Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom netopia modem cant find ip address

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey my mum had eircom hooked up at work just recently. I managed to set it up for her no problems but today it cut out for apparantly no reason. She talked to eircom support ..... Now it can't find the DNS server or ip address

Help please!
    oh and i cant access the router anymore for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Reset it, theres a button at the back, you have to hold it for a few seconds until it clicks.

Major jip with eirgay myself tonight. Your not on your own.

Does the DSL sync light turn green or stay red?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Reset it, theres a button at the back, you have to hold it for a few seconds until it clicks.

Major jip with eirgay myself tonight. Your not on your own.

Does the DSL sync light turn green or stay red?
    Well it stays green no bother but the internet light doesnt come on at all not green or red.

hmm that sucks. Might be a problem with the cables/filter/socket.

I had a problem where my light went red sometimes when the phone line wasn't connected properly to either my surge protector or router. Problem turned out to be the cable though. Replaced it and it was fine.

Although your problem, DSL light being green and no internet light whatsoever is a strange one.

was red then turned off completly so dont know what the story is

Try it in the morning and if its not green by then you should ring them or fob it off on someone else because i tell you, they will wreck your head.

"Did you install the eircom software" etc.

Have you been able to access the router at 192.168.1.254 since you reset it?

• Advertisement

"Did you install the eircom software" etc.

Have you been able to access the router at 192.168.1.254 since you reset it?
    i'll try tomorrow
    cheers i owe ya one

No problem, let us know how you got on.

Ya that worked perfectly, her fax machine keeps turning it off so i'll have to get that fixed cheers tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Filters filters everywhere!

If its getting dropped when the fax is in use then you should replace the filter on the fax.

MC

Ya that worked perfectly, her fax machine keeps turning it off so i'll have to get that fixed cheers tho.

Advertisement