Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done for no tax.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dave147 wrote: »
    Where are you getting 9 days? Wednesday I paid the VRT, pulled on Sunday, 2 and a half working days, unless you can explain how to tax a UK car in Ireland? I also dont see how I'm pwned?

Tax is suppoed to be paid from the day after it's imported (ie when it's vrt'd) so the count starts from then, not if and when you decide to register the car. Anyway, it's well established by now we are talkign about a lot longer than 9 days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Based on what exactly?

Yeah you're right there, just because I intend to pay it doesn't mean a guard is going to believe me, lads I'm lost with these links from my carzone ad. VRT wasn't paid at the time because I couldn't afford to pay it (reason I was selling..)

Yeah you're right there, just because I intend to pay it doesn't mean a guard is going to believe me,

and why should he. Who the hell is going to tell him they just werent bothered but decided to break the law and drive it anyway?

Incidentally, I'll hold my hand up on the VRT score and let it be known I waited longer than legally allowed. I brought my car in on a Sunday night and it was around 3 on Tues afternoon before it was VRT'd.

I thought I made it clear I dont regret dodging the VRT, I know the consequences if I get caught, I didn't but it was only a matter of time before I did. So my old fella gave me the cash and I owe him half back. Right, try again.

Stekelly wrote: »
    and why should he. Who the hell is going to tell him they just werent bothered but decided to break the law and drive it anyway?

Incidentally, I'll hold my hand up on the VRT score and let it be known I waited longer than legally allowed. I brought my car in on a Sunday night and it was around 3 on Tues afternoon before it was VRT'd.

I love reading your posts, can't help but picture you as an angry man behind your computer, every time I see a post by Stekelly I expect it to be an attack on the op and I'm usually correct. Didnt I just agree about a guard not believing an excuse about tax, why do you bring it up again when I've already made the point.

• Advertisement

I thought I made it clear I dont regret dodging the VRT, I know the consequences if I get caught, I didn't but it was only a matter of time before I did. So my old fella gave me the cash and I owe him half back. Right, try again.

We're talkign about tax here though, which you say you have no problem paying. Having a car that cant be taxed does not mean you gain some moral victory because you would pay tax if you could (woe is me, the evil government overlords are oppressign me)

I love reading your posts, can't help but picture you as an angry man behind your computer, every time I see a post by Stekelly I expect it to be an attack on the op and I'm usually correct. Didnt I just agree about a guard not believing an excuse about tax, why do you bring it up again when I've already made the point.

Well seeing as a good chunk of threads involve people whinging and moanign about some part of the law they were caught breaking, I dont see what the problem is with calling a spade a spade. People are big and bold enough when flouting laws but very quick to start throwing toys out of the pram when caught by the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

VRT wasn't paid at the time because I couldn't afford to pay it (reason I was selling..)

Think you're on a serious loser here, mate. Reckon I'd quit now....

They're two separate entities though, I am all for paying my taxes, any Irish car I've owned has been taxed, ive never been unemployed or on the dole so ive paid alot of tax and got nothing back per se, the VRT is a different story, not looking for any moral victory, just trying not to give away free money too easily, as I said I'm well aware of the consequences so your arguing with me over not paying it is null and void, to me anyway. So you know this much about me, am I really going to pay my VRT just so I can tax her? Hells no!! I have that car ages, long before May 08, I fail to see how any of you can catch me out when I'm not lying about anything.

@Stekelly I take your point but I'll get over my crimes.

Think you're on a serious loser here, mate. Reckon I'd quit now....

Right.. And how you work that out exactly?

• Advertisement

Right.. And how you work that out exactly?

Get off your high horse and read the posts. You're admitting to dodging taxes. Nobody likes paying taxes whether we agree they are just or otherwise but to come on here and persist with your moral crusade despite not one person agreeing with anything you have to say-why are you even bothering? What's to be achieved?

I'm sorry I dodged VRT mister. I'm not on any moral mission buddy, I didn't bring up dodging VRT in this thread, I asked nothing about VRT, I dont care if you dont agree with me really, i admit driving for a period on foreign plates, big fking deal, I got away with it and probably wouldn't have for much longer, not trying to boast just glad I saved a few quid off those thieving scum, I should probably be locked up, I'm a danger to tax payers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anan1 wrote: »
    Taxing a car online takes less time than it took you to type this post. If you're apologetic in court then the judge might well let you off, seeing as you did tax the car in the end. Go in with an attitude of 'the law doesn't apply to me and the Garda's a w@nker for thinking it does' though, and you'll in all probability get a bigger fine.

You can't tax a car online if you just brought it through, you have to use a form.

I was in my tax office paying my tax in May, queued for half an hour, got up to the counter and your man told me I had to have a Garda stamp saying the car was off the road for ONE WORKING DAY. I nearly jumped over the counter and stabbed him with his pen. Had to drive to a Garda station and back through miles of traffic, I told the Garda what he said and he just said "Jesus" and shook his head.

I was trying to give him €1150 and he wouldn't take it, absolute arse.

Go on, someone say it, he was doing his job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

He was doing his job.

Well maybe Iwon't bother then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Priceless! :D

Major pwnage!!

It's car crash internetz at it's best.

*dig dig dig*

As far as that guard knew I had only brought in the car, didn't ask me anything he just took the time to pull me over so I suppose he was obliged to do something, I'm not upset about it, wanted opinions but the thread was hijacked by bitter customs officials apparently. I was pulled due to my plates btw, was doing the speed limit.

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Priceless! :D

Major pwnage!!

It's car crash internetz at it's best.

*dig dig dig*
    Try reading the thread instead of making a retarded post which in turn makes you look like a retard..

I'm STILL struggling to see where this pwnage is coming from..?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've some sympathy for you Dave. You can be sure theirs hundreds of twisted truths by members on here every week and you never find out about them....

Well maybe Iwon't bother then....

Yeah its getting a bit boring for me too I enjoyed the replies though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Um.. ok where to start...

First you start off by blatantly lying and telling everyone that the car is only 2 days or so in Ireland..

Then it turns out it's at least 9 days..

9 days turns into months..

There's you gloating how you've been dodging VRT and how great it is..

... a few epsiodes of Customs later, you get scared and go running off to Daddy to get him to pay the VRT for you..

And lets not forget the countless times where you've contradicted yourself in this thread alone which were later disproven..

Need I really go on? :pac:

Seriously, step away from the computer.

How much bigger of a hole can you dig?

Step away..

... No, wait actually, don't, tis highly amusing!

When did I say the car was in the country 2 days? I didn't, did I moron.. Didn't run to daddy either he suggested it to me. I'll repeat myself, TRY AGAIN?

Also the car has clearly been in my sig awhile, god some people..

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

boardsie08 wrote: »
    First you start off by blatantly lying and telling everyone that the car is only 2 days or so in Ireland..

no he didn't, read the thread again. he said it was 2 days without tax, not 2 days in the country. Ok, so he didn'y pay VRT on time, big fcuking whoop!

As far as that Garda was concerned the car was VRT'd immediately on arrival, and had been put on Irish plates...he wouldn't have been any the wiser as to when it came into the country. The OPs point was that he didn't have the car taxed.

Have a go at him if ye want, I'm not defending him or anybody else here, but read the fcuking thread properly, pisses me off when people start having a go on boards without reading threads properly! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

To be honest for boasting on boards saying you scammed the vrt and held out on road tax till the end of the month and kept it on NI plates.
    Then complaing you were caught and trying to shift the blame on to a Guard. Funniest post all week.

Count yourself lucky you werent caught de-frading the VRT. Could one of the Guardai on here kindlay explain what the penelty for that is if they dont mind.

Thanks Op you made my night.

Just as funny as this (im sure you see the point though)
    opinions-keep-them-to-yourself-demotivational-poster.jpg

Already made it clear I wasnt boasting, just maintained I'm glad I kept some money in my own pocket rather than theirs. Also VRT was paid 22nd October, I already stated I intended on paying the VRT promptly, including all of October if it was necessary, you also should have read the thread and all my posts properly.

To be honest for boasting on boards saying you scammed the vrt and held out on road tax till the end of the month and kept it on NI plates.
    Then complaing you were caught and trying to shift the blame on to a Guard. Funniest post all week.

Count yourself lucky you werent caught de-frading the VRT. Could one of the Guardai on here kindlay explain what the penelty for that is if they dont mind.

Thanks Op you made my night.

Just as funny as this (im sure you see the point though)
    opinions-keep-them-to-yourself-demotivational-poster.jpg

Thanks for that image, made my night. If I was caught defrauding thats my problem, I didn't however so its a mute point. The guard did me for motor tax, I could only possibly have paid THAT tax a couple of days previous, VRT is irrelevant, as far as he was aware I'd paid my VRT straight away, boardsies know I didn't, good for you. The guard just wanted to do me for something, glorified tax collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

How much is the fine? Not much point risking court+conviction for the sake of €100 odd for example.

OP - your attitude stinks the way you dismiss any possibility of paying, and the fact you seem to have deemed it nessecary to pull the wool over they eyes of complete randomers. Get it sorted before you land yourself in deep crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Just pay the fine and be done with it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lazy. You needed road Tax.

You should never have driven without it.

Your were caught.

Pay the fine.

Dont waste the courts time because you deserved the fine.

If you didnt want a fine you should not have driven the car until Tuesday morning until you went to the tax office on the bus.

P.S Cool down a bit. Your abusive language is atrocious. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement