Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

So what's the story on this E-flow company ? I received a letter/bill 6euro from them stating/asking as follows .

"Vehicle Registration Number 01Dxxxxx having been recorded making use of the M50 on the 6th June 2009 at 13:22 without paying the toll"

My car was parked at Knock Airport on that date and at that time.

further down the page of the letter it says "sorry if you have received this letter in error "

I wrote back to customerservice@eflow.ie saying "Could you send me a picture of the Vehicle so that I can match it to the make/model of my Vehicle."

The auto responder to my mail... sent me to their site asking me to set up an account so that my query would be tracked more efficiently . I ignored giving anything to their phishing information site and have not heard from them since .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure you get a picture of the car entering / exiting / parked at Knock in your defence !!

Did you pay Knock parking by CC, have you the bill ??

Airports have very high def cameras .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

ignore the letter,i got one before and rang them. they were pretty uncaring about it and didn't really ask any questions about proving that my car was elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

shindig-jp wrote: »
    So what's the story on this E-flow company ? I received a letter/bill 6euro from them stating/asking as follows .

"Vehicle Registration Number 01Dxxxxx having been recorded making use of the M50 on the 6th June 2009 at 13:22 without paying the toll"

My car was parked at Knock Airport on that date and at that time.

To be honest if you just give them a call and give them your reg they can check for you if it was one of the 200 mistakes a day and it will be cancelled.
    Or on this page http://www.eflow.ie/news/index.htm select incorrect vehicle cancellation and it will ask for your reg and the number on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

holly1 wrote: »
    I just got a letter to say I dident pay my toll fee Northbound and Southbound.I have an eazy pay tag! and now I owe them twelve euro for my two trips past the toll.Is there any point ringing them or what should I do,please.

If you ring them with your tag number I think, they can cancel it or you can do it online here http://erp5.eflow.ie/str_cancellation/ and put in the number of each journey(STR or something).
    If it happens a bit should prob give easy pass a call to see if there is/was a problem with the account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

Being british maybe I am not getting the eflow thing here. They tell you it is designed to save time and be cheap. It dosent do any of that. ok Time when I have finished my journey on the m50, I have to drive to a place where i can then pay, and not everyshop or petrol station lets me do this. Cheap after driving to the pay shop probibly had to pay for parking, there are very few places now I can stop at the shop and run in without the risk of getting a ticket. its not like I can pay it during the week when shopping, it has to be paid within a few hours or i may as well have taken a taxi in the first place. I only use the m50 two three times a year. chaps I think the Irish people are yet again being given it up the backside by there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

lm7 wrote: »
    Being british maybe I am not getting the eflow thing here. They tell you it is designed to save time and be cheap. It dosent do any of that. ok Time when I have finished my journey on the m50, I have to drive to a place where i can then pay, and not everyshop or petrol station lets me do this. Cheap after driving to the pay shop probibly had to pay for parking, there are very few places now I can stop at the shop and run in without the risk of getting a ticket. its not like I can pay it during the week when shopping, it has to be paid within a few hours or i may as well have taken a taxi in the first place. I only use the m50 two three times a year. chaps I think the Irish people are yet again being given it up the backside by there own.

Did you know you can pay on the internet and over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Not sure if it should be here or i the eflow Thread but here it goes.

Warning for any other users like me with a 2nd tag from Eazypass

Last year while Eazypass was still around I requested a 2nd tag as it was free of admin charges, so the charge each month should be €1.21 per month (have an email from them confirming that) for both tags, today while checking at the transactions in my account I can see that each month I was €2.13 as admin charges, I can only check as far as May so will have to assume that's been like that probably since they change over from Eazypass to Easytrip sometime late last year.

I still have the old email from when I requested the 2nd tag so I replied back asking for a refund. Will see what they have to say.

You can see an archive page from Feb 2008 here last FAQ on the page.

Also did anyone know if they send any amendment to their T&C's when they change over or any communication at all form them? None to me as far as I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

benifa wrote: »
    Did you know you can pay on the internet and over the phone?
    That's super if you have a credit card, lots of people don't. I've never had one and wouldn't get one just for eflow.

I do agree lm7, it's not at all time saving or convenient for the individual, especially an infrequent user.

Between our massive road tax and years of tolls, we have paid for that bridge / road by now. All we are doing at this stage is paying Toll collectors wages.

Sinderella wrote: »
    That's super if you have a credit card, lots of people don't. I've never had one and wouldn't get one just for eflow.

No credit card required. You can pay online or over the phone with Laser.

• Advertisement

No credit card required. You can pay online or over the phone with Laser.

There is no Laser in Britain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

lm7 wrote: »
    Being british maybe I am not getting the eflow thing here.

I don't think it's because you're British, most Irish don't get it either. It's more expensive, more time consuming, and more irritating than the old toll used to be. If you don't have a credit card, and are not a regular user, it can be quite difficult to pay.

There is no Laser in Britain

Indeed, but the M50 is not in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jor el wrote: »
    I don't think it's because you're British, most Irish don't get it either. It's more expensive, more time consuming, and more irritating than the old toll used to be. If you don't have a credit card, and are not a regular user, it can be quite difficult to pay.

Isn't it also more expensive than before the gov took it over. Mainly because VAT is no longer charged but wasn't deducted from the actual charge. Therefore they are getting 21% more than they were. This affects businesses who can claim VAT.

However, I'm sure that has been debated to death. I just don't like the M50 idea any more and never use it. In fact, I was rushing to the doctor about 6 months ago. I was in dire pain and the stubborn arse in me went through city centre rather than give those arses any more money. Damn that pain was soooooooo worth it. :(

EDIT : Oh, just in case some of you missed it, check this out.

Indeed, but the M50 is not in Britain.

Believe it or not, people outside of Dublin, even outside of the State actually use the M50.
    Didn't think that would be news, but there ya go!

Believe it or not, people outside of Dublin, even outside of the State actually use the M50.
    Didn't think that would be news, but there ya go!

Believe it or not, people from Ireland drive in central London, but they can't use Laser to pay the congestion charge there, just like UK residents with Solo/Switch cards can't use their cards to pay the M50 toll here.

Believe it or not, people from Ireland drive in central London, but they can't use Laser to pay the congestion charge there, just like UK residents with Solo/Switch cards can't use their cards to pay the M50 toll here.

Yes... and...?
    :confused:

Yes... and...?
    :confused:

Can you not see it? My point is, you can't expect a merchant (of any description) to accept every payment method in existence in every country of the world - even from those countries closest to us.

It would be great if they did though, but hardly viable.

Can you not see it? My point is, you can't expect a merchant (of any description) to accept every payment method in existence in every country of the world - even from those countries closest to us.

It would be great if they did though, but hardly viable.

No, sorry, can't see your point because they accept cash as payment in shops and garages.

And so we return to the point of how inconvenient it is for irregular users.

Should we dance as we go round in circles here Benifa?
    ;)

No, sorry, can't see your point because they accept cash as payment in shops and garages.

Indeed they do accept cash. Just to confirm, in the shops and garages you are referring to, do they accept UK currency?

• Advertisement

Indeed they do accept cash. Just to confirm, in the shops and garages you are referring to, do they accept UK currency?

Can't say I've checked them. Aren't you being a tad rediculous now?

dancing.gif

Ah off to The Thunderdome with the pair of ye.

Can't say I've checked them. Aren't you being a tad rediculous now?

I give up.

Back on topic, I think the M50 toll is a joke and I try to avoid using it at all times.

Back off topic, I don't find it unreasonable that an Irish merchant does not accept foreign debit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Not sure if it should be here or i the eflow Thread but here it goes.

Warning for any other users like me with a 2nd tag from Eazypass

Last year while Eazypass was still around I requested a 2nd tag as it was free of admin charges, so the charge each month should be €1.21 per month (have an email from them confirming that) for both tags, today while checking at the transactions in my account I can see that each month I was €2.13 as admin charges, I can only check as far as May so will have to assume that's been like that probably since they change over from Eazypass to Easytrip sometime late last year.

I still have the old email from when I requested the 2nd tag so I replied back asking for a refund. Will see what they have to say.

You can see an archive page from Feb 2008 here last FAQ on the page.

Also did anyone know if they send any amendment to their T&C's when they change over or any communication at all form them? None to me as far as I can recall.

Merged into megathread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

RangeR wrote: »
    Isn't it also more expensive than before the gov took it over. Mainly because VAT is no longer charged but wasn't deducted from the actual charge. Therefore they are getting 21% more than they were. This affects businesses who can claim VAT.

Yes, I think that's true. Even leaving VAT aside, the last time I paid at the barrier, it was €1.90, or €2, now it costs €3 unless you have a tag or pre-registered card with them (which I wouldn't do, given there penchant for false readings), which is an increase of over 50% since the barrier was removed.

Back on topic, I think the M50 toll is a joke and I try to avoid using it at all times.
    Couldn't agree more :D

Back off topic, I don't find it unreasonable that an Irish merchant does not accept foreign debit cards.
    Again, couldn't agree more.

I give up.
    Quick recap:
    Poster said they were British, found it difficult to pay and lengthens their journey.
    You suggested a credit card.
    I agreed, it's difficult to pay and lengthens the journey for infrequent users. I said not everyone is willing to get a credit card just to pay tolls.
    You then suggested Laser, which they don't have in Britain.
    End of point right there I would've thought.
    :cool:

RangeR, what's the Thunderdome, and more importantly, will Mel Gibson be there??

Poster said they were British, found it difficult to pay and lengthens their journey.
    You suggested a credit card.
    I agreed, it's difficult to pay and lengthens the journey for infrequent users. I said not everyone is willing to get a credit card just to pay tolls.
    You then suggested Laser, which they don't have in Britain.
    End of point right there I would've thought.

Riiiiiight, now I see why we couldn't understand each other. :)

When the poster said he's British I didn't assume that he was a visitor from the UK - I (probably incorrectly) assumed he lived here, and thought nothing of it (there's loads of Brits resident in Ireland - I'm one of them).

You (probably correctly) assumed that he was a visitor from the UK, and so I now see that you were posting with that in mind (e.g., they don't have Laser cards in the UK).

So, my fault for not picking up on the fact that we were talking about a visitor from the UK. I apologise. :)

As it goes, I think the poster is partly to blame for saying "being British," rather than, "being a visitor from Britain,".. :P

I think the poster is partly to blame for saying "being British,"

I think we can all agree on that one.

Total joke before the PC brigade start chiming in.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, ok, gotcha benifa.
    Sorry for the confooshion.
    Can we still dance?
    :D

Did anyone find Mel Gibson?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I got a notice from the eflow people saying I was on whatever road they toll and I was going in two different directions at the same time. Dont ask me how I was doing this.

Anyhow, I sent in a request to see some kind of evidence of this and I have heard nothing back. This was last March.

Advertisement