Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

just got a letter in from e-flow saying i didnt pay my toll on sunday past. i past the toll on sunday and monday going to AC/DC and paid the two passes just after 6pm on Monday online.

So rang up and explained i had paid and they asked for my receipt of payment from the website (which i had not saved) as i didn't think much of it after the money went through. They don't even take your email address which they could send on the receipt to which is stupid, its not like it would cost anything to do and not much to implement.

I then asked him does he want my credit card number to reference it to the payment but he said they don't have that facility.
    I told him the payment has gone through as i can see it on my online banking right now so he has asked me to print it off and fax it to him with a cover letter explaining the situation.

The payment date says July 1st when payment was actually made on June 29th but i assume it says this as i paid after 5 so the bank didnt process it till the next day so it would not come up on the online banking till midnight AKA July 1st.

Now i know its only 6 euro but its the principle of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

if you payed it then just ignore them, give them nothing but verbal abuse, tell them its **** system ;)

its bad enough people are being charged to use a road built with tax payers money, they gotta double-charge you.cheap tricks

obviously they don't even know how their own system works and can't check to see who has paid what..or they don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Martyr wrote: »
    if you payed it then just ignore them, give them nothing but verbal abuse, tell them its **** system ;)

its bad enough people are being charged to use a road built with tax payers money, they gotta double-charge you.cheap tricks

obviously they don't even know how their own system works and can't check to see who has paid what..or they don't care.

Yes, getting abusive and ranting always helps to clear queries with companies.:rolleyes:

Fax them the bank details, as requested, and await their reply before going off on a hissy fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yes, getting abusive and ranting always helps to clear queries with companies.:rolleyes:

It does when you know you've done nothing wrong, and when they know that their system is broken.

TBH, if I get a letter from eflow, after I've already paid, I'd ignore it. There's nothing they can do if you've paid the toll, so let them waste money and time on sending you pointless and unenforceable letters. The more money they lose the better, it might convince the NRA and Bet Eire Flow that it needs to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Fax them the bank details, as requested, and await their reply before going off on a hissy fit.

Don't fax them the bank details. Why should you go to the trouble of prining and faxing off bank details, along with a cover letter, because their system is a joke?

If you've paid, and you're sure you have proof of that, tell them so, keep it and if they ever bother taking anyone to court they'll look like idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Heard that NTR have a new call centre rang them about my problems with eflow ( I have 50 trips that they are billing me for) I have only used the M50 in total 3 times since it went barrier free. They were very polite about the issue and told me that they know it is not my car but someone else is using my number plate. I asked if they knew that why have they not informed the gardai. I am still awaiting a reply. I bet I get one when they bring me to court for not paying their bills

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

In fairness that is not their fault, have you reported the criminal with 'your plate' to the Gardai and gotten a written acknowledgement by the Gardai that they are investigating ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The call centre cant sort out any problems, they will only take payments :rolleyes: They will just ask you to email them. I've got 3 journeys which I paid for but cant sort out with them. I keep disputing them online and they keep undisputing them! Farcical stuff ! Their email response is merely a template saying send in proof of payment (which I have done) and nothing back ! I can only imagine they are hitting 70& of the revenue the previous toll was taking and they are spending another €20m trying to manage it. Apart from the traffic congestion being released somewhat there doesnt seem to be any other benefits!

They are also sending their summonses by registered post now, so if you dont sign for it then you never got it!

Have they actually got anybody into court yet I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are also sending their summonses by registered post now, so if you don't sign for it then you never got it!
    That won't save you. An application will be made to a judge for substituted service where a registered letter is refused . That means they can then send the summons as an ordinary letter. Once that letter hits the mat you are deemed served.
    A few sacrificial lambs have been in court. No news of any defended cases yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    In fairness that is not their fault, have you reported the criminal with 'your plate' to the Gardai and gotten a written acknowledgement by the Gardai that they are investigating ??
    surely if this awful company are aware of people using other people's number plates it is they that should be informing the guards? have they not got any legal obligation to report crimes fraud etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Clytus wrote: »
    Got a letter ( well my wife did) demanding payment of €3 toll...and a €40 additional charge. My wife went nuts as the car is only registered to her...its my car really...but thing was i was almost positive I paied the toll. Anyway...i found my receipt which did confirm i paid...so i rang them and asked wht the story with the letter was. The guy said..yeah..we know you paid...but the system is just sending these letters out!:eek:

(me)...EHHHH....so you guys have a revenue collecting system in operation that you know isint working correctly??

( E-Flow operator)Yeah!

Now....I dont know about the rest of the nation...but this just seems wrong!
    Look...the toll has to be paid...no problems there...but what happens to all the monies paid on false charges?

I have also being receiving these letters.I rang them up months ago and told them i have receipt etc,yet im still getting bills currently at 1200euro :eek::D

Court will be the next step for you, have the solicitors in Kerry wrote yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sizzler wrote: »

Sort of, me. So, crossed the toll twice. Paid 6 quid but paid it late, didn’t know it was late, shouldve paid 12 quid. Thought that was it until 3 months later when a solicitors letter arrived in the door asking for €290 and a day in court last week!! So I called up the solicitors and told them what happened and that this was the first letter I received about it, which it was. They still said I had to go to court. I told them I wasn’t going to appear and that I’d pay the 6 quid or whatever but their not having any of it.

Anyway, I didn’t go to court and now their looking for more cash, not sure how much. The irony of the whole thing is they told me, that a few months after the original cock up, I paid 6 quid too much online, so now I have 6 Euro credit with them!! Surely that’s not legal? Taking overpayment and not telling the customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

My friend used the m50 twice in my car about a week or so ago. Anyway, he forgot to pay the 6euro by 8pm the next day but did pay it a day later. Anyway, i got a letter for late payment fee and didn't ring him so just assumed he forgot. so i paid the 12euro. Anyway, since finding out,i've been on to them with continious emails and they are not getting back to me with a refund. They are quick enough to request money of me but their customer care is atrocious if they can't even answer an email. Gonna give them a few more days and then ring them.They will probably want a receipt and everything so the refund won't be worth the hassle. :mad: I even offered to register to avoid this happening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mountainmuck

Hey you are a dead on person who can give good career advice.
    Sarcasm doesnt really work on this board. So where sarcasm is used I will finish the sentence with **
    I'll try again.
    Hey you are a dead on person who can give good career advice**
    That last post was hilarious**
    You're obviously intelligent**icon7.gif

Are you trying to say that its better to be on the dole than to work at any of those jobs? Someone has to do these jobs, and I certainly didn't know that E-Flow would turn out like it did when i started. I'd love to know where your hate for our employess comes from, it probably boils down to your own stupidity.
    Are you inbred?icon5.gif

Im assuming you have been fined in the past - if you have been fined its because you haven't adhered to the rules set out by the NRA not by me or any of my ex-colleagues. The fact that you laugh at people losing their jobs shows that you are bitter about something.
    What happened???? you can tell me! Open your heart, I wont judge you.
    I care**icon12.gif

Btw, if anyone else on this board has any questions they want to ask about the M50 I will happily answer them, I know the ****ty system inside and out. Im glad to help anyone, except if your a douch like aphex. icon10.gif
    Does anyone know of an independent body or regulator that complaints can be made to about e-flow? Futile effort here, but they just charged me €95 for a return journey! I hold my hands up and say I didn't pay it by 8pm the next day but I only received a notice in the post today which was the first I have received and which only arrived after the 14 days period after the first penalties were applied even though the letter was dated July 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

Mate I feel your pain! I'm in the same boat - I just send a complaint via e-mail but I have a horrible feeling the charges will just keep going up! :mad: Wouldnt even mind if it was months ago but €95 after only two weeks SICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xxmarymoxx

I went to dublin twice and paid the toll charges the next day.Few month later they send two seperate letters both for €47 saying i never paid my toll ignored them as i have receipts.A month later i get a letter from there solicitors saying i now owe eflow €150.I emailed the solicitors gave them my receipt numbers.Two weeks later they write to me again saying o yes eflow have found the records for those to dates but now you have four extra dates that you didnt pay and you now owe eflow €600 and if you dont pay the full amount within 7 days we are taking you to court. What a shower of c###ts. I sent them an email told them if they didnt leave me alone i was going to have them and those fools eflow done for harrasement.Heard nothing for another week and guess what now i owe them €650.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

xxmarymoxx wrote: »
    I went to dublin twice and paid the toll charges the next day.Few month later they send two seperate letters both for €47 saying i never paid my toll ignored them as i have receipts.A month later i get a letter from there solicitors saying i now owe eflow €150.I emailed the solicitors gave them my receipt numbers.Two weeks later they write to me again saying o yes eflow have found the records for those to dates but now you have four extra dates that you didnt pay and you now owe eflow €600 and if you dont pay the full amount within 7 days we are taking you to court. What a shower of c###ts. I sent them an email told them if they didnt leave me alone i was going to have them and those fools eflow done for harrasement.Heard nothing for another week and guess what now i owe them €650.
    if you are sure you did not use the toll on those 4 new dates just ignore all letters from them! keep it all in a drawer untill you are brought to court then ask for their proof that you made those 4 journeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

Thought I'd let you all know. I have a new policy with eFlow. I don't live in Dublin so it has never been worth my while registering. A while back I went through the toll and totally forgot about paying. But guess what ... they never sent out a payment demand. So since then I just wait to see if they manage to scan my number plate and only pay if I get a letter!

