Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

squeeking like an old bed

Options
  • 29-10-2008 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Nissan primera 02. Yesterday the car started squeeking like an old bed with crockety springs. Think its coming from the front drivers side. It was 0 degrees yesterday. Is it the cold or something worse. Its the first time i heard it and its there today also.I drove the car for a while last night to heat it up and it was still there.Breaks, shocks? Anybody?Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If it was a VAG I'd say 100% ARB bushes. It might be the same on a primera, the cold would make them less lubricated and less likely to accept movement in the rubber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 y

Cheers quazzie. Thats not a big job is it? Price wise? Bit broke at the mo and dont want to be forking out a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

About €50 with your local mechanic. Like I said thats almost certainlty it if it was a VAG but your is japanese. If it was them a bit of grease might be enough to cure the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

The best thing to do would be to get your mechanic to have a look at it. You could fork out a fortune for bushes and find out it wasn't them causing it.

I'd probably hazard a guess its the wishbone bushes causing it which probably wouldn't be so cheap due to the labour costs ( there would probably be 2 bushes on each wishbone, and they have to be removed and pressed in ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesO

Yea as Quazzie2002 said sounds like the ARB's. One way to know for sure is they tend to stop making noise in wet or damp weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did you drive through any puddles of water recently or get the car washed?
    - Same thing happened me after washing the car. Took around 24hours for it to disappear

Have you checked the bonnet is fully down?
    - Drove around before with my bonnet slightly open!

Advertisement