Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Mods not voteable?

Options
  • 29-10-2008 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

We could even settle for voting a Mod of the panel of Mods we are designated with.
    For instance the Photography forum has 6 Moderators, surely the Mod we feel is detrimental to our forum could be voted out like a house mate?

Open to discussion here.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Terrible idea. That just means that whoever the clique of the forum don't particluarly like gets the bullet even if they are the best at keeping posters in line.

Mods aren't there to make friends at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's no clique!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Voting mods out will not work. The admins and SMods keep an eye on forums - if a mod abuses their power and is causing detriment to the forum, then they'll be demodded. If the mod is doing a good job, but is just not liked by a few, why should they be demodded? As Xavi6 said, they're not there to make friends.

When the time comes for new mods to be appointed some forums will have a thread in which posters can nominate who they'd like to be mod. Admins have the final decision of course but at least regular users get an opinion aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Xavi are you an unloved Mod? Do you feel like at present a FF backbencher going into an election?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Voting mods out will not work.
    We wouldn't have to vote them out then,maybe just vote in more Mods so like re-issued shares in modern banks we could dilute them the ineffective unpopular Mods.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    I have pm'd them, the other users would be scared to rise up and rebel.
    The use Moderator in previous paragraph is too numerous for me to concentrate on replying to it, sorry.
    Glass half full, glass half empty.

Xavi are you an unloved Mod? Do you feel like at present a FF backbencher going into an election?

Pfft, check my 'thanks' stat to see how much I'm loved :cool:

Maybe we should vote posters in and out of forums. That way all the knob ends could be done away with and mods would have less work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"This week on I'm a Moderator, Get Me Out of Here: Thaedydal catches a snake with a spear, and eats it raw; Victor breaks down in the confession booth; OscarBravo and Wibbs build a canoe."

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pfft, check my 'thanks' stat to see how much I'm loved :cool:
    Are you saying you want a recount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Overheal wrote: »
    "This week on I'm a Moderator, Get Me Out of Here: Thaedydal catches a snake with a spear, and eats it raw; Victor breaks down in the confession booth; OscarBravo and Wibbs build a canoe."
    You the man overhead!:pac::)

Are you saying you want a recount?

Well there are quite a lot of them so maybe one or two got overlooked.....

So come on you might as well tell us which mod you have a beef with and why. You wouldn't want to be like the others and 'be scared to rise up and rebel'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

They are votable: each admin has an equal vote (if they choose to use it).

So come on you might as well tell us which mod you have a beef with and why. You wouldn't want to be like the others and 'be scared to rise up and rebel'.
    It's you as a matter of fact, I cannot get over what you did on that warm May summers night back in 2006.

Gooner

It's you as a matter of fact, I cannot get over what you did on that warm May summers night back in 2006.

Gooner

I'm no Gooner pal, Citeh all the way.

So basically this is a nothing thread.

I'm no Gooner pal, Citeh all the way.

So basically this is a nothing thread.
    I am the Gooner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement