Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International rules Ireland vs Australia

Options
  • 29-10-2008 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Finishing work at 9 on Friday morning and intend to head into town to have a few scoops for breakfast and watch the match - where'd be the best place for a smooth pre-breakfast porter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

hoody wrote: »
    Finishing work at 9 on Friday morning and intend to head into town to have a few scoops for breakfast and watch the match - where'd be the best place for a smooth pre-breakfast porter?

Is Padraig's at the docks still an early house? I know its called something else now and doesn't look like a public toilet anymore but I'd say pre-official pub opening hours, somewhere around the docks is the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

hoody wrote: »

We will be at the game.. cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

daveg wrote: »
    We will be at the game.. cannot wait :)

That's very helpful to the OP alright :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Is Padraig's at the docks still an early house? I know its called something else now and doesn't look like a public toilet anymore but I'd say pre-official pub opening hours, somewhere around the docks is the best bet
    They don't open early any more. I'm not sure if anywhere else has an early house license.

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    They still have the licence but don't open early.
    Don't know of anywhere else.

Find some Australians and have a few cans with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Freeneys and Taafes have the market license but not sure if they use it.

Ring them and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I was in Freeney's before one early morning watching a World Cup game. I think it was Rep of Ireland v Cameroon. It cost a tenner to get in but you got breakfast for that and the money went to Charity. Had a heap of pints and was home around 11am............ Happy Days:D

Advertisement