Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professional body exams

• 29-10-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

im currently a accounting student in 2nd yr. i failed an exam last year and im repeating that subject this year, im currently considering doing some doing professional bodies exams in june 09, is that possible without a degree but cant decide which body to do them with. if i go with one will i have to change when i am getting employed by a firm or does it matter, will i have to re-do them if say i did acca exams n the firm i join does cpa exams. any help wud be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

im currently a accounting student in 2nd yr. i failed an exam last year and im repeating that subject this year, im currently considering doing some doing professional bodies exams in june 09, is that possible without a degree but cant decide which body to do them with. if i go with one will i have to change when i am getting employed by a firm or does it matter, will i have to re-do them if say i did acca exams n the firm i join does cpa exams. any help wud be greatly appreciated

AFAIK the deadline for application to do the exams this summer has passed, with the ICAI at least.

Depending on what you're doing in college, you may be able to apply for some exemptions from the CAP 1 subjects with the ICAI, and probably certain ones with the other professional bodies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 hannahmum

Just to say I didnt do an accountancy degree at all (a diploma in something else with a certain amount of business studies) and I was exempt from 5 of the ACCA exams.

I am sure someone out there can help more regarding which professional body- personally I dont think it makes a difference, but if I am wrong you can be sure I will be corrected in no time at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

There has been many posts on this topice before but ultimately you are better off doing Chartered (ICAI). Many people argue about the pros and cons of each institute but ICAI is the best recognised.

I'm a CPA and if i had the choice again i would do ICAI. Regardless of which body you choose most people put the same amount o effort into preparing for exams so you're better off doing the one thats best recognised regardless of the exemptions.

Advertisement