Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 good Unix usage habits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Some decent stuff in there alright. I find these kind of article a real winner. Linux / unix is less about intuition (windows is strong there) about more reading to learn how to do things properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

Linux / unix is less about intuition (windows is strong there) about more reading to learn how to do things properly.

I think this is true if by intuition, you mean point and click, because windows is much better at this.

Logically though, I would say that Linux makes more sense. Specifically the way programs are, for the most part, independent of one another.

I like how IBM has really started stepping up its Unix support. They have always been pretty heavily vested in it, but it seems like over the last year, they have taken a lot of steps to help spread information and resources.

Advertisement