. So did you take a trip on the M50 separate to whereever you went that you paid at a booth?

I have no idea. I was on the m50 getting off at the N5 exit. I paid a toll. That's all I know.

I have no idea. I was on the m50 getting off at the N5 exit. I paid a toll. That's all I know.
    You paid a toll at a booth? When was this? The toll booths on the M50 have been gone for months now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Eek, turn of the caps lock :eek:

Did you not know that people pay more attention to posts and emails that are written in ALL CAPS? If you write a letter to the government in ALL CAPS then you skip right to the top of the queue too, and you don't have to pay for anything.

I thought everyone knew that:rolleyes:

Oryx wrote: »
    You paid a toll at a booth? When was this? The toll booths on the M50 have been gone for months now.

About 3 weeks ago. I definitely paid a toll. Have a witness who was in the car with me. Know I didnt hallucinate it.

Are you sure you're not confusing your toll payment at a booth with another time?
    You don't pay at a booth on the m50, you drive through, it photographs your reg, and you pay online. If you don't you get a fine.

About 3 weeks ago. I definitely paid a toll. Have a witness who was in the car with me. Know I didnt hallucinate it.

There's no booths at which to pay. You can't physically hand any money over to anyone.,

Ive no idea then. There are deffo no booths on the M50. You HAVE to pay at a paystation, online, or by phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I think you are mistaking the M50 for the M4

a) M50 has no toll booths at all
    b) There is no exit for the N5 on the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Same story as everyone here it would seem, my dad came up to dublin on Monday morning to pick me up from the airport so passed through the toll twice and as i work for a retailer where you can pay the toll i did so once i returned home. Surprise surprise a letter arrived in the post for non payment. Waiting on my dad to come home with his receipt to ring eflow :D Gonna be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Ive had some problems with them. Went on the toll paid the 3euro and saved the ref number on my desktop. Deleted it after a week, than get a letter saying i now owe 6euro as i didnt pay so i rang them up and they said they will escalate the issue blah blah. They said I would receive a letter with the answer. Got a letter alrite saying that I now owe them 50euro.
    I rang up and they said that I should have received a letter to say that my thing was rejected. I said I didnt. They said that the 50euro fine was issued on the same day as the letter so it wouldnt have made any odds.

Hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

Am also in an ongoing dispute with eFlow over non-payment of toll, though paid online within the time, they say payment hasn't gone through.
    If it turns out payment wasn't made successfully, I don't mind paying the toll but NOT the fine for non-payment within the time.
    Been in touch by email and phone. Finally got a reply by email after one whole month saying it would be about ten days before hearing their judgement on the dispute.
    Like other posters on here, the frustration generated by these tolls and attempting resolution of disputes is huge.

Has anyone ever actually paid fines when they reach the hundreds, or ever been taken to court by eFlow?

As someone else wrote, the infrastructure required to implement the boothless toll system must dwarf that of the old booth & booth operator system.

Now Im confused. So does the how could i have been on two motorways at the same time? Also I got two bills for going in opposite directions [north and south] at the same time. Did I accidentally drive into an Italo Calvino short story?

Now Im confused. So does the how could i have been on two motorways at the same time? Also I got two bills for going in opposite directions [north and south] at the same time. Did I accidentally drive into an Italo Calvino short story?
    They could have misread someone elses plate. Fines usually have a picture of your car, that would tell you if it was really your car.

Zxc wrote: »
    Am also in an ongoing dispute with eFlow over non-payment of toll, though paid online within the time, they say payment hasn't gone through.
    If it turns out payment wasn't made successfully, I don't mind paying the toll but NOT the fine for non-payment within the time.
    Been in touch by email and phone. Finally got a reply by email after one whole month saying it would be about ten days before hearing their judgement on the dispute.
    Like other posters on here, the frustration generated by these tolls and attempting resolution of disputes is huge.

Has anyone ever actually paid fines when they reach the hundreds, or ever been taken to court by eFlow?

As someone else wrote, the infrastructure required to implement the boothless toll system must dwarf that of the old booth & booth operator system.

What email address did you use? It's been almost a couple of months and several phone calls to them and still no word back from the feckers. Really sick of it and wondering what the outcome will be! Can I sue them for stress caused, I wonder.

They finally got back to me and cancelled the fine. 8 weeks and multiple phone calls from me to them and multiple lies from them to me later. Definitely the worst customer service experience I have ever had. So frustrating! Easy knowing they have a monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

What email address did you use? It's been almost a couple of months and several phone calls to them and still no word back from the feckers. Really sick of it and wondering what the outcome will be! Can I sue them for stress caused, I wonder.

Apologies Vodafoneproblem, It is only now that I see your message.

When emailing eflow, I used the contact form on the eflow website. Absolutely worthless as it turned out. It is not good enough to offer an email contact if it takes weeks to respond.

It is good that you got sorted. I'm still waiting to have my situation resolved.

