Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI-E X 16 Riser Ribbon

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey All,
    Does anyone know a good stockist in ireland for PIC-Express 16 riser ribbons?. They seem to be relatively new, and the only place ive found so far for them is U.S.

Thanks
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Relatively new indeed....I'm not exactly clear as to why they would need these at all. Does it make the card stand taller in the slot? Or does it let you move the card to a different slotspace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chrispatt45

yes, it basically gives you a little movement for placement of the PCI device. In my case, the graphics card is too big to slot into the pci-e 16 slot because of the fan size and heat sink for the cpu, the riser cable will allow me to slot further down the board :) In theory, they should be really easy to get/make, but unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I just threw it into google and there are loads of sites, although mostly in the US.

And just to be clear, this is what you are looking for yeah?

PE-FLEX16-1new.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 chrispatt45

I think thats the one yeh, it needs to be PCI-E X16. I was wondering if anyone knew local distributors for them, I dont want to ship from america because it will take too long to arrive, and even if it does arrive quickley, it will cost me a small fortune :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you'll be happy to know that googling pci-e x16 riser ribbon brings you right back here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hey All,
    Does anyone know a good stockist in ireland for PIC-Express 16 riser ribbons?. They seem to be relatively new, and the only place ive found so far for them is U.S.

Thanks
    Chris

If you use this, how do you actually secure the card? Does it rely totally on the one screw or slot lever holding it to the backplate?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

good point.

Advertisement