Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 - 299 , XBOX360 PREMIUM - 179.99 , Wii - 202.46 in TESCO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Placebo wrote: »
    also any cheap games going?
    Well, it's 25% off all games in Tesco so it's a good reduction.

Picked up Tiger Woods 09 for the PS3 for €30 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Going to get an Xbox somewhere

It seems an Arcade is 134.99 and 60gb is 179.99

Would I be better off going for the 60gb? Only use it to play Pro Ev but i'd still have to splash out extra for a memory card to save games, or could i just buy a cheap 20gb hard drive on ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

just tried tesco in finglas, no Wii's left, just a few xboxs. anybody know if theres any Wii's in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Anything left in Galway? Dont wanna make the trip unless it proves fruitful.

Just ordered 'Little Big Planet' and 'The Dark Knight' (Blu-Ray) for €57 - sorted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

basquille wrote: »
    Just ordered 'Little Big Planet' and 'The Dark Knight' (Blu-Ray) for €57 - sorted! :D

Where?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where?
    TheHut.com

Little Big Planet
    Dark Knight

You'll get a £5 off if you spend over £40 (if at least one of the items if a game, which you will buy buying both).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

popey21 wrote: »
    just tried tesco in finglas, no Wii's left, just a few xboxs. anybody know if theres any Wii's in dublin?

yep, tesco in stillorgan have a good few wiis

got my 60 gig xbox there today, they also have the arcade version aswell

theres psp's too

dont know if they have any ps3's, didnt see any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

TheHut.com

Little Big Planet
    Dark Knight

You'll get a £5 off if you spend over £40 (and at least one of the items if a game), which you will buy buying both.

Thats a great price fot The Dark Knight
    Will it play on a standard PAL PS3
    Its not an American Blue-Ray?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I was just in Tesco, Wilton there and they have a few xbox pro's and arcades left in case anyone is interested. The pro's are represented by DVD boxes in the games section and the arcades are on the counter near the atm machine (the lotto/cigarette place)
    Same price as the rest of this thread, 179.99/134.
    Annoys me cause I got a pro a few weeks ago at full price :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Did anyone see any new release games like Fallout 3 today in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was in tesco killarney this morning and they had games that were released last week(FarCry2 etc...) but none of the games released today like quantum of solace

lfcefc wrote: »
    Thats a great price fot The Dark Knight
    Will it play on a standard PAL PS3
    Its not an American Blue-Ray?
    It's a British site - it's in sterling! ;) Works out at €19 delivered for TDK - bargain alright!

So it's a PAL title and yes, it will play on a standard PS3.

PS - but speaking on that topic, I think a good portion of Warner Bros Blu-Rays have been region-free. I'd jump the gun and say so will 'The Dark Knight' but could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dubo

Thanks to OP and Kristok. Got the last PS3 in bettystown. Commiserations to the guy who had to go home and ask his wife's permission... ;)

Still a couple xboxes there this morning if anyone's looking.

It's a British site - it's in sterling! ;) Works out at €19 delivered for TDK - bargain alright!

So it's a PAL title and yes, it will play on a standard PS3.

PS - but speaking on that topic, I think a good portion of Warner Bros Blu-Rays have been region-free. I'd jump the gun and say so will 'The Dark Knight' but could be wrong!

You should put that up as a bargain alert on its own
    Sorry im a noobie when it comes to ps3 its my sons but I like the idea of watching TDK in HD
    Hav'nt seen it yet

• Advertisement

lfcefc wrote: »
    You should put that up as a bargain alert on its own
    Sorry im a noobie when it comes to ps3 its my sons but I like the idea of watching TDK in HD
    Hav'nt seen it yet
    Done..

.. and it definitely should be on your 'To Buy' list - film of the year I'd say.

Done..

.. and it definitely should be on your 'To Buy' list - film of the year I'd say.

Just bought it
    Now I have to wait till December :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

anyone know if there's any left in the crescent in limerick, in college now but im half thinking of going out when im finished to see if i can get a ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

TheHut.com

Little Big Planet
    Dark Knight

You'll get a £5 off if you spend over £40 (if at least one of the items if a game, which you will buy buying both).

Off topic... but what's with Thehut's blatant false advertising for Motorstorm 2:

thehuterror02qc5.jpg

First of all, it should be "Motorstorm" (one word)... and even the older, original game isn't that cheap on their site. :confused:

Again, off topic... but strange.

Fnz wrote: »
    Off topic... but what's with Thehut's blatant false advertising for Motorstorm 2:

First of all, it should be "Motorstorm" (one word)... and even the older, original game isn't that cheap on their site. :confused:

Again, off topic... but strange.
    It's hardly blatant..! :D

Just a mistake on their part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

lads what prices is fallout 3 in tesco?

cheers
    €57.99 I think, so €43.50 with the discount. I think most of their new releases (Fable II, Saints Row 2) are €57.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Anyone notice any Wii's left anywhere in Dublin. The were gone in Jervis Centre by 12 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€57.99 I think, so €43.50 with the discount. I think most of their new releases (Fable II, Saints Row 2) are €57.99
    Wrong, it's €59.95, €45 with discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Picked up a 40G PS3 in Athlone last night, had no 80G left but that would have been just a bonus. Grand Turismo 5 Prologue was in the box too, wasnt expecting that. :)

Do Tesco sell PS controllers? Forgot to get a second one while I was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Bettystown Still has 3 Xbox 360 in Stock
    d240e3d38a8882ecad8633c8f9c78c9b.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Any PS3s or XBOX's down south i.e Cork boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

It's hardly blatant..! :D

Just a mistake on their part.

Guess I shouldn't have put it that way... was just surprised by the number of errors in a single, ad (especially after them getting my hopes up for a superb bargain ;)).

I was going to list some of the mistakes they made... but when I read it back, it made me sound like some nut job. Let's just say, I count about 5 screw-ups in that one small ad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

all the xboxs are 20gig in bettystown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

He shoots, he SCORES! :D

80GB! I had no luck in Galway last night or this morning, but I rang around and managed to reserve one in Ballinasloe :D

Cant wait to get it all connected and what not but won't be till tomorrow.

There were 2 40GBs left there if anyone's near but Galway's empty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Eugster

There lods of everthing in new ross ps3's wii's xbox's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭fatjose101

anyone know if there are any 80GB ps3's in the Tralee stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

There seems to be loads of xbox 360's in roxboro Limerick ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was in Tesco in Stillorgan tonight and saw a woman buying a xbox360 at about 7 o'clock so they still had some left at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

jonski wrote: »
    There seems to be loads of xbox 360's in roxboro Limerick ,

Any PS3 80GB's there?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

manster wrote: »
    Any PS3 80GB's there?

PS3's available in Coonagh this afternoon (they had a sign up). Don't know what size, but I got an 80GB one there yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Tesco in the Omni in Santry are sold out of the Ds, but they do have 007 and Fallout3 for xbox 360.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone know of any PSPs in the Cork region? I know Wilton don't have, and Market Green say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Was in the Galway Tesco last night at 7pm when they were putting loads of PS3's , 360's, etc back on the shelf so picked up an 80 gig PS3 :D
    I'd say the initial rush has pasted but all the stores should be restocked today.
    Now do I need a psp mmmm hehe

Yeah, i was in Tesco Sligo yesterday evening.. and although the place was mobbed, there was still plenty of consoles to be gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭superfootyfan

Any 80gb PS3's left in Celbridge or Maynooth ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Any 80gb PS3's left in Celbridge or Maynooth ??

none in either shop when i checked around 8 o clock last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Calm Horizons

Anyone know if Clarehall have XBox360s in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

At 11.30 this morning in Roscommon there were 3 x PS3 80GB, 2 x XBOX360 Arcade, 2 x XBOX 360 Premium and 4 x Wii sitting on a trolley at customer service, no guarantee any of them are left now but it might help someone out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Loads of wiis, xbox arcades, premiums and elites in tesco artane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Anyone pick up a ps3 in dublin today? I cant get through to clarehall or clearwater on the phone, anyone know if theres any left in either shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,

Anyone know if there are any Tesco stores in Dublin that still have the DS Lite available.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Lads are the 360's 20gb or 60gb or is it hit and miss would really like to pick one up but i'm only gonna buy the newer less crap/failly/dieing versions. Also i can go to limerick or ennis if anyone knows there are any left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Lads are the 360's 20gb or 60gb or is it hit and miss would really like to pick one up but i'm only gonna buy the newer less crap/failly/dieing versions. Also i can go to limerick or ennis if anyone knows there are any left.

there was still about 10 360's left in Roxboro Limerick , yesterday . I will be in there early afternoon and have a more detailed look at them and report back . Am I right in saying the newer ones have hdmi ? or how else would I know them ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Isnt the xbox 360 179.99 in all shops without games??

I seen the new exclusive 160gb ps3 yesterday 449.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

jonski wrote: »
    there was still about 10 360's left in Roxboro Limerick , yesterday . I will be in there early afternoon and have a more detailed look at them and report back . Am I right in saying the newer ones have hdmi ? or how else would I know them ??

The newest 360s will be 60gig models, the previous iteration brought in the HDMI and the generations prior to that (apart from initial Elite models - correct me if i'm wrong) didn't have hdmi.

The 60 gig model would be the one to go for if i doubt.
    Isnt the xbox 360 179.99 in all shops without games??

The "arcade" 360 - no hdd - is 179.99 in most shops without games (though in zavvi you get 2 games free for 179.99) but without the HDD it's a bit of a false economy to get the lower priced one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement