Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 - 299 , XBOX360 PREMIUM - 179.99 , Wii - 202.46 in TESCO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Was there any Xbox 360's 60GB in Nutgrove or Dundrum left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

No consoles of any sort on the shelves in Tesco, Maynooth.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Picked up the 80Gb PS3 in Coonagh Cross Tesco. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

did anyone see psp's anywere???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

thanks to OP ended up getting:

wii for sister
    ps3-80gig for mate
    xbox360-60gig for xmas present
    wii fit for xmas present

Great bargains!!
    That's the spirit GAZZ with consumers like you we can beat this recession lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I picked up the very last 360 in Maynooth just there I think. The box was kinda damaged but they said if its ****ed just bring it back with the receipt. On the front the flap that covers the usb ports is broken, and this is just a 20gig model with no HDMI! Should I just return it now and count my lucky horses if they give me my money back, or should I wait till tomorrow when I know that they'll be out of them and try get a 60gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I rang the Galway Tesco store and they said they've been sold out since early morning. But they said that last time about the xboxes so will pop down myself later.
    Anyone check Galway in the last few hours ?

I got the second last Wii in Galway for €202 around 6:30pm, that's one Xmas pressie sorted. There were a good few Xbox Arcades and Pro bundles up on the shelf, no sign of any PS3's, not sure about the DS.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

did anyone see psp's anywere???

I saw the cases for them in the Coonagh shop as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wahey... got my 40GB PS3 exchanged for a 80GB PS3 no hassle in Tesco Sligo. And picked up another one for a mate while I was there.

Thought I got the last two but as mine were taken down, they were stocking up with more.

As someone said earlier, Sligo seems to be the place to go if you're still looking!

PS - only problem is I never got a receipt.. I got a payment receipt for my Laser. card If something were to happen (i.e a console was faulty out the box - it's unlikely but just wanna be sure!), that'd be no good, would it? It just has the price of the product but it couldn't be traced via an identifier on it. Maybe a Tesco employee could enlighten me.. think AC used to work there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Theres 2 or more PS3's in Claremorris and 10 in Castlebar.

I got the 40 gb in Claremorris with a free game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Went to Bloomfields (in Dun Laoghaire) after work. 2 x 20GB versions of the XBox360 on display. On the lower shelf, in DVD cases, were the placeholders for the XBox Arcade versions. Hidden amongst them were placeholders for four 60 GB Xbox360 boxes. Unfortunately, they said they were out of them since early today.

No Xbox for me. :(

Guess I'll just finish playing On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two tonight!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

picked up some DS's for the kids, cheers OP for the heads up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Wahey... got my 40GB PS3 exchanged for a 80GB PS3 no hassle in Tesco Sligo. And picked up another one for a mate while I was there.

Thought I got the last two but as mine were taken down, they were stocking up with more.

As someone said earlier, Sligo seems to be the place to go if you're still looking!

PS - only problem is I never got a receipt.. I got a payment receipt for my Laser. card If something were to happen (i.e a console was faulty out the box - it's unlikely but just wanna be sure!), that'd be no good, would it? It just has the price of the product but it couldn't be traced via an identifier on it. Maybe a Tesco employee could enlighten me.. think AC used to work there.

Glad to hear you got the 80GB. I'm not quite sure what the returns procedure is, I used to work down stairs and we didn't get many people coming back after 10 months with a faulty tin of beans down there. I imagine there is a way to search back through old transactions using the date and product code (maybe even using the last four digits on the card) to narrow it down to the exact transaction so with that debit card slip you should be fine.

They can print out copies of receipts or at least they could when I was working in there. The checkout manager/supervisors down stairs should
    be able to do this. I don't think the up stairs staff can though which is probably a good thing as they're probably sick of the sight of ya. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Look at the bottom of that piece of paper. You'll see:

DD/MM/YY HH:MM 4 digit code 3 digit code 4 digit code 4 digit code

If that's there, then a new one can be printed, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Nice one. Did you tell them sueme was cross about they're treatment of you?!

I'd get a receipt if I were you, give them a ring and ask them to leave it behind the counter for you, save all the faffing of going in again.

On topic:

Yep, there was plenty of stock in there earlier alright, and the games section is downstairs in Sligo, at the main entrance downstairs there is just a sign advertising 25% off DVDs etc, so they might last if any of you peeps want to travel.

sueme wrote: »
    I did indeed... they're now aware of "The Wrath of Sueme"
    I'd get a receipt if I were you, give them a ring and ask them to leave it behind the counter for you, save all the faffing of going in again.
    Yeah, but don't know it can be issues after point-of-sale.

Have mine hooked up now.. and it looks fantastic. Though still need to pick up an HDMI cable.

Why is it I read the 80GB will support a good 80% of PS2 games? Yet the box has a big grey sticker saying "Playstation 2 format software titles do not perform on this system"
    Yep, there was plenty of stock in there earlier alright, and the games section is downstairs in Sligo, at the main entrance downstairs there is just a sign advertising 25% off DVDs etc, so they might last if any of you peeps want to travel.
    Yep.. was in there about 7pm and there was plenty in each console. Not to mention a load of chart games alright.

My nephew was chuffed as my brother picked him up FIFA 09 for the PS2 for €22.

EDIT: Sorry lads.. missed your replies:
    Pegasus15 wrote: »
    Look at the bottom of that piece of paper. You'll see:

DD/MM/YY HH:MM 4 digit code 3 digit code 4 digit code 4 digit code

If that's there, then a new one can be printed, yes.
    That's there alright... might go in and get one printed in case. Though I'm probably being a bit over-sensitive, but doesn't hurt to be safe.
    They can print out copies of receipts or at least they could when I was working in there. The checkout manager/supervisors down stairs should
    be able to do this. I don't think the up stairs staff can though which is probably a good thing as they're probably sick of the sight of ya. :D
    Cheers AC.

I think the staff upstairs were sharpening their pitchforks when I arrived this evening! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why is it I read the 80GB will support a good 80% of PS2 games? Yet the box has a big grey sticker saying "Playstation 2 format software titles do not perform on this system"

The american 80GB has software emulation that lets it play ps2 games, UK model unfortunately doesn't.

The american 80GB has software emulation that lets it play ps2 games, UK model unfortunately doesn't.
    Wha?!?!

That's utter horse-sh*t! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Any ps3's in cork region? how long is this offer lasting for?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

I did indeed... they're now aware of "The Wrath of Sueme"

\\ *Kirk voice*

"SUEEEEMEEEEEE!!!!"

Glad you got sorted Basquille... after your epic tale of travel and buyer's remorse. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Tesco Roscommon had a 40Gb PS3 with 1 or 2 free games. They also had DSs in stock.

Fnz wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted Basquille... after your epic tale of travel and buyer's remorse. :D
    Cheers man.

Yeah, quite a tale alright. In hindsight, it probably really wasn't worth the effort. But I'd hate to miss out on an upgrade!

The funny thing is the guy stocking the shelves in Sligo said to me "are you the one who bought the 40GB PS3 this morning?" and I replied yeah. He said he saw someone had bought one and said to the salesperson "someone will be back with that!" - he was right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Was there any Xbox 360's 60GB in Nutgrove or Dundrum left?

One or two xbox's in Dundrum - an Elite was lonesome on the shelf. Nutgrove cleared out. That was mid afternoon today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

You lucky bast*ard basquille :D

I tried Bloomfield in Dún Laoghaire after work and they only had 2 Xbox's in stock and nothing else. I wanted a PS3 but was told that they had none :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Tesco in Clarehall anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

for the Wii I went to xtravision
    console + extra controller + extra nunchuck + any game for €279

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

:mad:
    Craptasmic

I've been holding out for the ps3 for a decent price for ages and missed this thread by a few hours.

Damnit all to hell.

I'll be trying in Galway tomorrow just in case theyve more stock. Cant believe this - I'd decided I was getting one for Christmas at the very least. Typical.

/Pathetically crosses fingers for early morning tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm affraid that's complete poop.
    The first Edition of the PS3 (both European and US) had PS2 emulation and also had memory card readers etc..but was also costing 500-600 euro.
    They dropped the PS2 Emulation and the card readers to cut the price of manufacturing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dubo

PS3 sold out northside and south... the guy behind the counter told me they wouldn't be getting any more. Anyone been told otherwise?

• Advertisement

I'm affraid that's complete poop.
    The first Edition of the PS3 (both European and US) had PS2 emulation and also had memory card readers etc..but was also costing 500-600 euro.
    They dropped the PS2 Emulation and the card readers to cut the price of manufacturing.
    Sorry I meant the older version (it was essentially the same as the 60GB pal version only with an 80GB hard drive) which is no longer in production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

so in terms of backwards compatibility with ps2 - do either the 80gb or 40gb come with anything?

so in terms of backwards compatibility with ps2 - do either the 80gb or 40gb come with anything?
    Nope, they won't play any ps2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

That's there alright... might go in and get one printed in case. Though I'm probably being a bit over-sensitive, but doesn't hurt to be safe.

Not to flog a dead horse, but this is probably the best thing you can do if you want to avoid any hassle if you have problems later on.

However, if you happened not to be able to get a receipt for whatever reason, the laser receipt will serve as a proof of purchase. And that - a proof of purchase - is all that's what's required under the Act to make sure you get all your lovely consumer rights that basically render most warranties redundant and says: "Yes, you can bring back a high-price electronics good after 10 months if it breaks down" (with such protections obviously not extending to consumables like a tin of beans :rolleyes:).

That's why it's always advisable to pay by laser or credit card - the statements/receipts act as a proof of purchase if you need them in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

me mate got a ps3 bettystown tonight said there was one or two left no xbox or wii.

psicic wrote: »
    Not to flog a dead horse, but this is probably the best thing you can do if you want to avoid any hassle if you have problems later on.

However, if you happened not to be able to get a receipt for whatever reason, the laser receipt will serve as a proof of purchase. And that - a proof of purchase - is all that's what's required under the Act to make sure you get all your lovely consumer rights that basically render most warranties redundant and says: "Yes, you can bring back a high-price electronics good after 10 months if it breaks down" (with such protections obviously not extending to consumables like a tin of beans :rolleyes:).

That's why it's always advisable to pay by laser or credit card - the statements/receipts act as a proof of purchase if you need them in the future.
    Cheers psilic.. will go in and try and get a receipt printed tomorrow.

But I always pay for big purchases on the Laser / Visa.. I know better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dubo

Kristok wrote: »
    me mate got a ps3 bettystown tonight said there was one or two left no xbox or wii.

Is that one 24 hour? I'm not too far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Yeah, just make sure you ask for the checkout manager as (s)he is the only one able to do this. You'll probably have to explain why you want one printed, but they should be understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Got a PS3 in Carrick - on - Shannon yesterday!!

Loads of them left!!

Thanks OP!!

Returned the 20gig 360 I got in Maynooth last night, got the cash back no hassle. They didn't have any others left in stock so I mosied over to Celbridge, fairly confident they wouldnt have anything.

Got a 60gig no problem :)
    Just ask in customer service, they had a bunch of 60gig 360's and Ps3's. Not sure if they were the 80gig though.

this was around half 10 last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Got the PS3 last night and had a quick go on it, I got GT5 prologue free with it.

I usually play my 360 in HD but dont have the HDMI cable for the PS3 yet so played with the normal AV connections, I wasn't really that impressed by GT5 at all, I never liked the series maybe thats why.

I know this is a stupid question but is there many fun games out for the PS3 and do the games look a lot better in HD, after having Gears Of War and games like Fable Im just wondering what the PS3 has in exclusives coming out , but I hear Drakes Fortune is good?

I dont know, I just hope the PS3 isn't like the PSP, I'd like some fun games as well as the serious ones, I know little big planet is supposed to be great. IS there many exclusives lined up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Plenty of PS3s (80GB), Wiis and the three Xbox models in Dooradoyle Limerick at 8pm last night.

Bought a Wii (w/Wii Fit) and an Xbox and they mentioned that they had plenty in the store room.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Went to dundrum last night after work,sales guy laughed saying they were all gone :( luckily basquille got me one in sligo - nice one! Many thanks

Went to dundrum last night after work,sales guy laughed saying they were all gone :( luckily basquille got me one in sligo - nice one! Many thanks
    You're welcome..

.. on a completely unrelated subject, I've an 80GB PS3 up on Ebay for cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is there any arcade models lying around?
    XBOX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

lads what prices is fallout 3 in tesco?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Do you get the Sports pack with the Wii as standard ?

Placebo wrote: »
    is there any arcade models lying around?
    XBOX

There might still be a few if you want to hike out to Celbridge.

Rooy wrote:
    Do you get the Sports pack with the Wii as standard ?
    Yep, that comes as standard with all Wii's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

shortys94 wrote: »
    I know this is a stupid question but is there many fun games out for the PS3 and do the games look a lot better in HD, after having Gears Of War and games like Fable Im just wondering what the PS3 has in exclusives coming out , but I hear Drakes Fortune is good?

I dont know, I just hope the PS3 isn't like the PSP, I'd like some fun games as well as the serious ones, I know little big planet is supposed to be great. IS there many exclusives lined up?

Like you say, LBP and Drake's Fortune look good. The games that interest me (but I can't believe I bought a PS3 for) include:

WipEout HD - €18 download only game that implements the six axis control very well.

Pixeljunk Eden - also a download game - check out some video of it as it looks... unique.

Warhawk and the Motorstorm sequel are maybes.

Oh, and Super Stardust HD - another download game that I, personally, prefer over the Geometry Wars games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

also any cheap games going?

• Advertisement
Advertisement