Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey Guys,

I went through the westlink twice on friday night (10pm and 11:45pm) And I only got around to paying the toll this morning. I paid the toll thinking i had till 8 this evening to pay, but it was till 8 yesterday :o

Anyone know what the story is for the above? Do they have any leeway on times or do I just ring them and pay the extra €3 per trip?

on the same note, why cant you pay the late fee online?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

I got a notice from the eflow people saying I was on whatever road they toll and I was going in two different directions at the same time. Dont ask me how I was doing this.

Anyhow, I sent in a request to see some kind of evidence of this and I have heard nothing back. This was last March.

Friend of mine got a letter this morning from eflow stating that he went northbound last wednesday we both live in Mayo and I can say for sure he was not in Dublin last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Even though my account was fully paid up in June. I seem to have suddenly been charged will all the tolls from Jan till now again in one sum. Last time they had a problem updating the expiry on my credit card. Kept fining me even after multiple phone calls. They must be swamped from all the work this is causing them.

The software they are using is brutal. Not just the number plater stuff but the basic billing software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

Got a letter ( well my wife did) demanding payment of €3 toll...and a €3 additional charge for driving on the M50 last week. The car is registered to her...but it's my car really.

Two problems with this, we live in the West and neither of us have been anywhere near Dublin in over 6 months and the car in question has been off the road for 3 months.

E-flow only provide a pay 1890 number, but thanks to www.saynoto1890.com I called them at 01-6602511. After being on hold for 15 minutes, the girl wouldn't talk to me because the car is registered to the wife, although if it was registered to a bloke who wasn't me she'd talk to me. The wife eventually called and spoke to someone and after checking their records they admitted there was a read error and said " as a good will gesture we won't charge you". My wife who is a lot calmer than me flipped asking how is it a good-will gesture if you admit it was a mistake!!

After reading all of the other issues here, I find it really scary. If we did live closer to Dublin and/or the car was on the road, we probably would have assumed it was legit and payed. This is terrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I called them to pay a toll and the guy said what kind of car is it and I changed the colour and make of the car and the guy says, eh hold on sir, thats not the car I have here in the photo so Im going to cancel the charge for you. I was only having a laugh by saying it but it worked :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sizzler wrote: »
    I called them to pay a toll and the guy said what kind of car is it and I changed the colour and make of the car and the guy says, eh hold on sir, thats not the car I have here in the photo so Im going to cancel the charge for you. I was only having a laugh by saying it but it worked :)
    Epic win there! :D

Well done! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dragonlady

Hi, Am wondering if anyone has been in my situation. I have 2 tags in operation, one on a car and 2nd on a mercedes sprinter van, 2.2 ton. My tag has been going since july 09. last week we used the eastlink, and the price of 5.15 came up on both trips through. asked the cashier at the desk, she said we were being charged for a heavy goods veichle with more than 4 axles.......
    told me to ring eflow. which i did the following morning. have to say they passed the buck, told me to ring vehicle registration in shannon, as they said our van was showing up on their records as having 5 axles......doh.
    Armed with my logbook I rang shannon, very helpful, but says van is correctly registered as 2.2ton, and only one axle......shannon assured me they would contact eflow and sort it.
    Today I get call from eflow again passing the buck, saying they cannot change it on their system without shannons approval. even though its correct in shannon.
    as it stands i am being overcharged on every trip. and it automatically come off my credit card...
    have asked for all my statements from eflow......any advice, anyone been in same situation.......cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dragonlady wrote: »
    have asked for all my statements from eflow......any advice, anyone been in same situation.......cheers.

They have photos of every car that passes. Ask them for photo evidence of your 5 axle earth mover. It's obviously a fault with their system. It's not your concern if the problem lies with eFlow or Shannon. they are falsely charging you. that should be the road you go down.

If no joy, write a formal letter of complaint to eFlow requesting resolution within 10 business days.

If that fails, you may want to contact Small Claims Court.

+1 what he said. They have to prove it. Does the reg cert not say the number of axles.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dragonlady

Hiya, Yes reg cert says one axle. I got statements from eflow. they had been charging 7.10 on n4 as well. any wonder Im broke.
    Say they will refund me, but that they still cant change it on their system. even though shannon have been onto them 3 times. nice customer service person says all they can do at the moment is " keep an eye on my account"
    Im considering just sending the tags back.

• Advertisement

Think I'd cancel it then re-register. Took 6 months for them to correct my account. They couldn't update my payment details so kept sending me fines for non payment. What a dire system. When I changed car I had to send them a copy of the cars registration form. They obviously have poor links to the Registration Office in Shannon.

Hey Guys,

I went through the westlink twice on friday night (10pm and 11:45pm) And I only got around to paying the toll this morning. I paid the toll thinking i had till 8 this evening to pay, but it was till 8 yesterday :o

Anyone know what the story is for the above? Do they have any leeway on times or do I just ring them and pay the extra €3 per trip?

on the same note, why cant you pay the late fee online?

I paid late once and never heard a word
    I also forgot to pay entirely one time, so I rang up and asked
    "no, there's no charge on this account"
    "eh what but I went through"
    "nope, no charge outstanding"
    fair enough so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 holly23

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    His reg no could not have been recorded if he was not near the toll bridge. Its more likely that someones elses reg, a very similiar one to his, passed through and they messed up and sent the letter to him.

While they are incompetent ninnies I can't see them plucking reg nos out of the air to charge for the fun of it.................although it seems that way sometimes :pac:

I have to say, I have seen regs where the screw holding the plate in makes a 6 look like an 8 etc, that kind of thing.

Don't bother emailing them btw, I am still waiting for responses to emails from last September :eek:

If you phone them get the names of the people you are talking to, and the time and how long the conversation lasted. Be as detailed as possible, it will stand to you if they keep harassing you (your Dad).

you say his reg number cannot be recorded if he was not near the toll: My father got a letter from Eflow to say he owed money for a tractor that went to the toll once, however this has not moved in years. They havent got a clue what they are doing. I went through the toll and paid online, then repeatly got letters from them saying i owed around 40 odd Euro each way even though I had paid on line and had proof Got harrassed with letter after letter and ending up paying it to keep them off my back. Since then i have never used the M50 again, i would rather go through the city than pay those theives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I paid the toll for two journeys. As I am aware that eflow has a terrible reputation I phoned the following day to check if they had received the payments. The guy said there was no charges on the car.

A few weeks later I get a letter of increased charges for unpaid tolls. I ring them up and they say they have no record of payment. I tell them that I phoned on such and such a day and they and was told my account was clear. The woman told me that I didn't make a call as they had no record of it!!! Idiots.

They are criminals and fraudsters pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    I paid the toll for two journeys. As I am aware that eflow has a terrible reputation I phoned the following day to check if they had received the payments. The guy said there was no charges on the car.

A few weeks later I get a letter of increased charges for unpaid tolls. I ring them up and they say they have no record of payment. I tell them that I phoned on such and such a day and they and was told my account was clear. The woman told me that I didn't make a call as they had no record of it!!! Idiots.

They are criminals and fraudsters pure and simple.

Always write down the payment reference number (if on the phone) or take a screenshot of the receipt if paying online. It's the only way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dudara wrote: »
    Always write down the payment reference number (if on the phone) or take a screenshot of the receipt if paying online. It's the only way.

or just record the call like I've done :)
    Nice handy record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

dudara wrote: »

I should be fine anyway. Have the payments recorded on my credit card statements. Eflow got my money, whatever they did with it is their own problem. Its a total joke the way the rep tries to convince me that the whole thing is my fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LydiaF

I am also in a situation with eflow over recent payments I made to them last week.. I've had a very fustrating two phone calls to them over the situation and now I am going to let it go to court!

I payed for 4 toll passages on the same day using the website, payment went through it said. I never wrote down the number they give you when you pay, because it thanked me for paying so I thought it was okay. Now I have a huge fine which I am not paying. I rung up to see if the payments went through that day to them from my credit card, they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well then you didn't pay them.

Send them €12 and leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LydiaF

I think there's problems with their website. It's the second time it's happened to me paying through the website where it's said I've paid and payment hasn't gone through. Only going to pay using the phone number in the future! Anyone else had this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You are mad to be ringing up wasting your time and money. Just ignore all the letters and let them sort their own mess out.

Exactly.

I've been there... received the letters on a couple of occasions telling me I drove through the toll bridge when I hadn't been anywhere near Dublin for 6 months in my car.

The first time I sent them an email via their website (no acknowledgement from them either)... I'll be damned if I was going to waste my own money calling them.

The second time I just chucked the letter in the bin.

If the debt collector called I'd tell him to f-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jpb1974 wrote: »
    The first time I sent them an email via their website (no acknowledgement from them either)... I'll be damned if I was going to waste my own money calling them..

I was sending them an email via the web form once, and I noticed after sending the email, if i clicked back on the browers, it called up and form and it was still filled in, so i click send again and again and again.

I got bored with this after five/ten minutes, but it was the fastest response i ever had from them.

Advertisement