Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done for no tax.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not before I say "in before the lock!" :D

if someone wants to get in quick could they please explain exactly how much extra tax they have had to pay as a direct result of Dave's dodging efforts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

vibe666 wrote: »
    if someone wants to get in quick could they please explain exactly how much extra tax they have had to pay as a direct result of Dave's dodging efforts?

I see where you're going with this. Sure the amount extra in taxes everybody else will have to pay as a result of Dave's tax dodging is negligible. Probably €0.00. But that's not the point. You could say the same thing about one single person who scams the dole for years too. Or even one politician with his hand in the kitty.

But add up all those scammers and it does start to cost the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

vibe666 wrote: »
    not before I say "in before the lock!" :D

Bravo, you've entirely missed the point.

Its childish & selfish attitudes like Dave that cause insurance fraud, welfare fraud, tax evasion, etc..
    It was acceptable when you were getting "one over on the brits", but the simple fact of the matter is, you are only ripping off your own country, your neighbours. A section of society on the make, cost every body else.

However, if that attitude was to change in people like Dave, then perhaps we wouldn't see the politicians getting re-elected; we wouldn't see the cowboys. It's the attitude that is despicable. You should be proud of your country and it's society - not trying to rob from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Zulu wrote: »
    Bravo, you've entirely missed the point.

Its childish & selfish attitudes like Dave that cause insurance fraud, welfare fraud, tax evasion, etc..
    It was acceptable when you were getting "one over on the brits", but the simple fact of the matter is, you are only ripping off your own country, your neighbours. A section of society on the make, cost every body else.

However, if that attitude was to change in people like Dave, then perhaps we wouldn't see the politicians getting re-elected; we wouldn't see the cowboys. It's the attitude that is despicable. You should be proud of your country and it's society - not trying to rob from it.

The government are scamming me more than me scamming them, I pay the vrt and those crooked bastards won't even supply the plates.

Dave147 wrote: »
    The government are scamming me more than me scamming them, I pay the vrt and those crooked bastards won't even supply the plates.
    Government are taxing everyone. Taxes are used to progress our society.

Perhaps some of them are crooked. I've no doubt thats true, but that doesn't make it ok for me or anyone else to be crooked. If you have difficulty understanding that basic principle of modern society...

You aren't scamming the government, you are scamming everyone else.

• Advertisement

Government are taxing everyone. Taxes are used to progress our society.

Perhaps some of them are crooked. I've no doubt thats true, but that doesn't make it ok for me or anyone else to be crooked. If you have difficulty understanding that basic principle of modern society...

You aren't scamming the government, you are scamming everyone else.

Well if by not paying a ridiculous tax I'm scamming you, then I'll get over it. How do ya like them apples?

Somebody please think of the children!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

safety.gif

Well if by not paying a ridiculous tax I'm scamming you, then I'll get over it. How do ya like them apples?

Somebody please think of the children!!
    I would have taught my opinion was fairly clear at this point. You can be a facetious as you like, it only highlights your ignorance tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Most of the time if the tax is backpayed the judge will throw it out. I know cos it happened to me last year.

I seeee

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I would have taught my opinion was fairly clear at this point. You can be a facetious as you like, it only highlights your ignorance tbh.

ah would ya ever get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The government are scamming me more than me scamming them, daddy paid my vrt and those crooked bastards won't even supply the plates.

FYP there OP, maybe get daddy to pay half for your plates too.. ;)

FYP there OP, maybe get daddy to pay half for your plates too.. ;)

Well seeing as I just handed him 500 euro today I can say I paid it. Nah I'll take the money for the plates out of the money I 'stole' from all of you.

Good man. Well so long as you can fiddle taxes and get dig outs from Daddy you'll be sorted. :)
    Happy days.

Good man. Well so long as you can fiddle taxes and get dig outs from Daddy you'll be sorted. :)
    Happy days.

Change the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

so OP if you go to court are you willing to perjure yourself?

kida wrote: »
    so OP if you go to court are you willing to perjure yourself?

God no, I'm going to go to confession beforehand and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement