Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower knob not turning since gas installed

Options
  • 29-10-2008 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to run this by some folk who will be a lot more knowledgeable about these things than I am before I go running to the landlady looking for help!

There was gas installed in the apartment I rent last Friday. We have a wall-mounted shower unit (with one of those hot/cold dials to control temperature that's mounted onto a larger on/ off dial) that previously ran off hot water from the immersion but since the gas was installed two things have happened: there's too much hot water in the shower and in order to be able to stand under the shower without scalding yourself you can only let the most minute amount of hot water into it. That's not too much of a problem (although if you accidentally knock the dial you get a badly burnt back/ bum fairly sharpish).

The other annoying thing though is that the on/off dial seems to have swollen and won't turn off properly. Turning it on is fine, but after running hte hot water for a couple of minutes the dial becomes next to impossible to turn off.

Am I right in thinking that the hot water could have done this or is it probably something else entirely? And if that is the problem can anything else be done about it?

Advertisement