Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a dboys scar

Options
  • 29-10-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Looking on advice on upgrading a d-boys scar. I was thinking of adding a longer barrell & a new motor. I heard that the gearbox is already upgraded but I could be talking crap coz I'm new to this so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to Troubleshooting sub-forum.

If it isn't broken don't fix it is the best advice I can give you.

Why do you want to upgrade?
    What are you looking to achieve?
    More range?
    Higher RoF?

Decide what you want to do first, then figure out how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

buzzymcg wrote: »
    Looking on advice on upgrading a d-boys scar. I was thinking of adding a longer barrell & a new motor. I heard that the gearbox is already upgraded but I could be talking crap coz I'm new to this so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance

Ya could add a longer 6.04 barrel and run it through the barrel extension, a

new motor would be good and also maybe bearing bushings, the stock ones

are nylon and a reshim :).

It's pretty goood as standard...the only thing I'd do to it really is add a Guarder silicone hop up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Too true if it aint broke dont fix it.
    Although swapping motors will probably be the easiest thing you can do. However you will want to make sure that the motor does not have too high of a rpm or it could damage the gearbox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Id do the bushings and shims first, then motor.

but before all that id get a tightbore barrel and a gaurder silicone hopup rubber.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

kdouglas wrote: »
    Moved to Troubleshooting sub-forum.

If it isn't broken don't fix it is the best advice I can give you.

Why do you want to upgrade?
    What are you looking to achieve?
    More range?
    Higher RoF?

Decide what you want to do first, then figure out how to do it.
    Was looking to upgrade the range. I'm not really concerned about rof but everyone seems in agreement about the hop up, thanks for the advice folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

If you are comfortable with opening the gearbox, simply re-shimming it can give a much better running gearbox with less noise and quite often a minor increase in RoF.

The tightbore barrel and the guarder silicone hopup rubber will give you a decent increase in range and accuracy and are not too difficult to install either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

kdouglas wrote: »
    If you are comfortable with opening the gearbox, simply re-shimming it can give a much better running gearbox with less noise and quite often a minor increase in RoF.

The tightbore barrel and the guarder silicone hopup rubber will give you a decent increase in range and accuracy and are not too difficult to install either.
    That sounds like it should be handy enough to organize. Will give it a go and let everyone know how I got on. Never opened a gearbox before so it should be fun.

Advertisement