Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 - 299 , XBOX360 PREMIUM - 179.99 , Wii - 202.46 in TESCO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know this is threatening to derail the thread, but basquille started it (and he is the mod) :)
    PS3 outsells Xbox 360 in Q2 worldwide

A comparison of Sony's corporate unit sales data and comments made by an investor relations spokesperson for Microsoft suggest that PlayStation 3 outsold Xbox 360 worldwide for the three months ending 30th September.

The PS3 shifted 2.43 million consoles throughout the period, according to freshly-published Q2 FY 2008 figures - nearly double that for the same stretch last year.

This puts Sony ahead of Microsoft, which recently told AFP the 360 shifted 2.2 million units for the same period.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=272074

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Fnz wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get a PS3 but wish it came with the Dual Shock 3 (rumble) controller. I'd might wait for a bundle that includes a couple of them ... and a game I care about (Little Big Planet). Tesco can be so unreliable when it comes to getting hold of stuff like this.

Anyone know what this PS3 SKU comes with?

Hadn't heard that there were many issues with the 40GB model. So I'm guessing it's not as much of an issue as the red ring issue on the 360. Also, the PS3 allows you to swap out its non-proprietary hard drive for any 2.5" one, so that's something to bear in mind.

I work in Xtravision and I'd say we've got back around 3 PS3's for every 10 we sold and id say we got less than 1 back for every 10 360's we sold. The 40gb are the worst for problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

jenno86 wrote: »
    we've got back around 3 PS3's for every 10 we sold and id say we got less than 1 for every 10 we sold.

what!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

say you buy a 40gb ps3 tommorow so, and it fails after 6 months...

you take it back to tesco, wont they just replace it there and then with an 80gb which is what they would prob have in stock in 6 months time?

or else it will go back to sony and they would prob replace it with an 80gb or 160gb, that is of course unless they keep 40gb replacements back...? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

BArra wrote: »
    say you buy a 40gb ps3 tommorow so, and it fails after 6 months...

you take it back to tesco, wont they just replace it there and then with an 80gb which is what they would prob have in stock in 6 months time?

or else it will go back to sony and they would prob replace it with an 80gb or 160gb, that is of course unless they keep 40gb replacements back...? :o

Well, Tesco have the right to repair or replace... but spot on otherwise. There's only the risk of inconvenience.

On a similar note, anyone know if Tesco Ballybrack has any stock of consoles any more? Or Tesco Bloomfields (in Dun Laoghaire)?

I was in Bloomfields only two weeks ago and no consoles, just a selloff on games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

majority of stores including xtra vision will give u a refurb unfortunately

so you are saying if i bought a 20gb ps3 10months ago and i went into my local xtra vision cos it wont play discs anymore... they would vanish into the back room and appear with a 20gb ps3?? i doubt it myself

they cant send it back to sony, ur contract is with xtra vision, and i for one would raise stink and just demand a 40gb or 80gb as they are/were essentially the same price

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

so you are saying if i bought a 20gb ps3 10months ago and i went into my local xtra vision cos it wont play discs anymore... they would vanish into the back room and appear with a 20gb ps3?? i doubt it myself

they cant send it back to sony, ur contract is with xtra vision, and i for one would raise stink and just demand a 40gb or 80gb as they are/were essentially the same price

While your contract is with xtravision they can offer you a repair, you aren't entitled to a refund or a replacement after 10 months. They can send the ps3 back to sony for repair (even though your contract is with them). I wouldn't kick up a stick either as it could look bad for you if things went wrong and you had to resolve it using the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 RS4

Does anyone know what time this promo is going to start at, Ive heard conflicting times for Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RS4 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time this promo is going to start at, Ive heard conflicting times for Dundrum
    Tomorrow... so 12.01 tonight makes sense if it's a 24 hour store.

No but they will order you a refurbished console from Sony because they will have plenty, hope you haven't jinxed yourself!:D :D:D

And if I were working I'd tell you to read the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1990 and tell you to stop embarrassing yourself.

jenno86 wrote: »
    No but they will order you a refurbished console from Sony because they will have plenty, hope you haven't jinxed yourself!:D :D:D

And if I were working I'd tell you to read the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1990 and tell you to stop embarrassing yourself.

fair dues, perhaps sweet talking your manager might prove fruitful!

not to be a pedantic prick but i would suggest you check your laws and more importantly the dates of said laws if your going to jump on the high horse, because it might end in you yourself, looking quite foolish ;)

basquille wrote: »
    Ah now c'mon jayteecork..

As an 360 owner, I can admit Sony has far more exciting exclusive titles coming out in the next few months - LBP for one!

I really don't think the PS3 will be "crushed" this Christmas by sales of other consoles.. I think this may be their strongest year (judging by how they've pretty much halved in price in the last year). They're much more affordable now than they were last Christmas.

What?! Xbox exclusives are alot better! Gears2, Fable 2 and Banjo 3 are gonna be unreal! Well Fable is already!:D AFAIK MSG will be coming out on the 360 at some stage.

Ah well, i suppose its all opinion!

fair dues, perhaps sweet talking your manager might prove fruitful!

not to be a pedantic prick but i would suggest you check your laws and more importantly the dates of said laws if your going to jump on the high horse, because it might end in you yourself, looking quite foolish ;)

Go on, so enlighten me on where I am going to make myself look quite foolish?:confused:

Sorry I was reading up on the Companies Act of 1990 today and got confused, my mistake.

Lads..

Can we please cease the "my knowledge of consumer rights is better than yours!" chit-chat?

Because unless you're trying to get a job at the National Consumer Agency, you're impressing no-one!

• Advertisement

Lads..

Can we please cease the "my knowledge of consumer rights is better than yours!" chit-chat?

Because unless you're trying to get a job at the National Consumer Agency, you're impressing no-one!

Fair enuf, just annoys me that people think that if they go into shops acting like a pr*ck and kick up a fuss they can get their own way.

Might buy a DS, nice christmas pressie! I'd say you would get a nice price Christmas week for one if you wanted to sell it on again!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Tomorrow... so 12.01 tonight makes sense if it's a 24 hour store.

Maybe... but I wasn't able to buy a DS (the day they were due to go on offer) from the electronics section in Clarehall when I went there for midnight. Was told I'd have to come back at 5 or 6am.

... I didn't. :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ok I've the Leaflet here
    The DS is 119.99 ( from 159.99)
    The Wii is 202.46 (from 269.95)
    The XBOX 360 is 179.99 from 239.99
    Sony PSP 134.96 (from 179.95)
    Sony PS3 299.95 (From 399.99)

25% off DVD's music cd's and games too.

Game in Mahon Point were selling a Ds + a game( rubbish) + accessory pack for 135 today... (less than the cost of a ds)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Had trouble with their pricing times at 24 hour Tescos before,know for a fact that their points offers dont kick in till about 4:30 in the morning when till prices are updated so it could be the same with cash discount offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Hatchet

Well..... went over to Dundrum at 1am this morning:rolleyes: (Thought I'd chance it! Alas, couldn't see any indication of the offers. Asked one of the lads stocking shelves about the offer but they didnt know anything about it.

So taking ninty's advice I went back at about 5:15am, and tada....... signs everywhere for the offer. Legged it over to the electronics section looking for a 40gb PS3. There was only a single 80gb one on the shelf!!! Only one XBOX360 arcade aswell IIRC. Anyways said I'd chance me arm with the 80gb as the advert only mentioned 40g PS3's but she scanned it in and it was €299!!!:D She did say that they will probably have more in but I'd say it wont be til mid morning. Anyway I'm off to get some sleep before I have to go to work..... best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Congrats Hatchet.... I wonder if the staff got the rest, or were there other weirdos up at 4am ?? :):D

I might spin over at lunchtime today to check out game prices. Looking for Fable 2 and Far Cry 2. Post prices if you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Got a DS for €120 at 8am in the Square, no signs and as usual have to get the right staff, they have them in the back so don't worry about the display colours/boxes, ask them.....

Got a PS3 this morning in the Sligo branch.. no signs anywhere but scanned in correctly at the til alright!

There was about 2 PS3's when I was leaving.. but may have been more in stockroom.

All of the new games were €59.95 (well, Far Cry 2 and Dead Space) before reduction, grabbed Tiger Woods 09 for €30 (after discount of course) though.

Now, whether to sell my 360..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Did you get the 80 gig Basquille ? If so I'll pop down and get one of those myself :D

No, just got the 40GB meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

Got myself a wii(with sports) for 202.46 and mariocart for 26.21 this morning at carrick on shannon branch. Quite a few in stock apparently.

Dont go by the number of boxes on the shelf as i was told they have quite a few out the back. Dont forget the 25% off applies to cds and dvds as well

Balls.. do I've to buy a HDMI cable for this? Just see a shoddy AV cable in the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Don't suppose there is any in Cork? Son wants a laptop for christmas but I'm sure he'd be happy with a ps3. Won't be able to get out til this evening either as tis santy who'd be buying it!(ie-don't want him to see me buying it and having his innocence bashed!)(or maybe Jaytee might look after them soon!)

Balls.. do I've to buy a HDMI cable for this? Just see a shoddy AV cable in the box!

Wasn't there a bargain alert for hdmi cables for €2.50 in Tesco? Get one of them, they'd probably be loads in the wesht!!

• Advertisement

Cheers lindtee.. should have looked this morning.

Will call in at lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

lindtee wrote: »
    Don't suppose there is any in Cork? Son wants a laptop for christmas but I'm sure he'd be happy with a ps3. Won't be able to get out til this evening either as tis santy who'd be buying it!(ie-don't want him to see me buying it and having his innocence bashed!)(or maybe Jaytee might look after them soon!)

Last PS3 was just sold in Wilton ten minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Canonfan wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting a part-time job in Tesco.

thats handy to know

Last PS3 was just sold in Wilton ten minutes ago.

:(:(. Thanks for letting me know. Not going to bother going on a search of other stores at this stage, early bird catches the worm and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

lindtee wrote: »
    :(:(. Thanks for letting me know. Not going to bother going on a search of other stores at this stage, early bird catches the worm and all that!

Was very tempted myself, was told a "cage" of them were brought out and that they were on sale at midnight. Three were on sale at 9.20, the last according to the girl, and they disappeared in front of me.

Good few wii's, wiifits, 4 xboxs (2 60GB, 2 120gb) were still on the floor, but I didn't ask if any of those were left in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

Was in Maynooth tesco this morning bought an Xbox 360 60gig model and also a ds lite and brain training game. It was the last 60gig on display. They had 4 arcade versions left on display did not see any ps3's thou. The DS lite is the blue one, you have to ask them toget you one of the ds lites as there locked away. They had 2 more blues and 1 red one left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Well I am back on the Dark Side, 60gb Xbox in Clearwater, thanks Op,They were looking for €289.50 for the elite, they also said there were a load of Wii and Xboxes left but that the PS3 80gb and all the Ds would be gone by midday, the only Ds that was not reduced was the Red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Loads of 80GB PS3s in Galway. Shop Assistant was just unboxing them from the Stores. I got one:) No good games though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

hachet,

did u get the steering wheel with Mario Cart? Was there any other decent games goin for the wii?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

chillywilly- yes you do get the steering wheel- didnt really look at any games myself, only bought that one as i was looking at it, behind the desk at customer services while i was waiting for the to bring out my console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

chasm wrote: »
    chillywilly- yes you do get the steering wheel- didnt really look at any games myself, only bought that one as i was looking at it, behind the desk at customer services while i was waiting for the to bring out my console.

cheers man! Jees, 26 yoyo's with a steering wheel is a stea:eek:l! Was just about to buy it for my girlfriend in game yesterday for 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Well I am back on the Dark Side, 60gb Xbox in Clearwater, thanks Op,They were looking for €289.50 for the elite, they also said there were a load of Wii and Xboxes left but that the PS3 80gb and all the Ds would be gone by midday, the only Ds that was not reduced was the Red.

In Finglas?
    Did they have many 360s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Any 80GB PS3 on sale for €299??

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Does anyone konw if they have fifa 09 for the PSP reduced ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

rvd156 wrote: »
    Any 80GB PS3 on sale for €299??
    Dunno how much stock they have left (all are hidden away in the stores) but I got one in Clarehall at 9.45am for that price. *Sigh* guess I have go all the way back to page one to thank the OP. :)
    Now, whether to sell my 360..!
    Was half thinking of doing the same but my brother loves Halo 3 and Bomberman Live - so much so he bought a gold subscription for himself (and convinced his friend to do the same, despite not having a blooming 360 himself)... I just don't have the heart to sell it off on that jerk. Plus there's still Condemned 2 to complete, and some other games I might still play (Burnout Paradise, Bomberman).

• Advertisement

sgthighway wrote: »
    Loads of 80GB PS3s in Galway. Shop Assistant was just unboxing them from the Stores. I got one:) No good games though:(

So they're charging 299 for the 80 gigs in Galway ?

So they're charging 299 for the 80 gigs in Galway ?
    Mate of mine was charged €299 for a 80GB too..

Mine was only a 40GB, which was stated in leaflets as being on special at €299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Is as cheap to make a 80GB as it is a 40GB so its just a case of clearing whatever stock they have. I want a Wii too so hopefully this offer will come back again when I can afford it.

sgthighway wrote: »
    Is as cheap to make a 80GB as it is a 40GB so its just a case of clearing whatever stock they have. I want a Wii too so hopefully this offer will come back again when I can afford it.
    Yes but the 80 gig comes with a dual Shock too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

Anything to be got in tesco's in new ross ow wexford

• Advertisement
Advertisement