Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when's samsung omnia arriving

• 29-10-2008 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

i'm just wondering when an irish network will announce the omnia, i've seen loads of bus stop ads from samsung advertising it
    but no sign of any network releasing it..........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 say it hasn't entered testing yet and one guess maybe end of this year / early next year.
    Source: http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=3510&postcount=28

Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Just bought one off Ebay :D

My N73's on the blink (keeps switching itself off), so with that in mind, I decided to go all out and treat myself to a new gadget! Looking forward to playing with it, although I've never had Windows Mobile before. I reckon it could be a while before it's on a contract here and it could be pricey anyway. Might be worth looking at it sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i dont trust ebay, i've spent 3days trying to get an item shipped

Don't make me paranoid! I think mine's all good, the guy says he's sending it first thing tomorrow (from the UK) so hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

yeah, good point, this is from hong kong and its only a hello kitty phone for the gf , but what can i do, christmas is coming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 woollysocks

metalfest wrote: »
    i'm just wondering when an irish network will announce the omnia, i've seen loads of bus stop ads from samsung advertising it
    but no sign of any network releasing it..........

I know those posters are everywhere. just went onto vodafone, o2 and carphone warehouse and none stocking it. what a waste of money to advertise a phone that isn't even available to people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

I know those posters are everywhere. just went onto vodafone, o2 and carphone warehouse and none stocking it. what a waste of money to advertise a phone that isn't even available to people!

Yeah things should only be advertised then they've been available for a while :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Omnia is available NOW on vodafone...saw it in the grafton street branch 2day.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Omnia is available NOW on vodafone...saw it in the grafton street branch 2day.

Any idea of the price, cannot get through to the store?

about 500 quid prepay or on bill ranging from about 250-350ish i think

• Advertisement

€300 on a contract? That's a joke - I got an unlocked one from Ebay for about €310.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Any idea of the price, cannot get through to the store?

Was just quoted 379 on perfect choice 200

bit of a rip off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

6ix wrote: »
    €300 on a contract? That's a joke - I got an unlocked one from Ebay for about €310.

link

that seems very low

Here you go.

It was actually €309.93 to be precise. :D

Edit: Regardless, of what I paid for an unlocked one it's a rip off anyway, seeing as Vodafone in the UK have it for FREE on £30/month price plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

nialldinho wrote: »
    Was just quoted 379 on perfect choice 200

yeah, got quoted 339 on perfect fit 400 myself, bit steeper than I am willing to pay. LG Viewty is only €9, thinking of getting one of these instead.

I know that it does not have the capability of the Omnia but I just cannot justify paying over €300 for a phone. :(

I wonder will Vodafone be having any special offers on the Omnia for Christmas and how come it's not available on the website yet? Are they still trying to get rid of the last few Tocco's??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dools2007 wrote: »
    yeah, got quoted 339 on perfect fit 400 myself, bit steeper than I am willing to pay. LG Viewty is only €9, thinking of getting one of these instead.

I know that it does not have the capability of the Omnia but I just cannot justify paying over €300 for a phone. :(

I wonder will Vodafone be having any special offers on the Omnia for Christmas and how come it's not available on the website yet? Are they still trying to get rid of the last few Tocco's??

I'd say that's exactly the reason. Realistically they'll sell more Toccos than Omnias; due to the feature set on the Tocoo being adequate/above average for the general consumer. Also, the Viewty and the Tocco are virtually the same feature wise, so there's not much in it in my opinion.

I agree with you on the price; €300+ for a handset on contract is a ridiculous price. I would stay well clear until the price comes down to a more realistic figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Think it was 409 on perfect fit 50 which was the cheapest monthly plan they quoted

Advertisement