Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Paid the toll fare plus the late fees months ago, now have a solicitors letter here demanding money.
    Never given a receipt so now have to go over old bank statement's to find proof that it was paid.

Has anyone any experience with this part of the process, success stories would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Paid the toll fare plus the late fees months ago, now have a solicitors letter here demanding money.
    Never given a receipt so now have to go over old bank statement's to find proof that it was paid.

Has anyone any experience with this part of the process, success stories would be great!!
    Im getting the same. I paid by VISA and they are saying they have no record of the payment and are lashing fines onto my tab left right and centre even though the original toll was paid. If they dont admit they took the cash I am going to my bank to tell them to chargeback the amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Wonder if anything has changed now that there are 2 outsourced providers handling calls nowadays......ie Teleperformance and Abtran.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Ah here they are a joke.

I have been sent so many letters saying i haven't paid tolls where I have, and in fairness the lads who answer the phone are just like 'ya grand' whenever I ring and say take that charge off my account please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Sizzler wrote: »
    Im getting the same. I paid by VISA and they are saying they have no record of the payment and are lashing fines onto my tab left right and centre even though the original toll was paid. If they dont admit they took the cash I am going to my bank to tell them to chargeback the amounts.

i wouldnt advise you doing that...then they would be correct that you hadnt paid. At least if they keep doing this and you can show that you paid then they wouldnt have a leg to stand on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matrixroyal

I have paid for a trip but I didn't have access to a printer at the time so nevery printed out the receipt.

Now they are writing and fining me for non-payment.
    I can see the payment ( with the correct transaction date ) on my credit card statement but they are saying the payment cannot be traced.

Where can I go from here ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

email info@nra.ie and tell the NRA to sort it out for you . They award these contracts to these clowns .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sizzler, Darksaga87, matrixroyal; Ignore them completely, and let them waste as much time and money on billing you as they want. It's their error, and their responsibility to sort it, not yours. You've paid, so that's that. I wouldn't waste a minute of my time or money on these clowns.

Perhaps do as sponge bob says, if you feel so inclined. It's the NRA's responsibility to make sure their agents aren't a bunch of idiots, something they've failed to do so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Let the NRA do some work, any threats ...send them on and tell the NRA they are fully liable and will be sued by you if anything appears on your credit record because of these system failures on their watch !!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I moved house July last year and until my car tax was up in April i hadn't realised that i hadn't changed my address with Motor Tax office. When telling this to my wife she says "that must be why we never got any letters bout not paying the m50 toll twice for a return journey to Newry before the christmas".

Any suggestions on what i should do? I have travelled the road before and after this time and always paid the toll on time. Also it's 6 weeks since my address was changed and have no correspondence from them as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Eflow is a badly designed, bug-ridden computerised stystem with poor customer support, so yes there can be system errors. :confused:

With regard to the mis read number plates, not everyone out there is honest, duplicate number plates, adjusted number plates, or stylised number plates...little boy racers ahem. :P

Secondly its not that difficult to use, there huge bloody signs on the road TELLING you what to do!!! HUGE SIGNS
    3 ways to pay....London congestion charges heard of them?? if you don't pay u get fined. Its not rocket science!

Fixed that for you.

What do London congestion charges have to do with a system which even it's operators have admitted have higher than expected incidents of error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tilly1

Hi, just wondering if someone could help me on this, i went through the m50 toll there 2 weeks ago 4 times!! dont ask why, but long story and i had to turn around home to get something... anyways paid my toll that night and thought nothing of it until i went down to my mothers yesterday and there were letters there for me from EFlow!! I had only paid for 2 tolls instead of the four.. honest mistake, i always pay my tolls on time.. anyways went to ring up today nd they want €95!! The letter is dated 27th may, and today being the 10th, i thought that this was within the 14 day period before the fine kicked in?? But he keeps saying it's the 15th day coz you count the day of the letter.. anyways im not paying the €95 for a €3 toll, it was an honest mistake... What do any of you think about the "14 day period"?? and has anyone not paid this toll before and what has happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

An update on the M50 toll situation from today's Irish Times
    M50 users promised a better service as complaints take toll

The company handling customer queries from M50 toll users has lost its contract due to the high volume of complaints about its service.

BetEireFlow, the firm that operates the M50 tolling system on behalf of the National Roads Authority (NRA), confirmed last night it had terminated its contract with its customer service operator, Teleperformance. It had also handled queries for the eFlow electronic toll tag service.

The contract has been awarded to Cork-based business services provider Abtran, which is to hire an additional 100 staff for its head office in Bishopstown to handle the approximately 6,000 telephone calls a day associated with the service.

More than 100,000 vehicles use the M50 each day.

Simon McBeth, BetEireFlow’s communications director, said customers had experienced “unacceptable problems”.

BetEireFlow and the NRA had become increasingly frustrated about the high level of complaints since the introduction of barrier-free tolling last August.

Among the most common complaints were calls to the service provider being “dropped” or the customer cut off, problems resolving account issues and motorists being promised a call-back which did not materialise. The National Consumer Agency had also received complaints.

This led BetEireFlow to review the service and it ran a trial which gave a proportion of customer calls to Abtran and compared its performance with that of Teleperformance.

Mr McBeth said that after an initial two-week “bedding-in process”, customers would benefit from the change. He said M50 users “can be guaranteed that all calls will be answered and that queries will be dealt with in full”.

The Abtran call centre will take general M50 queries and also provide customer support for the eFlow tag.

Mr McBeth said the contact number (1890 50 10 50) would remain the same and queries would be dealt with between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. The changeover happened yesterday evening.

A spokesman for the NRA welcomed the announcement and said the number of complaints to it from M50 toll users had fallen during the trial. In April the NRA had expressed concern about the level of customer service “errors”.

One apparent consequence of these errors was that the legal firm appointed by the NRA to pursue motorists who failed to pay the toll sent letters to motorists who claimed their account arrears had already been paid.

A spokesperson for Teleperformance declined to comment last night. It employs 2,400 people in Bangor and Newry, Co Down, and provides customer services for firms including Setanta and Sainsbury.

It is understood customer service issues were the only reason for the change in service provider.

BetEireFlow refused to comment last night on the value or the duration of the customer service contract with Abtran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

tilly1 wrote: »
    What do any of you think about the "14 day period"?? and has anyone not paid this toll before and what has happened??

You need to pay the toll by 8PM on the day after you make the crossing, then the 14 day period applies from this point on, which is the period in which the €3 toll and €3 penalty are due. So it all depends on what date you actually made the toll crossing on.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had to phone them yesterday, and apart from having to listen to the same irritating 10 second jingle on a loop for 20 minutes, once I got through the guy could not have been more helpful. Obviously I was through to the Cork office, as the accents of the guy I spoke to and everyone around him were corkonian. :)

Please god the system will improve from here on in, though I havent had huge issues with them, such as are mentioned here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 madbitch

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They will be bankrupt by christmas at this rate of going .

Their call centre is close to collapse , it only need a nudge to tip it over the edge !

Hahahaha hw rong wer u, bankrupt by xmas!! :) dont u realise that its the irish government running that bridge and they are reaping all the benefits!! And to laugh at the prospect of people losing their jobs just shows how much of an ignorant nation u southern numpties are F.U!!!!!!! :P :P

Eflow is a computerised stystem, so yes there can be system errors. :confused:

With regard to the mis read number plates, not everyone out there is honest, duplicate number plates, adjusted number plates, or stylised number plates...little boy racers ahem. :P

Secondly its not that difficult to use, there huge bloody signs on the road TELLING you what to do!!! HUGE SIGNS
    3 ways to pay....London congestion charges heard of them?? if you don't pay u get fined. Its not rocket science!

Thank god!! :D somebody with sum f**cking sense, although to half them people it is rocket science!!! Cnt they read r summit :confused: and no one person is forced to use that road there are other roads, so if you dont like the charges dont use the f**cking road you w**nkers!!!!

email info@nra.ie and tell the NRA to sort it out for you . They award these contracts to these clowns .

lol :D the nra sort summit ot 4 ya!! They r da people fining yas and the ones that decided to make the toll barrier free!! Oh yea they make the decisions on whether or not uve paid and they r the ones that "reject" ur disputes and send cases to court!!! Not the people that are answering calls to make a living and provide 4 their families! And the only clowns are the w**nkers that cant read their letters or that they are that incapable of paying their bills on time, then moan like f**k coz they have got fined hahahaha!!!!!! You lot are all a joke!!

Once every driver car owner whatever in Ireland has a dodgy credit rating from this scheme ( whether they or their car or their registered car ever went through the Westlink or not ) then we shall most certainly have a credit crunch on our hands with all the wrecked credit ratings :(

Give these eFlow clowns 6 months to destroy the entire free state credit system :cool:

U serious :eek: Eflow ruin the "free state" economy, u are a complete and utter wanker if thats what you think. The thing that would be ruining the "free state" economy is that fact that half you sponging c**ts dont work and are claiming, then coming across the boarder and spending it here lol!! We r the only ones laughing coz, the North isnt doing that badly thanks to u lot!!!! O yea and in the "free state" its right that uz are'nt even buying Irish produce but BRITISH produce to sell in your ever so0o empty shops lmao!!!! :P :D

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Wonder if anything has changed now that there are 2 outsourced providers handling calls nowadays......ie Teleperformance and Abtran.

