Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart in Wexford

• 28-10-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

The last thread has literally gone to ****!!
    So anyone from wexford/waterford going to see the show in wexford saturday night??

Im looking forward to meeting bret, i fully plan on being in whites hotel all day at the bar incase he appears, i shall be buying him a pint!!
    If he dosent appear in the bar then im afraid im gonna be a drunken mess by the time the show starts!!

no change there so!!

Joe e Legend was a total class act the last show he was at in Wexford, talked to us for ages before the show and then hung about after the show in the bar with us till all hours, more than happy to talk wrestling!! We gave him a huge pop during the show bcuz of that, and he'l get another huge one saturday!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LanceStorm wrote: »
    The last thread has literally gone to ****!!
    So anyone from wexford/waterford going to see the show in wexford saturday night??

Im looking forward to meeting bret, i fully plan on being in whites hotel all day at the bar incase he appears, i shall be buying him a pint!!
    If he dosent appear in the bar then im afraid im gonna be a drunken mess by the time the show starts!!

no change there so!!!!

Bret mentioned he had a pint the prior NIGH on a radio show appearence last week, so he does (still) drink.
    Joe e Legend was a total class act the last show he was at in Wexford, talked to us for ages before the show and then hung about after the show in the bar with us till all hours, more than happy to talk wrestling!! We gave him a huge pop during the show bcuz of that, and he'l get another huge one saturday!!

Joe is a class act it has to be said. It is sad that someone like that isnt in a major company as he is a great representive for everything he is a part of IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

rovert wrote: »
    Joe is a class act it has to be said. It is sad that someone like that isnt in a major company as he is a great representive for everything he is a part of IMO.

Fully agree, sandman, test and most of the irish wrestlers were all pissed having been drinking solidly in the bar before the matinee show had ever started, never mind the show that night.

Joe had tons of time for the kids and really made our night by letting drunken eejits wear the ear off him all night!!

He even noticed my Lance Storm t-shirt, what more in the world can you ask for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Yar, Ill be there, scouring the hotel waiting to bump into the man. I will have my book and dvd to be signed and the camera well charged for the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Is the Wexford venue a big place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

yeah whites hotel is fairly huge, its a bit too classy for wrestling if anything!!
    will feel slightly odd hanging about in a wrestling t-shirt n not a suit!!

• Advertisement

I think I read somewhere their main theatre holds 1,000 people. I dont know how it is with a ring and so on though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

I'm goin to the wexford show lokin forword to meetin bret my brother offered me €50 to chant HBK when he's in the ring and wear a michaels t-shirt and get him to sign my Shawn Michaels DVD but i refused of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

yeah whites hotel is fairly huge, its a bit too classy for wrestling if anything!!
    will feel slightly odd hanging about in a wrestling t-shirt n not a suit!!

Yeah this surprised me too. We had our work do there last year and it was a stayover. Still have fond memories with the work crowd singing Garth Brooks (of all f*cking things) at 6am in the morning in the lobby, completely binned!

Whytes is huge, but i'm not sure where they'd put the ring there. But the conference rooms are very classy there. I'd love to see it full of wrestling fans actually!

Just wonderin is it assigned seats or first come fist served

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Eugster wrote: »
    I'm goin to the wexford show lokin forword to meetin bret my brother offered me €50 to chant HBK when he's in the ring and wear a michaels t-shirt and get him to sign my Shawn Michaels DVD but i refused of course

I still have the wrestlemania 13 silvervision video, it'd have been nice to get him to sign the back of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I saw people had brought in Wrestlemania X covers for him to sign at one stage too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I saw people had brought in Wrestlemania X covers for him to sign at one stage too. :)

Ooh yeah, that'd be nice! Best ever opening PPV match wwf ever had! Including the Rey/Kurt angle from SSlam whenever

Just wonderin is it assigned seats or first come fist served

AFAIK all seats are unreserved

Just wonderin wil sabu be there and whats the story with the mexican midgets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just wonderin wil sabu be there and whats the story with the mexican midgets

Was front row at the Cork show last night.

The wrestlers in attendance were: Bret Hart (ofc), Tatanka, Sabu, Eugene, Scotty 2 Hotty, Joe E Legend, Joey Cabray (had a great match), Rene Dupree, Cannonball Grisly, Paddy Morrow, The mexican mini wrestlers and one or two more whos names i can't think of right now.

There was a meet and greet before, during the interval and after the show to meet the face wrestlers and get stuff signed. €5 per photo/autograph. I didn't know this going in so had to miss out on pics with tatanka and eugene but got pics with scotty and of course the hitman.

btw whoever the girl with Joey Cabray is, is seriously hot :eek:

thanks for the info

Advertisement