Here are links to some very recent reports in the Irish Times about the ongoing problems with the M50 toll operations and includes details of some moves to try to improve the situation.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0417/1224244902143.html
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0416/breaking70.html
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2009/0325/1224243363207.html

Thanks for those article links, Zxc. Very interesting! Especially (from last Friday)

"THE COMPANY operating the M50 barrier-free toll, BetEire Flow, is to run a competition between its existing customer service provider and a possible replacement firm in a bid to improve customer service.

The move is in response to what the company accepts are customer service “failings” which have left a significant minority of M50 users frustrated at incorrect toll charges and difficulties contacting customer service representatives."

However, I get the feeling there is also a problem with the tech support team (Understaffed, perhaps? If not, they are incompetent!) and not just the frontline CS staff who fob you off with BS frequently. I've never had a problem contacting the frontline CS staff but forget about talking to the people who can actually solve the problem or hearing back from them in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kezarooney

Hey, im new here but totally p!ssed off with e-flow.
    Like they bring out this new system and dont really tell anyone how it works!!!???
    I had a problem a few months back where they sent out a few fines to my house, only worth €6, so I was told in the petrol garage that u have to bring ur bills down to the garage and they scan them in and thats how u pay them, so i brought like 3 or 4 down and 2 of them went through fine but my last few bills wouldnt scan, 3 different garages it would not scan, tried for 4 days would not scan, so I didnt pay them ones. So now all my little €6 bills that wouldnt scan have turned out now worth like €152!!!! Loada me ass!!!! So I have some solicitor letter now saying there threatening my credit rating blah de blah!!!! Whats everyone doing about this sh!te??? Im not gunna pay it, funny thing is the name on each bill is not even my proper name, theres a few letters left out of my surname so if they try threaten me again Im just gunna say, here's my passport, the names do not match, these fines belong to the name on the fine ha!!! Do you think that would work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They cannot threaten your credit rating if they are not members of the ICB

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

kezarooney wrote: »
    3 different garages it would not scan, tried for 4 days would not scan, so I didnt pay them ones. So now all my little €6 bills that wouldnt scan have turned out now worth like €152!!!! Loada me ass!!!!

You can pay the 6euro fine online, all you do is enter the reference number. Instructions should have been included with the fine itself. Not paying them is kind of your fault, though what eflow can or will do about it is anyone's guess.

The incorrect spelling of your name may help you, is this the same as printed on your car registration cert, or is that correct? As mentioned, they cannot effect your credit rating, this is pure lies.

Also, the solicitors letter you received may not actually be from a solicitors office. You can check with the Law Society to see if they are genuine. Some debt collection agencies have been known to use fake solicitors names in order to scare debtors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kezarooney

Thanks for the info :D
    But the online thing like, not everyone has laser or credit cards,thats where the garages come in, and from what I've heard ppl dont wanna put there card details into the e-flow system, I know a lot of ppl are being charged for journeys not made, coz it comes out automatic from their account!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

But the online thing like, not everyone has laser or credit cards,thats where the garages come in, and from what I've heard ppl dont wanna put there card details into the e-flow system, I know a lot of ppl are being charged for journeys not made, coz it comes out automatic from their account!!
    basically their systems can't be trusted to charge your cards properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i got a letter last week from Eflow with a fine for a journey i didn't take(my car was parked outside my house when they say i was going through the toll) i rang them asking what type of vehicle showed up on their system, to prove it wasn't me. the smug eejit on the other end told me their system was currently down and couldn't do that...so i politely informed him that a)i would not be paying anything and b)i would not be calling back. he was so rude and unapologetic about their crap system, it made me so mad. like, people have to take time out of their lives to ring them and inform them of their mistakes and they don't even get a "sorry about that"....grr!:mad:

and now they're setting up eparking..??seriously:eek: won't be trusting them with that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

and now they're setting up eparking..??seriously:eek: won't be trusting them with that!!!

Sometimes they forget to charge you for parking.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dont waste your money ringing the them if you did not use the toll really they should have a freephone number for this service but they cant seem to ring people back now after they have paid to ring eflow.

if you know you did not use the toll road when they say you did just do nothing! dont ring or email them and let them run around in circles sending reminders and final warnings and solicitiors letters for a debt that does not exist!

what a shameful waste of money in the middle of a recession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is happening to people who set up accounts with e-flow, which is one reason why I haven't set up one. If you make a one off payment for a toll or fine, they don't keep your details, and can't charge you automatically.

Amazingly, I got my 3 euro refund, after just one email to them. It did take 4 weeks, but still got it. And just as I was about to send them a bill for 6 euro for late payment too. I was looking forward to that and all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

I'm trying to understand EFlow's policy that only gives you up to 24hrs to pay your Toll. I'm actually wondering how they have the Law on their side to start sending threatening letters if you pay a few hours late? Does anyone know how or why they are being allowed to do this?

They make it so difficult for people who are not regular users to pay their Toll, surely they should be more lenient in the payment window?

In their threatening letters they quote a Law / Act which only refers to people who "fail, neglect or refuse to pay" a Toll. So why send them to people who paid a day or 2 after they used the road? They still got their €3, right?

I find it so offensive that they're allowed to do this. Does anyone know if they have successfully won a case prosecuting someone for late payment?

Advertisement