Brgds
    Johnny

Why would things have changed!!?? Its the same system! :confused: What does it matter who is answering the calls, that doesnt change the fact that number plates are still going to be picked up incorrectly, tags not working on other toll roads and "untraceable" payments not being found! Think logically, the whole system needs a makeover not the people answering the calls, they are just reading of a script sent to them by the NRA and Bet EireFlow, the problems that exist now will always be there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

This is ****ing hilarious :pac:

The thought of all those rude gits in Eflow losing their jobs makes me sleep well at night.

As for making ends meet, what you should do is get an education and not get a job pissing people off for a living. :rolleyes:

aphex™ wrote: »

The thought of all those rude gits in Eflow losing their jobs makes me sleep well at night.

As for making ends meet, what you should do is get an education and not get a job pissing people off for a living. :rolleyes:

You ****ing asshole!!! Alot of the people that lost their jobs r in uni getting an education u halfwit southern bastard!! Go on and scratch ur hole u ****er!! And rude gits!! Have u listened to the recordings of the calls that we had to put up with ignorant!! U Mexicans invented the word, scum**** bastards!!!!! O yea and the system was invented by southerners so wat does that say bout u lot wen u cant even get a "barrier free" tolling system correct!!!!!! :D:D :P

Oryx wrote: »
    I had to phone them yesterday, and apart from having to listen to the same irritating 10 second jingle on a loop for 20 minutes, once I got through the guy could not have been more helpful. Obviously I was through to the Cork office, as the accents of the guy I spoke to and everyone around him were corkonian. :)

Please god the system will improve from here on in, though I havent had huge issues with them, such as are mentioned here.

Is that the same Cork office that was playing that annoying jingle down the phone to you 4 20mins :confused: I think so0o, if ur guna slag mk sure you no the full details b4 you do it you wanker!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BarryErfree

Ya know what makes me sleep well at nite????
    yo momma!

I bet your one of the dumb asses who didn't take the free account to waive your fines when it was available. We werent allowed to say it on the phone but GOD you people are simple!

May you be fined many times more, moron. icon10.gif
    The letters are on their way! mwahahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Give my regards to the lady in the dole office :D

Here are some other suggested careers for you where you can put your "skills" to use;

Parking clamper
    Bailiff
    TV license inspector

May these be as fulfilling as your last job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Seriously, are there still no mods around to clean up and ban?

madbitch banned for one month until you learn some civil manners.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BarryErfree

Give my regards to the lady in the dole office :D

Here are some other suggested careers for you where you can put your "skills" to use;

Parking clamper
    Bailiff
    TV license inspector

May these be as fulfilling as your last job.

Hey you are a dead on person who can give good career advice.
    Sarcasm doesnt really work on this board. So where sarcasm is used I will finish the sentence with **
    I'll try again.
    Hey you are a dead on person who can give good career advice**
    That last post was hilarious**
    You're obviously intelligent**icon7.gif

Are you trying to say that its better to be on the dole than to work at any of those jobs? Someone has to do these jobs, and I certainly didn't know that E-Flow would turn out like it did when i started. I'd love to know where your hate for our employess comes from, it probably boils down to your own stupidity.
    Are you inbred?icon5.gif

Im assuming you have been fined in the past - if you have been fined its because you haven't adhered to the rules set out by the NRA not by me or any of my ex-colleagues. The fact that you laugh at people losing their jobs shows that you are bitter about something.
    What happened???? you can tell me! Open your heart, I wont judge you.
    I care**icon12.gif

Btw, if anyone else on this board has any questions they want to ask about the M50 I will happily answer them, I know the ****ty system inside and out. Im glad to help anyone, except if your a douch like aphex. icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Btw, if anyone else on this board has any questions they want to ask about the M50 I will happily answer them, I know the ****ty system inside and out. Im glad to help anyone, except if your a douch like aphex. icon10.gif

Ok, I've got one. What's the deal with UK registered cars? I know they use EPC in London, who get the details from the DVLA, and issue invoices to the owners of the car.. but like - how far do they go with it? What happens if the UK driver doesn't receive (or chooses to ignore) the invoices?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your offer of advice. I'm sure that many posters will be gald to avail of it.

But please do not insult other posters. There's a lot of stupidity in this thread, and I will not think twice about banning more posters if this childishness continues.

dudara

Advertisement