Their hit rate on number plates is really low. I seldom get a letter and if I do I just pay it. The double payment is offset by all the free rides.

If you do go to pay a toll you can't look up the system to see what you owe.... my guess is that the genuine hit rate is so low that they would be revealing to all and sundry that the were not really reading registration plates properly at all if they did so. So you are supposed to just pay for tolls on faith that they have it on record.

Anyway don't take this from me because it could be just my numberplate is hard to scan but I mostly don't hear back from them if I just drive through!

Anyway do I feel dishonest for doing this. Not really! For anyone not from Dublin who needs to make us of the M50 the increase of the fee to 3 euro is a blatant tax on out of towners. Why they don't just have a single booth off to one side so you can pay on the spot. I would actually do this and would prefer to get my payment over with on they day.

Most of my trips are to the airport for business. Its a nuisance to expect people traveling away from the country on business or holidays to find an internet cafe before 8pm the following day in order to pay some damn toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I got a letter from them telling me i owed €stupid amount. I had forgot to pay, so got the late fee, didnt mind too much, my fault, went in and paid it, was like 80e, couple weeks later i get a letter telling me i owe them hundred's. That was about a year ago, so dont worry about, they arent smart enough to keep track of who pays them, they are deffo not smart enough to take it to court.

Their hit rate on number plates is really low
    A very carefully worded FOI request would find out the truth.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fdearle wrote: »
    Its a nuisance to expect people traveling away from the country on business or holidays to find an internet cafe before 8pm the following day in order to pay some damn toll.

and thats why you can use the telephone to pay as well, just call before you fly out or alternatively setup a on-line account to automatically deduct the fee (if you trust them :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

Of course you can use the phone if you want to pay roaming charges from the other side of the atlantic. And who calls eFlow from the airport to fix up a toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

fdearle wrote: »
    Of course you can use the phone if you want to pay roaming charges from the other side of the atlantic. And who calls eFlow from the airport to fix up a toll.

Pay before you leave the country, before you even leave your house. You can pay the tolls up front, just ring, or go online, and pay for 2 crossings, if that's what you're going to be doing, then it's done and you've nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Avabanana

First job I've ever had, and it was an utter shambles. I know I'm not supposed to really talk about it, but we lost the contract for "poor customer care". Let me tell you something, and it's probably been said before, but the reason it took so long for us agents to handle refunds/track payments etc was because we just had no support from the Management.

Their policies changed like every other day.
    I.e. Around the start, we were told to promote the opening of an account, or face a disciplinary.
    Around April, we were told that if we DID promote an account, we would face a disciplinary.

The reason? Poor judgement. Opening an account could literally wipe hundreds of euros of fines from a vehicle and they were losing out. So this was taken away from us. Now consider this: most callers, in my experience, were ringing about fines they should never have got, and so the account was attractive in that respect.

And listen to this: in the comments box, there was a box which said "tick here if urgent" (or something to that effect). Do you know what happened? The issue was sent to the back of the queue.

Then there was the issue of billing motorists who already had an Eazypass tag etc.

Then there was also the issue of billing motorists who had E-Flow tags for journey's they hadn't made. Know what was behind that one? Similar license plates. The manager had the gall to suggest that the customer get a new license plate.

So consider that next time you ring E-Flow, you may be getting through to someone who is desperate to get the job done, and to help you, but whose job is being hindered by the system designed around the barrier free tolling scheme, not to mention the Head Office itself.

Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I just got a letter to say I dident pay my toll fee Northbound and Southbound.I have an eazy pay tag! and now I owe them twelve euro for my two trips past the toll.Is there any point ringing them or what should I do,please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Avabanana

Give them a ring. Obviously you don't have to pay them at their rate as you're covered by Eazypass and their rates. They should be able to cancel that for you (although I imagine it might take them some time, so be warned). It's better to alert them.

You'll still receive automated letters from the system, I think, but dont worry. Just as long as you tell them, it should get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Thanks Avabanana will do that,hope it works,will I need the number on my tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

my god, i have something good to say about Eflow....i'm in shock!##

basically i forgot to pay my 2-way passage and then went on hols and missing the 14 day window in which to pay, the upshot being that I ended up with a letter charging E47.50 for each way:(

however, i did pay the 6 quid about 2 days later (say,day 16). i rang today to pay the balance and was astonished to be told that they could wave the fee but would have to charge 12 euro in late fees, but seeing as i already paid 6 of that my account would be in credit by 6(meaning my next 2 passages were free!)

am delighted! the dude said they do this once for an account,must be policy!or they're just desperate for some good press!

Advertisement